ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering springs

Clio 182
I've just bought a new set of cup shocks and looking to buy a set of lowering springs and am wondering which to get! For road use mainly may do a track day sometime! Advice please

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
If you do a search they'll be loads of threads with opinions and suggestions.

Cooksports get good reviews and makes the car sit pretty nice.

AMAX 40mm (re-branded APEX) here on new shocks and they are perfectly fine for the road and also decent(ish) on track. People slate them saying they are to harsh for the road and you pay fro what you get blah, blah... I suffer from back pain down to a slipped disc and they haven't bothered me one bit even on rough B-roads and over them nasty squared off speed humps that I encounter when the car is used for work. The difference when changing from worn OE shocks and springs was night and day in comfort and handling, if these are the hardest/harshest springs for the 1*2 then I know I wouldn't get on with the others on the market as these have more than enough movement and if anything are a tad flumpish on track, saying that my car went around Oulton & Aintree 2s a lap quicker over the OE set-up so they cant be that bad.

£68 compared to the other established brands which are double the price, something to consider mate.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...ccd0fdffdab614c7958b92ea479949f757048b&000559

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I've gone from Apex to Eibach Sportlines with new shocks. Hard to tell if the main difference is the shock or springs, but there are a lot of speed humps around here and it's made my drive much more comfortable!

Clio 182
Ordered them from my local euro car parts. Only a couple of quid more than the best I found on eBay! Just got email saying my shocks will be here tomorrow too

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
They drop more at the front more so than the cooksports. At a guess 30ish front 25 rear ish

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_0101.JPG
IMG_0100.JPG

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ive always said the cooksports lower the rear perfectly for a lowering spring but the fronts looks too high.

@imprezaworks Yours looks to be the opposite!

So you need cooksport rears and h&r fronts :tongueout:

Maybe but face down ass up. Handles spot on for standard shocks and the springs

Clio 182
Yeah with 172 cup front shocks and 182 cup rear shocks took me a little over 3 hours to fit a bit of a pain tho