ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers for a clio MK2 phase 1 1.2l 8v with a 52mm strut bolt spacing???

Clio mk2 Y reg
Owner of a little MK2 Phase 1 2001 Y reg Clio grande here, fitted with a whopping 1.2l 8v with an air box held on with cable ties . Bought a used set of 172 sport shocks, springs and 4 alloy wheels but have recently come to find the rear shocks have popped, obviously the fronts didn’t fit so just settled on the springs and rear shocks . Settled on purchasing a cheap set of coilovers for it mainly just to lower it as have no plans of track use at all but after spending the last 2 days looking about and measuring the bolt gap after reading through old forums, only to see i’ve got a 52mm strut brace bolt gap which seems to be scarcely available. Any ideas on where i might be able to find a cheap set? don’t want to start swapping knuckles, controls arms, discs and whatever else may come with it, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

(Photos attached as a reference of the car, 2001 Clio Grande)

Attachments

• IMG_5182.jpeg
    IMG_5182.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5365.jpeg
    IMG_5365.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5199.png
    IMG_5199.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 20

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
an afternoon after a trip to the scrappy is your best solution, i done it on my Grande,

move over to ph2 hubs and brakes, means you also go from solid front discs to 260mm vented!
PXL_20221220_130510558.jpg

Clio mk2 Y reg
an afternoon after a trip to the scrappy is your best solution, i done it on my Grande,

move over to ph2 hubs and brakes, means you also go from solid front discs to 260mm vented!
View attachment 1650030
what would need to actually be changed? assuming as discs are changing callipers and carriers will also have to be done? hoses aswell? same with the tie rods and ends and control arms will the standard ones fit or would they be phase 2 aswell? seems like the mounting positions ( in control arms atleast) change slightly looking at exploded part diagrams through work (work at a motor factors) - any idea roughly how much it cost ? only as i paid £250 for the motor and have probably dumped another £250 in repairs and servicing and would like to turn a profit when it comes to time to get rid of it lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
lower arms, subframe etc are all the same, as is the anti roll bar, track rods and track rod ends.

All you need is hubs, calipers and carriers, discs, pads, and shocks. probably £100 to do it at a guess?!

mine was a bit different as i bought a doner car as i was changing more than just the hubs lol
PXL_20221104_120249774.jpg

PXL_20230523_143324220.jpg

Clio mk2 Y reg
Fair play mate looking good , have had the idea of a spares or repairs donor but have to be the right price at the right time lol, gonna give a few scrappys a ring this afternoon n see where to go from there, thanks for all the help buh