ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lancer Evolution Appreciation Thread

Evo 5 RS
Thinking about taking mine to Auto Torque and getting all the underseal stripped back and checked over, but it's expensive. I'm at the stage now where I just want to drive it. No reason to assume the worst and nothing looks ominous, just the anal part of me clawing away at my sensibilities.

Does need the cobwebs blown off it, though. Not seen it since October. Will aim to get it out for MOT in March.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Thinking about taking mine to Auto Torque and getting all the underseal stripped back and checked over, but it's expensive. I'm at the stage now where I just want to drive it. No reason to assume the worst and nothing looks ominous, just the anal part of me clawing away at my sensibilities.

Does need the cobwebs blown off it, though. Not seen it since October. Will aim to get it out for MOT in March.

Part of me thinks this. But then the other half says just enjoy until it becomes a problem, fixing it now or fixing it when it’s rotten through still has the same end result.

Mine needs a new water pump pulley, before I take it for the first td of this year at Silverstone in a couple of weeks.

Rb 182
Started. Turned round. Parked up.

That's the Evo life.

Attachments

• IMG_3803.JPG
    IMG_3803.JPG
    654 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3804.JPG
    IMG_3804.JPG
    957.3 KB · Views: 89
  Evo 5 RS
Started. Turned round. Parked up.

That's the Evo life.
lol, knows. I do want to give mine a run next month. Roads are still s**t, though.

Part of me thinks this. But then the other half says just enjoy until it becomes a problem, fixing it now or fixing it when it’s rotten through still has the same end result.

Mine needs a new water pump pulley, before I take it for the first td of this year at Silverstone in a couple of weeks.

Yeah, even if there was bits that could do with work, then what? Spend a fortune...I guess if you have to question it, it's not worth it. Going to enjoy it this year when the weather turns. Treat it to a minor service whilst it's at the MOT, and look at getting the wheels refurbed. That's it for now.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
lol, knows. I do want to give mine a run next month. Roads are still s**t, though.

Yeah, even if there was bits that could do with work, then what? Spend a fortune...I guess if you have to question it, it's not worth it. Going to enjoy it this year when the weather turns. Treat it to a minor service whilst it's at the MOT, and look at getting the wheels refurbed. That's it for now.

Same, I’ll do a few TDs this side of July. And treat the Rays to a gun metal refurb to match the Team Dynamics.

A bit more power would be nice, but that is one slippery fecking slope.

Evo 5 RS
Same, I’ll do a few TDs this side of July. And treat the Rays to a gun metal refurb to match the Team Dynamics.

A bit more power would be nice, but that is one slippery fecking slope.

No more on the power front for me. I may look at rods towards the end of the year just for some piece of mind, but honestly, I'm more than happy where the car is now power wise. Spools nice and quick now.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
No more on the power front for me. I may look at rods towards the end of the year just for some piece of mind, but honestly, I'm more than happy where the car is now power wise. Spools nice and quick now.
I've got a wish list for mine that would be before any power increase, but all depends how long I'll keep it.

• RS diff setup and TME steering rack
  • AP BBK all round
  • Recaro SR buckets and low seat rails
  • Respray and underneath resto
That little lot will probably be about 15k, sadly.

Evo 5 RS
Evo pussies. [emoji16]
Says you. Hope yours hasn't lost it's blanky in the cold :tongueout:
A rally car that you can't use when it would be ideal for the weather 😂:down:
Not sure what country you live in, but where I'm from there's not enough room to go straight let alone side ways lol.

If I had the money to get another one that I wouldn't mind turning into raw tetanus, I would

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Says you. Hope yours hasn't lost it's blanky in the cold :tongueout:

Not sure what country you live in, but where I'm from there's not enough room to go straight let alone side ways lol.

If I had the money to get another one that I wouldn't mind turning into raw tetanus, I would
No, both where still on when I gave it a kiss good bye at 5am.

Evo 5 RS
Fcuk the neighbors.

Tbh the carcoon fans are only 12v so run very quite.

In truth, I've not heard the outdoor ones. The ones that run at the place I store my car are loud enough to annoy a few busybodies but not sure what they are. And no my cars not in one, wouldn't go that far. Would look funny as f**k in one next to a 2.5 million quid Mercedes lol.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Popped over to Torque GT for something today, so much car p**n there.

Had a lovely Tommi Mak in, prices for low miles and original ones are going nuts.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Popped over to Torque GT for something today, so much car p**n there.

Had a lovely Tommi Mak in, prices for low miles and original ones are going nuts.
It's a nice place they have too, when I collected mine they didn't have alot in but from some pictures I've seen the place is banged out with cars.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it’s better than their old place, got to see some lovely stuff there, an nsx with 20k km on the clock and a last of the line jade nur spec r34. Made me feel poor :)

Got to pop back up today to drop something off so will try and not end up buying something!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yeah it’s better than their old place, got to see some lovely stuff there, an nsx with 20k km on the clock and a last of the line jade nur spec r34. Made me feel poor :)

Got to pop back up today to drop something off so will try and not end up buying something!
Buy the R34, sounds like a nice car. [emoji16]

Evo 5 RS
lol, R34s are top money now. They're awesome, but not without their own problems, too. Gearboxes, much like the 200SX are known for syncros for example.

Not that it would put me off if I had the money, but I've had enough chocolate box cars to last me several lifetimes.

Evo 5 RS
Spec maybe but not the condition, at least not now :smiley:

Bet the diff bolts are a bit rusty and all sorts of unsavoury bits :p

Evo 5 RS
They had a nice VIII 260 in red in that's been well looked after. Want top money for it though and it's no MR

If I wanted to source another car I'd definitely go to those guys, though

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
They had a nice VIII 260 in red in that's been well looked after. Want top money for it though and it's no MR

If I wanted to source another car I'd definitely go to those guys, though
Check out @TorqueGT’s Tweet:

This has just popped up on twitter. [emoji41][emoji7][emoji7]

Evo 5 RS
Phuuuuuuck. That'd be my perfect spec. Bayside blue is awesome.

Knew a chap who had his R33 sprayed in it, and it looked s**t lol. Only works on these <3

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Had a v-spec 2 in bayside blue when I was up there this afternoon, just lovely.

And not one but two Spirit R RX7s :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Had a v-spec 2 in bayside blue when I was up there this afternoon, just lovely.

And not one but two Spirit R RX7s :smile:

What is this foolery that you speak of? Two Spirit R's?!

I take it one was the that at £30k that they made the video of alongside the R34 V-Spec II nur? The bloke in that video hit the nail on the head - there was so much choice back then. Traditional inline-4. Flat-4. Straight six. V6. Rotaries *nnnngh* - coupled with various N/A or turbo'd feeds. It was a great era for cars.

Evo 5 RS
Come on weather. Thinking about getting the shed out for it's MOT next week. Just bought some new bolts for the bulkhead / front panel to tidy things up some more, too.

Next up, wheel refurb and possibly some new AD08s all round

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Melting snow must’ve washed a load away, and mild temps up until the weekend should mean no more salt. He says.

I need to get my exhaust looked at before I go near a track again. After 10 years of spitting and flaming I don’t think there’s anything left in the silencers.