ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loudest Clio in the UK at the Moment

clio, nova sri, bmw e30
laura you got that spot on! other than u forgot to mention the fact dan r is an arrogant tosspot!

i really hope he replies and in future thinks about advice he gives and takes into account he never knows what group of much more intelligent car audio enthusiasts, retailers, importers and competetors may be watching!

Mk2 172
so basicly we hae come to the conclusion that Dan R works in a 2 bit dead audio shop in glos, he infact knows nothing,

i know some stuff about not alot, yet know alot of people that know alot,

so yeah The Joose's car is infact mint at what it does :p

Im sorry!!! I really think youd ALL better do a bit of research before you start slagging off the business i work for. Yes call BBG and Genesis and just ask them how good a business we are and how much experience weve got. I think youll be very very surprised!!!! 2 BIT DEAD AUDIO SHOP IN GLOS :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: YOUVE NO IDEA. i cant stop laughing here.

Mk2 172
hello to laura and half of TA!

funnily enough I happen to live in the same town as Dan R, I am also pretty much 100% certain I know exactly who he is.

In car HI FI in cheltenham? really? well I never, there is really no words to descibe the place.

I think your boss is living on another planet from what he says, looking at him I would say exactly the same.

unfortunately you chose the wrong person to argue with about audio when you chose joose, maybe your upset about your 'clio king' audio crown has just been removed or something? I advise you take joose up on his offer and get down to some of those events.... maybe even drop into T16, Ill give you a lift if you want.... actually na, my stereo is fine the way it is.

Do some F**KIN research on the company mate. I think youll take all that coment back when you do. Dont tell me youve got vibe halfrauds specials in your car!!! JOKER!!!

Mk2 172
bbg set up there own cars in house with the help of eddie farr and scene as genesis have only demo cars owned by privateers i doubt very much doubt they go to you for setup lol! however ill be sure to ask gordon who owns genesis when i see him next

the above info is false.

Strange that?!?!? Chris from BBG has just asked us to build his next personal demo car. So im guessing we must be a s**t business that knows nothing!!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
honestly mate stop!!!! im sure your boss would be delighted to know how his staff are behaving on a forum

Mk2 172
honestly mate stop!!!! im sure your boss would be delighted to know how his staff are behaving on a forum

im not behaving in any way. I just hate it when people all decide to gang up and say that the shop i work in is s**t! youd be the same.

Mk2 172
your attitude is deff s**t, and that reflects on the business you work for

I disagree. Nothing reflects on our business. we have a very good rep and do a very high standard of work and treat customers in an exceptional manner. Its a forum!!! its full of arguments etc etc. just close the thread now.

nissan :(
Dan R - i've been keeping an eye on this, and now feel I must post..
You appear to be representing a shop - which isnt far from me.
Your attitude on here is appaling - and that refelects on your shop.
I'll pop in at somepoint, say hello :)

Mk2 172
Dan R - i've been keeping an eye on this, and now feel I must post..
You appear to be representing a shop - which isnt far from me.
Your attitude on here is appaling - and that refelects on your shop.
I'll pop in at somepoint, say hello :)

Its got nothing to do with the shop. Im just saying what equipment is good and what sounds bad. Youll find that someone else decided to ask what i did for a job. I never mentioned it to begin with. yeah pop in.

nissan :(
but as an employee, you represent your shop.
Bad form chap :(

Equipment opinions are fine, but representing yourself as the be all and end all of car audio knowledge is pompous at best, and your constant foul language is childish...
whether you like it or not, this does all reflect on you and the company you work for.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
no its the fact you said that you knew more than the joose about audio
his car sounds rubbish, even tho it does what its designed to do extreemly well
plus many morre

don't leave me out!

I know the store very well, I have a question, :lolup:me!:lolup:me! me!

how many customers do you get in a day.

also I would hazard a wild out there guess and say your boss is also your dad, or at least your dad did own the shop at one point.

anothere question... who did you say distibutes genisis? they key here is who does.... not who did.

Which shop does Dan R work at in Glos?

Please, oh please don't tell me it's Sextons?!

EDIT: oooh, I know the place! I also think I know exactly who you are. :)

Last edited:
  vaux cavalier
hello to all,

read the entire thread, very informative and interesting....

unfortunately i come up with a similar conclusion to everyone else, 'Dan R' seems to be sprouting regurgitated secondhand information that he doesn't seem to understand himself....

this thread is now being watched by many of the true ICE gurus, do yourself a favour and stop digging yourself an ever deepening hole....

M3 E46
Hi, another TA'er here.

Haveing read the thread start to finish, I dont understand how any one can just pitch up and say X system sounds rubbish, without ever hearing it?
But again the point that this Dan chap still does not seem to get is, that Joose's system is a boomer and does what it says on the tin perfectly! in that it plays LOUD, CLEAR and LOW.
Its not a SQ system so dont judge it by that standard!

It's like an owner of Westfield telling someone that his vehicle is crap when its a Chieftain Tank!!

The saying is 'Horse for Courses'.

And DAN R you do not know more about Car Audio than Joose does period.
Your arrogance is off the scale!

Maybe Dan should come and share his obviously vast
knowledge and superior interlect with the rest of us know nothings on Talkaudio. Dan please consider sharing with the rest of us mear mortals. We could do with a laugh.

Wise up son.

:)

LOL! Pots and kettles!
Erm Laura does not work in the ice industry so I hardly think her comments on anything non work related would have any impact on the business. If however she was commented on something work related and of relivance to her boss that would be a whole different kettle of fish ;)

And MrJoose nice work on the clio thats an imressive amount of bass, more importantly a front end as capable as yours with keeping up with the bass is nothing to be sneezed at, how many dB is the front end capable of again?

clio, nova sri, bmw e30
i think he was close to 140 lol....more than anything dan is likely to have heard! i also love how dan couldnt actually question any of the "ta members" posts as he knows we are right and he;s dumb,,,

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

LOL! Pots and kettles!

if your talking about GDI dont and never have worked for them, im nothing more than a customer.

and i keep my opinions to myself and stay out of the politics... mostly because i dont have the knowlage to back up my arguments.... kinda like what Dan R should have done

LOL! Pots and kettles!
Erm Laura does not work in the ice industry so I hardly think her comments on anything non work related would have any impact on the business. If however she was commented on something work related and of relivance to her boss that would be a whole different kettle of fish ;)

And MrJoose nice work on the clio thats an imressive amount of bass, more importantly a front end as capable as yours with keeping up with the bass is nothing to be sneezed at, how many dB is the front end capable of again?

the front end on full rated power is close to 130DB on its own :lolup: 650wrms per door :D

I have read this thread from a rather strange outsiders point of view. I worked in the UK ice industry in the retail side as well as for BBG distribution for a couple of years as their marketing manager as well as having an avid interest in the products and styles and technical aspect and trying my hand at a few installs as well. Around four months ago I left the UK and moved to Dubai and thought it would distance me from the industry as a whole but actually it hasn't at all because I have been in touch with the distributors of a few brands out here and finding out what the UAE market is like. Indeed, Steve Turrisi from JL Audio will be over here in July and we are planning to head out for a beer!

My point in all of the above completely spurious crap is that even after moving out of the country, I have an affinity for an industry which i feel I owe several very cool experiences in my lifetime. Something which sadly Dan R you need to grow up and recognise - you are not an expert, you are a novice or intermediate salesman or installer at best who feels protected behind a shop door because of the brands and the distributors that back you. Even if you had the most applied knowledge in the industry i would tell you the same thing - because you have no propensity to accept that you might...just might...not be the most knowledgable person on this subject in the world.

I know Chris very well - I worked with him for two and a half years. In that time I have lost count of how many dealers he has trusted to work on not only his personal car, but the other BBG demo vehicles which may have belonged to Ben, Jon or any of the other car audio team. Heck I even sat with Chris many a night and helped him to tune a car or two myself. After that amount of time you know what I realised? The most knoweldgable and practiced people in that particular industry also carry a very distinct trait - a definite modicum of humility and respect, something which you lack in droves.

Sad state of affairs that your opinion and behaviour is a contributing factor in destroying the UK industry that you claim you know so much about. :(

Faz

for compo reasons fair play for having a stereo that loud!!
BUT how f***ing stupid do geezers look flying around with there
stereo blasting lol
Me and the lads always watch them go past look at each other and think
"w**kers theres just no need for it...
Stick earphones in so we dont have to hear your celine dion blasting

stereo blasting lol

We think the same most of us very respectfull in the way we operate our systems most of the big boomers sit in garage or units and only come out for shows or maybe at the odd cruise.

vaux cavalier
stereo blasting lol

doubt your actually seeing/hearing a competition car in that scenario mate, most, if not all competitors, boom with consideration,(out in the country where it affects no one), unlike clio, corsa pilots who believe they have the right to turn city centres and retail parks into night time race tracks,(there you go, another stereotype for you).....

stereo blasting lol

We think the same most of us very respectfull in the way we operate our systems most of the big boomers sit in garage or units and only come out for shows or maybe at the odd cruise.

as he said, most of the time one of these big boomers could drive right past you and you wouldent know as there not played at full tilt all the time

ibiza cupra
im impressed mate bet that cost you a fair bit do you have to insure it all if so i bet that aint cheap either

Clio 16v
WOW been away for the weekend and come back to all this - was going to do a massive multi quote but dont think I can be bothered - I think my point has been made without me needing to say anything!

Anyway - had some bad news about the Clio - a 2 page MOT fail so getting to work on that - May's competitions are all out of the window now should be back in June -

Oh - and CupSport - Everyone knows true bassheads only listen Dolly Parton not Celine Dion you NOOB!

Last edited: