ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering

CLIO 1.2 16V MK2 EXPR
right, firstly apologies - i have trailed the 'search threads' and ended up more confused than when i started. :S

all i want is to lower the clio 30-60mm i drive thru losts of speed bumps so dont want it lowered too much. problem is i dont know where to begin. torsion bars, strut braces, coilovers, springs are all mentioned in these kinda threads so any help will be appreciated...

Your model has springs all round.
Springs are cheapest, but will not be as good ride quality as they are on standard dampers.
You can get just springs, suspension kits with springs + uprated dampers or coilovers.

I've gone for Apex 40mm springs, gives a nice drop and isnt that bad of a ride. They cost me £80.

Theres a set of coilovers available, the 'Rokkor(?)' set for about £160 on ebay.

CLIO 1.2 16V MK2 EXPR
Your model has springs all round.
Springs are cheapest, but will not be as good ride quality as they are on standard dampers.

so am i right in saying theres something i can turn near the springs and the car lowers?

dci1.5 look RS
apex is rock!!
best is eibach sportline springs and eibach b8 shocks.. this is the best setup if you want to lower 30mm and same ride confort..
hr springs are also a good choice..