ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matt's 200 CUP

Clio 200 cup
Got my 200 CUP a couple of months ago now and ive started adding bits and bobs so thought i'd start a project thread this is my 4th renault sport and i always seem to find my way back to a clio my last two cars were M3's one an E92 M3 and the other i spent a small fortune on which was my track E46 M3. But i do love my clio's and here i am.

Bought the car from ktec and it had coilovers already fitted which was a massive bonus for me as its something i would of done anyway, other than that its a standrd cup spec with recaros.

A quick phone pic after i got it back and had a play with the suspension.

image_2.jpg

Then i bought a sabelt steering wheel and OMP boss

image_3.jpg

Fitted

image_4.jpg

I then bought a rich's supersprint race back box.

image_9.jpg

I then bought a set of federal 595 RSR's

image_6.jpg

Then they were fitted and i had the geometry setup properly as whoever owned the car before clearly never had it done and in all honesty it was all over the place.

image_8.jpg

And this is basically how its sitting now with the suspension set up properly and the RSR's on drives 100 times better now like night & day.

image_7.jpg

Looking like a cup racer now! Also has 20mm spacers all round! And im on the lookout for a cup racer rear spoiler.

Cheers

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
That's teetering between absolutely epic stance and too low.

I can't make my mind up so I'll say it's epic.

If it helps, get a cup spoiler, not a cup racer one.

The cup spoiler if bolted on from the inside. The cup racer one if bolted from the outside. So someone could Nick it if they want.

...moar pics needed

Clio 200 cup
That's teetering between absolutely epic stance and too low.

I can't make my mind up so I'll say it's epic.

If it helps, get a cup spoiler, not a cup racer one.

The cup spoiler if bolted on from the inside. The cup racer one if bolted from the outside. So someone could Nick it if they want.

...moar pics needed

Cheers mate, im not trying to achieve the "stance" look its been purely set up to drive hard on & off track which it does very very well.

Good shout on the spoiler though!!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Cheers mate, im not trying to achieve the "stance" look its been purely set up to drive hard on & off track which it does very very well.

Good shout on the spoiler though!!

I should've said teetering between sitting perfect and too low.

I know your 'stance' has come from function rather than scene points. :)

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Going as low as possible doesn't necessarily mean best handling though.

I like how it sits, Maybe the front could go a smidgen higher but it looks pretty epic as it is. Proper aggressive looking!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
This will look hard as nails once the spoiler is on.

Not sure I'd want it that low on the road, but definitely looks like it means business!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Too low, throw that down a B road and it won't handle it at all.

Mine was lowered on kw'sand it still rubbed when in big dips/undulations. I reckon mine was 10-15 mm higher than that

Clio 200 cup
Too low, throw that down a B road and it won't handle it at all.

Mine was lowered on kw'sand it still rubbed when in big dips/undulations. I reckon mine was 10-15 mm higher than that

Ok mate .

Well I throw it down B roads everyday and it handles it absalotly fine, no rubbing at all! You sure you had suspention fitted or was it jelly?

Clio 200 cup
Thought i would update this as its been a while, not too much had happend really, camber has been added, full fat headlights with black inserts, and finally got myself a cup racer rear wing!

Attachments

• IMG_4981.JPG
    IMG_4981.JPG
    429.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5341.jpg
    IMG_5341.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 58