ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loudest Clio in the UK at the Moment

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
at the end of the day Street bass was set up as a child to SPL for those that didnt want the SQ side of things but wanted a loud SPL system that didnt just play a single bass tone but played music too, its not about SQ its about volume and pushing sience to heel how loud is possible.

Clio 16v
And exactly when have i said u have to buy everything we sell!!!! There are quite a few brands that we dont do that i have highly recommended so dont accuse me of things that i havent even done. Im only giving genuine advice from one of the most highly regarded incar audio shop, retailer, installers in the country. Im more than happy to prove to you that what im saying is true and has meaning but ur more interested in trying to make me look like a c**t. I can assure you that if u were to pay our shop a visit then i cud absolutely GUARANTEE that u would walk away with the same thinking as we do. I just giving you proffesional knowledge but if you dont like it then thats up to you lot. I can bet that 95% of people have never heard what real hifi SHOULD sound like. If only u prove it to you. I dont want to argue with everyone on here, i just want to help people to understand!!!

as "one of the most highly regarded incar audio shop, retailer, installers in the country" You will know the distinction between a streetbass set up and an SQ one

Im not aiming for super High SQ - What I have aimed for is big bass with a front end that can keep up and I have that.

You comments about how your sure it will sound "w*nk" are not the comments I would expect from someone with "profefesional knowledge" who works for "one of the most highly regarded incar audio shop, retailer, installers in the country"

Try and keep up Dan - this is a boomer thats loud as hell and plays well across the sub bass frew range - and needs a front end that matches it which it has - SQ is not the aim but it certainly doesnt sound "w*nk"

Have you or the company you work for ever built a car that has been designed to compete in the db drag or bassrace competition formats?

As for your comment "Im more than happy to prove to you that what im saying is true" I know that my system sounds good, how on earth could you convice me otherwise....oh wait, i forgot your "one of the most highly regarded incar audio shop, retailer, installers in the country" arent you....that line might have worked for you in the past but it wont fly with people who actually know about car audio!

Clio 16v
What's your home setup like?

Must be worth £10,000s?

Show me a terrace house where you can boom at 150db and I will show you some noise abatement orders hehe

my home system is crap - home stereo doesnt interest me - weird I know

Hope you don't hit the dreaded brown note ;)...

16hz and 160dbs will easily evacuate your bowels - no one has done it yet - getting it loud that low needs ALOT of work and power

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
the toilets were a busy place at the euro finals in france 3 days of BARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR does funny things

Mk2 172
And exactly when have i said u have to buy everything we sell!!!! There are quite a few brands that we dont do that i have highly recommended so dont accuse me of things that i havent even done. Im only giving genuine advice from one of the most highly regarded incar audio shop, retailer, installers in the country. Im more than happy to prove to you that what im saying is true and has meaning but ur more interested in trying to make me look like a c**t. I can assure you that if u were to pay our shop a visit then i cud absolutely GUARANTEE that u would walk away with the same thinking as we do. I just giving you proffesional knowledge but if you dont like it then thats up to you lot. I can bet that 95% of people have never heard what real hifi SHOULD sound like. If only u prove it to you. I dont want to argue with everyone on here, i just want to help people to understand!!!

as "one of the most highly regarded incar audio shop, retailer, installers in the country" You will know the distinction between a streetbass set up and an SQ one

Im not aiming for super High SQ - What I have aimed for is big bass with a front end that can keep up and I have that.

You comments about how your sure it will sound "w*nk" are not the comments I would expect from someone with "profefesional knowledge" who works for "one of the most highly regarded incar audio shop, retailer, installers in the country"

Try and keep up Dan - this is a boomer thats loud as hell and plays well across the sub bass frew range - and needs a front end that matches it which it has - SQ is not the aim but it certainly doesnt sound "w*nk"

Have you or the company you work for ever built a car that has been designed to compete in the db drag or bassrace competition formats?

As for your comment "Im more than happy to prove to you that what im saying is true" I know that my system sounds good, how on earth could you convice me otherwise....oh wait, i forgot your "one of the most highly regarded incar audio shop, retailer, installers in the country" arent you....that line might have worked for you in the past but it wont fly with people who actually know about car audio!

I know more than you about car audio!!!!
If your good then u should be able to answer this correctly-
99% of the time,what causes a speaker to distort- too much power or too little???

Last edited:
  Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Dan just tries too piss on everyones bonfire, Despite working for a reletive no-one in car audio world.

Too little Power btw ;)

clio, nova sri, bmw e30
hi joose, i lurk everywhere lol

who said the nova was a boomer?? me thinks not, still a burper...

just for reference to everyone else, as mentioned on page 1 by mattjk, the gold nova - current uk spl record holder was bought by me)

laura, the nova isnt retired, far from it, just having lots of tlc.... major structural work had to be done..... its now in a uusable state again and will be at its first show (burning bournemouth) this sunday, before stripping it again to start on the cosmetic work :)

ps. joose 160db @ 16hz was done in a merc with a 42" sub driven by the propshaft on a mythbusters episode,, its over on roe

clio, nova sri, bmw e30
i know im a newbie here but dan r are you a total r****d! power makes no difference to distortion! its the signal between the headunit and amplifers (gain control) being set incorrectly which creates "clipping" or as amatures call it "distortion" fool

ps. i advise you do some research on the joose before questioning his knowledge as he happens to have the countries loudest extreme 2 car, countries loudest clio, devotes all of his time to audio and hangs out with every major bass head in the country as well as attending every audio show he can! me thinks he knows more than you and your amature post regarding distortion reflects this

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
comments like that are very much like me saying that its not possible to make a serious performance car that is useable on the road - I have no idea what im talking about so that would be a silly comment to make .

Its actually at 149.2db hehe and it does sound good - very good

This is a car for competitions and isnt a daily driver its for shows but it plays well at all volumes - great sound quality all the way up the volume range

feel free to come and listen - it will be at most big shows this year

but i would hold off on calling it FCKING USELESS until you have had a listen ok?

dude hes a scot, he hates everything apart from oily men and eye liner

Oily men like you?

Eyeliner...More likely to be Mascare or however you spell it you pellet!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Handbags down and umbrella's aside folks! :rasp:

thejoose /blackjack have you seen or heard the MTX Renault 19 16v from over here?

Mk2 172
i know im a newbie here but dan r are you a total r****d! power makes no difference to distortion! its the signal between the headunit and amplifers (gain control) being set incorrectly which creates "clipping" or as amatures call it "distortion" fool

yes ur right but i explained in the BASIC way so most would understand. And yes i do know exactly what clipping is and ur wrong. Power DOES effect it!!!! Thats clipping in the AMP not the speakers. adding more power will give the speakers more control.

Mk2 172

ps. i advise you do some research on the joose before questioning his knowledge as he happens to have the countries loudest extreme 2 car, countries loudest clio, devotes all of his time to audio and hangs out with every major bass head in the country as well as attending every audio show he can! me thinks he knows more than you and your amature post regarding distortion reflects this

he may have knowledge about the science side of hifi but he knows nothing about how a car SHOULD sound!!! Dont forget my boss judged IASCA for 6 years and even BBG and Genesis have there cars set up by us!!! Kind of says something doesnt it!!!!! ;)

178hp 172 Cup
there is another clio ( mk1 ) running just over 152db!! that is also runnin 2 18s in a ported sound wall!!

my show car runs 147db with 4 12s but the install was built for looks over anything else!!

i would agree if u want it loud then 18s are the way to go but for better sq u would b better with 12s or even 10s?? i hav heard some very loud systems running 18s but they never sound very good in regards to music quality!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
who are you to say how a car should sound????

we all no there is a huge difference betwen SQ and SPL set ups,
and well an SPL car SHOULD sound like the one above... it would be pretty rubbish..

ooo throw some names in there that will make you look cool wont it..
how about the thousands of pounds worth of equipment companys like DD, RE, OZ, US amps etc etc throw at sponsoring SPL cars...

i have no idea who you work for maybe you should enlighten me

S3, HD Nightster

he may have knowledge about the science side of hifi but he knows nothing about how a car SHOULD sound!!! Dont forget my boss judged IASCA for 6 years and even BBG and Genesis have there cars set up by us!!! Kind of says something doesnt it!!!!! ;)

Yeah it does say something, your boss should have a good idea of how a good setup sounds. Unfortunately it's not possible to obtain experience from smoking his pole!

clio, nova sri, bmw e30

i note how you neglected to do your homework.......

so who's your boss? bbg set up there own cars in house with the help of eddie farr and scene as genesis have only demo cars owned by privateers i doubt very much doubt they go to you for setup lol! however ill be sure to ask gordon who owns genesis when i see him next

as for power afects distortion dont be a dumbass, if tht was the case how is it i can put 38kwrms into a sub rated at 3kwrms... your dumb.. its just as easy to distort a sub / speakers by over powering as it is to underpowering

clio, nova sri, bmw e30
there is another clio ( mk1 ) running just over 152db!! that is also runnin 2 18s in a ported sound wall!!

my show car runs 147db with 4 12s but the install was built for looks over anything else!!

i would agree if u want it loud then 18s are the way to go but for better sq u would b better with 12s or even 10s?? i hav heard some very loud systems running 18s but they never sound very good in regards to music quality!!

where is this other clio? i only know one using 18's (the jooses)

as for 18's never have good sq, u need to get out more lol... 18's now hold more sq records in iasca than any other size sub

I haven't read the rest of this thread, just seen the whinging. Dan R - not sure if i know you, but if your boss is a judge, then tell him I say hi. Whether it be IASCA, dB Drag or any other format in the UK he will recognise my name :)

This car is a loud boomer, that plays especially well :) It's not aimed at the same market of people like SQ installs that companies do.

Regards

Gordon
(UK SPL Judge)

bbg set up there own cars in house with the help of eddie farr and scene as genesis have only demo cars owned by privateers i doubt very much doubt they go to you for setup lol! however ill be sure to ask gordon who owns genesis when i see him next

the above info is false.

G

where is this other clio? i only know one using 18's (the jooses)

as for 18's never have good sq, u need to get out more lol... 18's now hold more sq records in iasca than any other size sub

i think marky is talking about my old one which the joose now owns not every one is up to speed i have sold it lol

i tihnk Dan R is the apentice tea boy

clio, nova sri, bmw e30
hahaha, hi lozzy, fancy seeing you here....

zim; i stand corrected on the bbg setup its a guy named paul who does there system setup, eddie farr builds stands for them.. oh and i was correct on the fact of genesis only having privateer systems and none of there own demo cars hehe

finally one for the bag DAN R are you dan roebuck by any chance.... if so ive heard some stories about u... nice to see an amature trying to be clever and digging his own grave!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
cliosport welcomes over half of TA... the people that really know what they are on about

clio, nova sri, bmw e30
hehe... well loads of us own clio's so only seemed right for us to join up! i would like to add on behalf of the fellow TA members were not here to cause any problems, however as im sure you can appreciate we wont stand around and be told we dont know what were talking about when we dedicate most of our lives to audio ;)

hello to laura and half of TA!

funnily enough I happen to live in the same town as Dan R, I am also pretty much 100% certain I know exactly who he is.

In car HI FI in cheltenham? really? well I never, there is really no words to descibe the place.

I think your boss is living on another planet from what he says, looking at him I would say exactly the same.

unfortunately you chose the wrong person to argue with about audio when you chose joose, maybe your upset about your 'clio king' audio crown has just been removed or something? I advise you take joose up on his offer and get down to some of those events.... maybe even drop into T16, Ill give you a lift if you want.... actually na, my stereo is fine the way it is.

clio, nova sri, bmw e30
haha welcome yet another fellow ta member!

dan just been reading some of your other posts!

since when have people needed to spend 250 quid on components for awesome sound??,, thats news to 28000 people on TA not to mention your classic that a 5" speaker cant play below 70hz! ahh well im sure about 500+ different audio brands will update there speaker specifications and all rta mic;s will be recalled as a result of your statement! i could have sworn i peaked at 56hz with my 4x17cm components and no subs

clio, nova sri, bmw e30
spl has nothing to do with sound quality at all. its all about output. they sound dreadful in terms of sq. end of!

ill start the ball rolling with the slating on this statement, if anyone else cares to join or correct me feel free!

i should hope spl cars sound dreadful in terms of sq as they play a single tone for 3 seconds!

im sure you actually mean streetbass!

for example, stupidly loud sytems that play music? hmmm ok heres a lesson for you... just because something is loud doesnt mean it sounds bad.. the louder you get the more you need to take into account for example... more mids and more tweeters so the the mid range and trebble doesnt get drowned out from the bass.. then tune the sub boxes / wall to the frequency range for your desired music taste. then you "fiddle and play with settings" until your low end, mid range and top end crossover at the desired frequency range. then you start tweeking each area to your desired sound! as i see it volume doesnt really affect sq as much as you seem to think it does!

I think it somes from the general thought that at a 'certain' vollume all speakers will start to sound bad....
get decent enough tweeters and when the speakers ( tweeters) start sounding bad it actually sounds like your ears are what is doing the distorting not the speakers. EDIT: therefore people think that this is the limit of their ears reached.

however this is untrue ( in a way)as maybe one day people will see.

Hi another person from TA "Slutters"
Only realy joined to say this one thing:

626090126a4596638474b26870002l-1.gif

Thanks, that is all!

clio, nova sri, bmw e30
ive only experience "ear distortion" once myself and that was wierd as hell although not caused by car audio

teamwallit: glad to see you found a use for the pic ;)

clio, nova sri, bmw e30
damn true im sure dan would be proud of that!

ps. my ear distortion was caused by a screaming child! could feel my inner ear go wierd, tone changed and got a "wooshing" sensation

ive only experience "ear distortion" once myself and that was wierd as hell although not caused by car audio

yeah?! maybe I am dodgy then! most tweeters especially if I turn them up loud enough ( to the point of distortion) my eardrums sound like they are turning inside out... my point is though I know for a fact my ears are 'capable' of more if the vollume is undistorted. Maybe it is just the way that my ears pick up tweeter distortion.. it is pretty painful!

I was suggesting this as a reason maybe why people do not think that there is any point in having a loud system.

EDIT:
damn true im sure dan would be proud of that!

ps. my ear distortion was caused by a screaming child! could feel my inner ear go wierd, tone changed and got a "wooshing" sensation

yeah, that would be another way to describe it, similar in a way to having water suck in your ear after going swimming... kind of.

clio, nova sri, bmw e30
thats exactly it... was just thinking back, i had a set of pioneer 1700r components,, the tweeters were a killer and also caused ear distortion,,,, the sq was amazing though,

And rest...........

Well a good evening to you all.

Dan, i think you need to completely re-evaluate your knowledge and abilities, as to be honest i can tell you, that you seem to know very little.

Yes you may "think" it will sound "w*nk" as you so eloquently put it, and maybe you know more than matt about car audio (although i doubt it) i am fairly certain you know a hell of a lot less than me. So i will be very interested to see your responses to my post.

Firstly, there is a DISTINCT difference between a SPL car and a Streetbass car. Laura, while "sort of" right i think misses the point - since there have been car stereos, there have been boomers. In fact 95% of the sales i make are to boomers of one level or another, be it one 12 in a box with 500w up it, or up to the Astro Van i built with 15000 w RMS on 9 * 15" subs.......

SQ in a car is pretty much dull to listen to, not enough bottom end and, well, its not that much fun.

SPL competitions evolved from "mine is louder than yours", and now a whole scene and industry has evolved from that with people pushing the boundaried in whole new ways.....there are people out there doing 160db off 1 x 10" subwoofer in a car. That is twice, then twice again what matts clio does. But it cannot play music.

HOWEVER, boomers came from people building ever larger car stereos, and then walls happened from that. If you are a basshead then a wall is the ultimate aim. Now Matts car is not a home hi-fi, but as he says is more a pa system on wheels, and what it does it does well.

Now i note you mention distortion on subwoofers. As the audio guru you are, would you like to tell me what causes distortion on a moving coil loudspeaker?

No? Ok - it is the movement of the coil out of the magnetic gap therefore lowering the BL (motor force) product of the woofer. At this point the motor is not able to control the movement of the cone accurately and a distortion of the output waveform occurs.

This is a fact of life on all woofers, Adires XBL2 tech, as well as JL's tech in the W7, and Orions use of a cloned XBL2 in the H2's removed this - however these can sound a bit flat, and also lack the midbass due to the inductance needed by the larger gap in the lower excursion part of the woofers throw, where midbass occurs.

Now in a large ported enclosure with a large, therefore effecient and controlling, port with a high BL woofer such as the DD99, distortion is effectively removed because of the reduced excursion compared to a sealed underdamped enclosure (yes, sealed boxed allow the sub to move more as they damp the woofer LESS) and are more accurate as long as GD is kept in check at the design stage (group delay)

But you knew that, right?

You also knew that you can buy large, several K amps that will not clip easily............therefore do not "distrort" as you put it?

I have done several walled cars, am building one at the moment, and i am confident it will be one of the cleanest, clearest bassers there is!

Anyway - i would like to know your inputs fella..................any questions?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
so basicly we hae come to the conclusion that Dan R works in a 2 bit dead audio shop in glos, he infact knows nothing,

i know some stuff about not alot, yet know alot of people that know alot,

so yeah The Joose's car is infact mint at what it does :p