ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's Fiesta ST

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed also. Im 20 and im getting one. I dont see myself as a chav though. What i dont really see is them becoming that bad of a chav magnet, not atleast in the next 2 years anyway. Until prices come down.

17 year olds with 16k and the dollar to insure it. Find that hard to believe

Speaking of which, how much do you think this car is going to be worth in 3 years when i hand it back to ford?

Finance is a wonderful thing for those without the dollar, and insurance is quite reasonable considering they're rated as only 180bhp.

As for future value, I've no idea...I'm in for the long haul, bought the extended 5 year warranty and everything!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I've not seen many and the ones I've seen have been driven by older dudes. Granted, they've not been as ridiculously old as mark but certainly not young chavs.

I really like these but think I'll have to go down the focus st estate route due to my catholic background.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Finance is a wonderful thing for those without the dollar, and insurance is quite reasonable considering they're rated as only 180bhp.

As for future value, I've no idea...I'm in for the long haul, bought the extended 5 year warranty and everything!

You are right. Does all add up i guess. Fair play for being in it for the long haul, when 3 years are up i'll just consider my options

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I've not seen many and the ones I've seen have been driven by older dudes. Granted, they've not been as ridiculously old as mark but certainly not young chavs.

I really like these but think I'll have to go down the focus st estate route due to my catholic background.

You won't be disappointed!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
love them in black!
1378466_600570386652905_1684675464_n.jpg

Attachments

• 1378466_600570386652905_1684675464_n.jpg
    1378466_600570386652905_1684675464_n.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 85

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Did you have your cup for eight years or something? I was impressed by that commitment.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Saw one of these down at Jamsport the other day (the owners wifes car) and they've already upped the power.

Were you in titchfield village on friday night, think i saw this car by the queens head pub?

I'm looking at getting one of these in the new year, But Its proving a right pain in the arse to decide how to go about it! At work I can openly swap the car every 9 months and keep paying, or just pay up and keep it! Most people just swap after 9 months or a year, to save having to service it or change anything like tyres (as well as dodge mileage limits).

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
My lovely commute this morning claimed a part of my ST, grrrr...f***ing birds...

20131011_090630_zps1b6b240c.jpg

20131011_090642_zps3ae6f690.jpg

20131011_090653_zpse41e0d5e.jpg

20131011_090704_zps559f3506.jpg

Luckily there seems to be no damage to any panels or anything else...just the shell has come off with the glass...so it should be a simple fix I hope.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
50mph, straight out of the nearside hedgerow and into the mirror. Heard a massive Whack! and thought it had just collided with the windscreen/side window at first, looked in the rear-view at the explosion of feathers and saw the orange mirror cover go beneath the van following...then looked back at the mirror and saw what was left.

It doesn't seem to be a simple fix...a whole replacement unit and door dis-assembly required.

Ouch.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
50mph, straight out of the nearside hedgerow and into the mirror. Heard a massive Whack! and thought it had just collided with the windscreen/side window at first, looked in the rear-view at the explosion of feathers and saw the orange mirror cover go beneath the van following...then looked back at the mirror and saw what was left.

It doesn't seem to be a simple fix...a whole replacement unit and door dis-assembly required.

Ouch.

It's not a big job mate but the mirror won't be cheap.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks an easy fix. Just take that crimp off the shaft, unplug indicator and heated mirror and take it off.

fitting is the reversal of removal ;)

unlucky though mate, but it could be worse

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
So as if the mirror being swiped off is not enough, now my SYNC has stopped working with my iPod. Connects ok, says it's auto-indexing but never actually does so can't get anything out of it at all. I can connect it with a simple 3.5mm jack for now but that gives me no control and no voice options.

Grrrr.

Theres a software update been recently released for it apparently so it's off to the dealer for that as well.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
So as if the mirror being swiped off is not enough, now my SYNC has stopped working with my iPod. Connects ok, says it's auto-indexing but never actually does so can't get anything out of it at all. I can connect it with a simple 3.5mm jack for now but that gives me no control and no voice options.

Grrrr.

Theres a software update been recently released for it apparently so it's off to the dealer for that as well.

You download the software update from ford website on to a dongle and then plug in to your car yourself.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
What are people paying for these?

Which options are worth having?

Are the cloth or leather recaros needed.

Which colours are to avoid.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
What are people paying for these?

Which options are worth having?

Are the cloth or leather recaros needed.

Which colours are to avoid.

Discounts will likely dry up due to poor availability, even demo cars to drive as they are being sold without replacements (like my work has done, stupid decision IMO).

ST-2 is the one to have for "investment" terms and on Options (PCP) it's not much more wedge per month. Style pack (grey wheels, red calipers and illuminated scuff plates) is FOC at the moment but everything else is personal preference.

Half leather standard on ST-2 and no other option to upgrade to full.

Colour is personal preference, though white is flooding the market so may be a problem selling at a premium or making your own car stand out in years to come but as they look so much like a Zetec-S the Spirit Blue would be a wise choice along with Molten Orange to make it stand out as those colours aren't available on any other Fiesta.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Spirit Blue is still the colour for me. Instantly recognisable.

Black looks immense, great if you're not worried about swirls and bloody micro-marring pish!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Got it booked in this Friday to have a complete new mirror assembly fitted. Quite surprised that they come in at only £160 plus fitting...That's colour matched too.

Going to have them update the SYNC software while they're at it, hopefully restore my iPod connectivity.

Now I've had it for a few months, not having voice control is a pain!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
All done at the dealer yesterday. Mirror supplied and fitted, and SYNC system reset fixing my iPod connectivity problem. They didn't update the software after all as it's quite a lengthy task apparently and they didn't have time to complete it as it was too late in the day. No bother as I have no issues at all with the current version.

So that pesky bird cost me the grand total of £237.58.

Slide1_zpsc36c8e1a.jpg

Slide4_zpsce54aa37.jpg

Slide2_zps9691b1c3.jpg

Slide3_zps2053fcf5.jpg

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Interesting.

As a random comparison, I have done 8758 miles in my old 318i, spending £1886.95 costing on average £0.21 per mile to fuel at 30mpg.

Shows MPG's aren't the be all and end all. Your only saving 2p per mile at an average of over 35mpg? Now I realize that you have a performance vehicle but just as an exercise in comparing MPG it wouldn't be far fetched saying that a 40mpg car only saves you about 4p per mile.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Exactly Look at the share of the costs on the pie chart.

Saving a few percent on the fuel cost won't make a huge difference to the overall cost of ownership. It'll still be the biggest portion by far.

Depreciation/finance/hp/lease costs are the only thing you can reduce that actually make any kind of difference.

You're an authority on that Saner. ;)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
No not yet.

I did run insurance through a few sites last night as my renewal comes up in December.

Modified/Mountuned versus standard = an extra £20.

It'd be rude not to!