ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loudest Clio in the UK at the Moment

Clio 16v
Had a competition on sunday @ Phat Beats in Barnsley and my clio did 149.2db average for 30 seconds on Music

on a test tone it did 152db

That makes it the loudest clio in the country :) and it WILL be getting louder

LOVING IT!!

Here are a few Videos

th_DSCF1599.jpg

th_DSCF1598.jpg

Yes the sunroof is a mess (its covered in gutter sealant to stop the rain getting in) but thats what 150+ db does to a sunroof hehe

Sounds amazing to

Clio 16v
dont see any point in that, myself.

Fortunatly alot of folk do so we get some pretty good competitions going on - Its definitly an aquired taste but i love my music so its a natural thing to want it loud and sounding good

fukin hell, engine will probly rattle out or sumin, mental!

the roof and some external trim is all that rattles really, its well deadened

Haha, i love it!! :D

Just out of interest, what are u using to power it, power cap, battery wise??

It has 5 Energy Squadron 100ah batteries and a 100amp alt - it could use a bigger alt really but havnt been able to get one as yet. the subs are run from a 3kwrms sub amp each (there are 2 18" subs in the back)

As for capacitors, they are not needed in any install, ever waste of money and can but an extra load on your system that isnt needed. They do have the applications in some High end Sound quality installs but thats far beyond what anyone on the street would need

Mk1 Maxim Sport
wats the quality like though mate, it may be loud but is it clear? my 10 inch sub makes the roof rattle like that but the speakers are crystal clear so sounds mint. Wat speakers u got going?

Clio 16v
Thanks for that. Ive been pricing a Yellow tops up at the moment. The light dimmage is getting too much :eek:

Upgrading your batteries wont stop your lights dimming, the only way to stop that is to upgrade 'The Big Three' that means you uprate with larger cables the 3 main power connections in your engine bay.

The Alt to Battery Connection
The Battery to Chassis Connection
and the Engine to Chassis Connection

That will stop your lights dimming

wats the quality like though mate, it may be loud but is it clear? my 10 inch sub makes the roof rattle like that but the speakers are crystal clear so sounds mint. Wat speakers u got going?

The quality is fantastic - the front doors have 4 x 8" Eminence PA Mids and 3 x 1" Eminence Bulliet Tweeters in them EACH so they are LOUD

The subs are Digital Design 9917s and are Kevlar coned and will wobble your eyes out as well as play tighter than a mouses ear

N n n n nice! lol :)

Are you running her for SQ or SPL mate?

Its for Streetbass - very loud SQL SQ with lots of volume

Someone I know from my area has a nova which makes a tad over 170db it was the loudest in country I believe but recently he got beaten by someone. This was only a "burp" system mind.

Clio 16v
where did you get the 100A alternator from?

It was a recondition 70a but the birthsheet showed it was actually doing over 100a it was on the car when I got it

Someone I know from my area has a nova which makes a tad over 170db it was the loudest in country I believe but recently he got beaten by someone. This was only a "burp" system mind.

There is a guy down south in Weymouth who purchased the loudest car in the UK from a guy called Richard Wilson,Its a gold Nova, that did 171.something db last year. however the new owner has never ran it in competition and is still working on it and is turning it into a car that does music - should be finishing it this week actually.

But Rich W the previous owner of that car is the only guy to have burped it

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Ditto...

I love my music loud too! but at 148db it can't possibly sound good...Therefore it's a pointless test!

I would compare it to bein disabled from the waist down and having a 12inch c**k!

FCUKIN useless!

Clio 16v

Ditto...

I love my music loud too! but at 148db it can't possibly sound good...Therefore it's a pointless test!

I would compare it to bein disabled from the waist down and having a 12inch c**k!

FCUKIN useless!

comments like that are very much like me saying that its not possible to make a serious performance car that is useable on the road - I have no idea what im talking about so that would be a silly comment to make .

Its actually at 149.2db hehe and it does sound good - very good

This is a car for competitions and isnt a daily driver its for shows but it plays well at all volumes - great sound quality all the way up the volume range

feel free to come and listen - it will be at most big shows this year

but i would hold off on calling it FCKING USELESS until you have had a listen ok?

05 IO 182 cup
very LOUD matey !!! hats off to you for going for a good system that produces an output like yours !! would love to have a listen to a few of my tunes in there you would not get me out !!

had a nice system in my old calibra but pales into insignificance compared to yours - well done !!!

ps whats the name of the track in the second video - quality

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Ditto...

FCUKIN useless!

comments like that are very much like me saying that its not possible to make a serious performance car that is useable on the road - I have no idea what im talking about so that would be a silly comment to make .

This is a car for competitions and isnt a daily driver its for shows but it plays well at all volumes - great sound quality all the way up the volume range

but i would hold off on calling it FCKING USELESS until you have had a listen ok?

dude hes a scot, he hates everything apart from oily men and eye liner

Clio 16v
very LOUD matey !!! hats off to you for going for a good system that produces an output like yours !! would love to have a listen to a few of my tunes in there you would not get me out !!

had a nice system in my old calibra but pales into insignificance compared to yours - well done !!!

Find me at a show mate

Its Slam by Pendulum

Ditto...

FCUKIN useless!

Have to agree, I've got a sub and an amp in my car but only enough to give the bass a decent thump, anything more seems a total waste. Mate of mine had a high power system capable of seriously loud and deep bass and he was forever going round threadlocking and retorquing various nuts bolts and screws and it had split a load of the rigid bodysealant in the shell too.

05 IO 182 cup
Nice one matey - keep up the good work "More power lol"

runs off to youtube "pendulum"

Find me at a show mate

Its Slam by Pendulum

Got to ask, (without sounding like an arsehole, im genuinly interested) can you really tell the difference between this and your 'normal' install? Personally I dont think I could!

Was right into my ICE a couple of years back, upgraded all speakers, fancy head unit, sub etc, and loved it..

Mk2 172

spl has nothing to do with sound quality at all. its all about output. they sound dreadful in terms of sq. end of!

Mk2 172
Ditto...

FCUKIN useless!

let me know what show its at mate cos ill come along. I can guarantee that it will sound w**k in the sq department!!! maybe good at loud but thats it!!!

Clio 16v
spl has nothing to do with sound quality at all. its all about output. they sound dreadful in terms of sq. end of!

Its a good job it isnt an SPL car then isnt it Dan

Its a Streetbasser

let me know what show its at mate cos ill come along. I can guarantee that it will sound w**k in the sq department!!! maybe good at loud but thats it!!!

It cant compete with the big SQ guys who spend hours tweaking and tuning and i dont , but its very listenable - its pretty much a mobile PA front end with a great sub - Massive motor force and a light as f**k kevlar cone

But I guess the only way that you would think it was any good Dan I would have had to have purchased everything for your shop huh

It has Class A/B amplification for the front end and high spec Eminence 8" Mids and Tweeters - the sort of stuff that is in Club sound systems

Lol Dan you talk so much sh*t its unreal.

I have been trying to be nice to the Man but Peprami you are right - if he deosnt stock it it sounds pants

Dan - I will be at these showa

Modified Nationals - Peterborough Showground May 24th 25th

Performance Vauxhall - Santa Pod Raceway June 8th

Loudoun Castle - Scotland June 15th

GTi International - Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground June 21st 22nd

ICE T16 - Oxford July 19th

Bass Junkies - Wolverhampton July 20th

Mega-Watt - Runcorn July 27th

AutoTuner show - Brandshatch August 10th

Source Sounds - Sheffield Aug 23rd 24th

Trax 2008 - Silverstone September 7th

Modded UK (UK Finals) - Kent September 19th - 21st

The Original DONNY Show - Doncaster Racecourse September 27th - 28th

My car is a boomer that sounds good - probably best to to listen to it before passing judgment though dont you think

Last edited:
  Clio 16v
Got to ask, (without sounding like an arsehole, im genuinly interested) can you really tell the difference between this and your 'normal' install? Personally I dont think I could!

Was right into my ICE a couple of years back, upgraded all speakers, fancy head unit, sub etc, and loved it..

Oh yes

imagine your install about 7 times louder and thats this - and ignore what Dan says it does retain the quality when it gets louder

Mk2 172
Its a good job it isnt an SPL car then isnt it Dan

Its a Streetbasser

It cant compete with the big SQ guys who spend hours tweaking and tuning and i dont , but its very listenable - its pretty much a mobile PA front end with a great sub - Massive motor force and a light as f**k kevlar cone

But I guess the only way that you would think it was any good Dan I would have had to have purchased everything for your shop huh

It has Class A/B amplification for the front end and high spec Eminence 8" Mids and Tweeters - the sort of stuff that is in Club sound systems

Lol Dan you talk so much sh*t its unreal.

I have been trying to be nice to the Man but Peprami you are right - if he deosnt stock it it sounds pants

Dan - I will be at these showa

Modified Nationals - Peterborough Showground May 24th 25th

Performance Vauxhall - Santa Pod Raceway June 8th

Loudoun Castle - Scotland June 15th

GTi International - Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground June 21st 22nd

ICE T16 - Oxford July 19th

Bass Junkies - Wolverhampton July 20th

Mega-Watt - Runcorn July 27th

AutoTuner show - Brandshatch August 10th

Source Sounds - Sheffield Aug 23rd 24th

Trax 2008 - Silverstone September 7th

Modded UK (UK Finals) - Kent September 19th - 21st

The Original DONNY Show - Doncaster Racecourse September 27th - 28th

My car is a boomer that sounds good - probably best to to listen to it before passing judgment though dont you think

And exactly when have i said u have to buy everything we sell!!!! There are quite a few brands that we dont do that i have highly recommended so dont accuse me of things that i havent even done. Im only giving genuine advice from one of the most highly regarded incar audio shop, retailer, installers in the country. Im more than happy to prove to you that what im saying is true and has meaning but ur more interested in trying to make me look like a c**t. I can assure you that if u were to pay our shop a visit then i cud absolutely GUARANTEE that u would walk away with the same thinking as we do. I just giving you proffesional knowledge but if you dont like it then thats up to you lot. I can bet that 95% of people have never heard what real hifi SHOULD sound like. If only u prove it to you. I dont want to argue with everyone on here, i just want to help people to understand!!!