ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[May 10, 2015] Spring 2015 Wales Run - Blacks & Beacons (Black mountains / South wales)

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Count me in on this lads! Sorry for not getting in on things sooner, Hectic times at Villa la Filters at the moment.

My cars still shanked so I'll possibly drag the bike along.

Not checked the route out but the further up Rhayader/Aberystwyth way the crazier the roads tend to get...élan valleys a good run.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Some added news on the black mountain pass. It's officially 40mph and now has a regular patrols pass through, brought in by Dyfed Powys police.

Had a toot up earlier in the week, whilst stopped at the east end cafe (Llandovery) I had a chat with a local bobby who said it's part due to too many car clubs using it and again to many bikers during the summer months.

I've already pulled one member out of a crumpled car up there...and lost many a close friend on it. Without being a kill joy and given the fact it's been done so many times, I think it may be best to swap it for the hundred houses run or élan/aber route.

Was up there yesterday and the bobby on the bike couldnt care less. There was a bike club there filming on the hairpin, the copper just drove passed with a nod and off he went.
We where there with drones and gopros and all seemed ok.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Was up there yesterday and the bobby on the bike couldnt care less. There was a bike club there filming on the hairpin, the copper just drove passed with a nod and off he went.
We where there with drones and gopros and all seemed ok.

That's a bit strange then as the old boy I spoke to was a right grump about it!

I bet a lot of traffic are all up for people being out and enjoying the roads sensibly. That one you spoken to may have attended more accident than he (anyone really) would have liked and that's why hes a grump (understandably)

Count me in where ever we go. I have a 172 not a dci now! :blush:
@msremmert Did I see your car at around 6:30am heading down towards ponty from the nelson area some time this week?
I was starting work at 7am however I don't come down from Nelson! I'm closer to Church Village :)
@dajones I was actually out and about with a friend earlier. We went for a spin up through Builth Wells, Rayader and across to the Elan Valley. We simply avoided the Black Mountain.

I was starting work at 7am however I don't come down from Nelson! I'm closer to Church Village :)
@dajones I was actually out and about with a friend earlier. We went for a spin up through Builth Wells, Rayader and across to the Elan Valley. We simply avoided the Black Mountain.
Could you make a map and include all the good roads and ill see what can be done. While mid Wales could be good, are everyone up for a massive drive? We only went as far as builth last time and people where dropping off.

RB197
Anyone around the Oxfordshire area heading down want to meet on the way? Been meaning to go for a nice run in Wales for a while now and would love to do it in the Meg

Seems like there's a good few up for this now. Should be a good day out!

I'm up for driving a good distance. I'm sure most will be too. If some want to drop out then it's up to them.
In my eyes these road trips don't appear too often so while everyone's out it'd be good to make the most of it.

I am starting to receive prizes to be able to offer a raffle Draw. Any donations over £3 will be put into a hat then I will get someone on the day to pick names out. Average price of prizes so far is around £30, I have tried to make it car orientated :)

Sounds great! I'll be donating.

I've recently acquired a Sony action cam. Will try and get some mounts for the day and get some footage.
I can't edit for s**t though!
Just been snowboarding and get some footage but can't do nothing with it. Lol.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I am starting to receive prizes to be able to offer a raffle Draw. Any donations over £3 will be put into a hat then I will get someone on the day to pick names out. Average price of prizes so far is around £30, I have tried to make it car orientated :smile:

Shall have a word with the Cliosport powers that be and see if they're willing to donate a few CS orientated goodies towards the raffle for you chap.

Sounds great. Looking forward to this!
I'll be wanting to take the Audi out for this its first proper drive, must resist and take the Clio.

Is there a final route plan or is it still under development? [emoji5] [emoji106]

Focus RS + S3
Yeah. My input was just watch out for herds of sheep on llangynidr mountain!

Theyre a nightmare lol, miles of grassland, nah we'll stay on the road thanks, grrr lol
i had a blast up there monday evening, it was a rare event, no sheep and no cars on a sunny evening.

The route looks good, ill be pouring the petrol in, cars got a litte more thirsty since last time

Theyre a nightmare lol, miles of grassland, nah we'll stay on the road thanks, grrr lol
i had a blast up there monday evening, it was a rare event, no sheep and no cars on a sunny evening.

The route looks good, ill be pouring the petrol in, cars got a litte more thirsty since last time
Lol. Sounds ideal.
Yeah,you look across and there's non on the fields, their all congregating along the road side like their watching a rally event! [emoji14]

How was the ring trip? Or you not been yet? You drivng the RS out, round the ring etc and back? Or trailer?

Jonesaaaay93

ClioSport Club Member
I will possibly be able to make this, just got a new 182 since last years meet but it needs a bit of TLC, and its prime university exam period! But worst comes to worst I will try and at least make an hour of it for some pictures and to the guys from last years meet :). Im from Cardiff with a LY 182 btw :D

I will possibly be able to make this, just got a new 182 since last years meet but it needs a bit of TLC, and its prime university exam period! But worst comes to worst I will try and at least make an hour of it for some pictures and to the guys from last years meet :smile:. Im from Cardiff with a LY 182 btw :smiley:
Wish I'd been able to run a 182 when I was a student!
In other news, the more the merrier :)

I will possibly be able to make this, just got a new 182 since last years meet but it needs a bit of TLC, and its prime university exam period! But worst comes to worst I will try and at least make an hour of it for some pictures and to the guys from last years meet :). Im from Cardiff with a LY 182 btw :D
Another LY 182?! Lol. That makes 3 or 4 now if everyone turns up. [emoji14]

Picked the Audi up yesterday. Lovely drive, had a blast around Hereford, hay on wye and down through brecon to Ystradgynlais area (to see my dad)

Goes better than I expected! [emoji41]
Nice to have boost again.
Have pretty much totally cleared out my account to buy it though! Lol. Ah well.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1429437369562.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1429437369562.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
Brilliant numbers guys, will be updating the lists here and on CS tonight if anyone else wants to come forward :)

Whoever is Dunny83, thanks for your Donation :)