ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking to buy Clio sport, SERV light on ?

Trophy 373
When viewing a Clio sport this morning one thing I pointed out to the owner was the serv light being on. He said when he took it to a garage to find out what was wrong they said it just needed to be reset etc. This car is on just over 36k and has not had the aux belt done yet, would this be why it is on ? Or are there any more serious things that it could be ?

Trophy 373
Oh i thought it might come on once it was due a service. Is there anywhere I can see all possible causes of this light coming on ?

RB 182
yeah my serv light came on, checked the oil! it was LOW!!!! lol filled it up and it went off , so agree with schweppy it could just be that, but then it could be a numerous things.

Trophy 373
Okay when I asked for an explanation I was told when he replaced the rear discs he cracked an abs ring and that's why the light is on. Would it come on if that was the case ?

182 (Conversion)
Mine always has serv on but as it's a somewhat of a frankenstein car (no ABS, PAS, TC yardy yady) I'm not worried.

As far as I know you can't reset them and they won't go off unless ecu throwing a fault - which can be diagnosed.