ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

Re: Mk1 172 Hybrid Track Car Project

Not sure why but I just watched three minutes of a slippery track vs a car that weighs bugger all :)

Looking top notch and swear you're getting pretty good at driving now lad!!

Be good to get our for a run with you at some point.

Jamie

Seriously? You can see your head so I just thought you had lifted the seat lol, have you grown ?

LOL....aye probably grown.

Not sure why but I just watched three minutes of a slippery track vs a car that weighs bugger all :)

Looking top notch and swear you're getting pretty good at driving now lad!!

Be good to get our for a run with you at some point.

Jamie

You are bad luck, remember what happened last time haha!

Will take you for a blast in it at the next meet your at or something if you want :approve:

106 GTI

Will take you for a blast in it at the next meet your at or something if you want :approve:

Cant fault that attitude!! credit to the club :)

JDM Dc2

as im not a paid member i cant reply to any threads on meets etc... when is the next local meet in the NW region??...

On a separate note, Jords mate, love to go out in it, poss trax fella as pretty snowed under at the mo, weekends included!

Yeah whenever, it will have probably broke again by then lol!

Picked up a few bits off a local member before as spares, and another battery box (going behind the passenger seat this time) so will update when fitted tommorow :)

Track valver + Ibiza FR

If it wasn't for me you wouldn't have them (I think you should give me your car as a gesture of thanks)

Few pictures from -JB-

DSC_0254.jpg

DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0267.jpg

DSC_0268.jpg

DSC_0272.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I still can't believe you never said hello!!! Well gutted tbh. :(

This thread wouldn't have over 3k posts in it without most being spam tbh

bla bla bla you wish, im only on the 22nd engine change and 30000millionth mod/rig....heres to the next 3k :drunk:

I still can't believe you never said hello!!! Well gutted tbh. :(

be reet...lol.

whats had done to it or do you mean whats left of the original car?

no idea what hes on about, probably means whats left of the original car...

I was going to get some stuff done this morning, but after collapsing when I woke up and ending up at the hospital until the afternoon ive gave it a miss.....My list is getting bigger (again) for all the little jobs to be sorted, will get there though!

swine flu?

pepsi flu?...

mods joining in with the spam now, what next ;)

Just a quick note of the trackdays I have booked currently...

11th August - Cadwell Park (RenaultSport Day)
15th August - Mallory Park
17th November - Oulton Park (Rearranged RenaultSport Day)

...and the others which im deciding on :)

6th September - Trax, May make an appearance, not on track though.
September/October - Marham

Yeah, quite a bit to do...

Still need to swap the gearboxes over, finish getting the rest of the cage bars welded in, get the map sorted, save some more weight (doorskins + battery), tidy up engine bay again (ECU Relocate Take 2) and quite a few other bits :)

JDM Dc2

Yeah, quite a bit to do...

Still need to swap the gearboxes over, finish getting the rest of the cage bars welded in, get the map sorted, save some more weight (doorskins + battery), tidy up engine bay again (ECU Relocate Take 2) and quite a few other bits :)

youve got a list like me, just goes on and on lol

phase 1 172 sport

mods joining in with the spam now, what next ;)

Just a quick note of the trackdays I have booked currently...

11th August - Cadwell Park (RenaultSport Day)
15th August - Mallory Park
17th November - Oulton Park (Rearranged RenaultSport Day)

...and the others which im deciding on :)

6th September - Trax, May make an appearance, not on track though.
September/October - Marham
15th August you a member of RTOC then??

phase 1 172 sport

Yes mate, became a paid up member the other day specifically for it :)

Been signed up for a while, know quite a few members, but only paid the other day :approve:
good stuff see you there then i will be taking my clio cup not the 5gtt again then this year;)

phase 1 172 sport

RTOC eh should be fun to see if u can keep up with played with 5's.
No problem half the battle is the driver mate 5gtt can get keep up on the straights but the chicanes no chance,Adeyspec racing aka Adrian had a phase 1 172 with throttle bodies last year and beat everything on track ive been turned from 5gtt to a clio 182 cup still got a Raider and a mint J reg tucked up in the garage for those sunny sundays:cool:

No problem half the battle is the driver mate 5gtt can get keep up on the straights but the chicanes no chance,Adeyspec racing aka Adrian had a phase 1 172 with throttle bodies last year and beat everything on track ive been turned from 5gtt to a clio 182 cup still got a Raider and a mint J reg tucked up in the garage for those sunny sundays:cool:

that would depend on the GTT, Adey spent more on his clio suspension than he did on his whole GTT, on the other hand my GTT would suck his clio up and spit it out of my tailpipe ;) but then my gearbox cost more than his whole clio...