ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lancer Evolution Appreciation Thread

Countryman JCW
Makes perfect sense mate, I couldn't use the Impreza everyday it would annoy me and cost me a fortune.
I'm the same as you mate, I work 24miles each way and I sit on an A road into London. There is no fun what so ever doing that so I just drive my old van which I'm not to fussed about racking up the miles etc...

Oh and a exhaust vid of mine should you decide to come over to the dark side..[emoji23]

Sounds awesome, but.... ive said it before, and i'll say it again. You cant have a subaru without the boxxer burble, its just wrong :tonguewink:

Countryman JCW
So... off she went to her new owner on Sunday. I got in it on the Saturday night to move it on the drive ready for its collection the following morning and thought to myself, "should i really be selling this"... but as said, needs must. I have no doubt i'll own another in the future, but think i'll be going back to a 5/6 if i do, they just feel more special to drive.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds awesome, but.... ive said it before, and i'll say it again. You cant have a subaru without the boxxer burble, its just wrong :tonguewink:
Actually if you have proper equal-length headers, I believe the burble goes away!

So... off she went to her new owner on Sunday. I got in it on the Saturday night to move it on the drive ready for its collection the following morning and thought to myself, "should i really be selling this"... but as said, needs must. I have no doubt i'll own another in the future, but think i'll be going back to a 5/6 if i do, they just feel more special to drive.
Smart-move. :up:

I think mine's tucked up now, gritters were out friday night. :down:

Countryman JCW
Actually if you have proper equal-length headers, I believe the burble goes away!

Yep, equal length headers does remove the sound... pretty sure thats why Scott's wouldnt make the burble anymore.

I always imagined the Evo 8/9 would be the perfect daily, but unfortunately that just wasn't the case for me. Might be me getting old, i don't know, but it just wasn't ideal in the end, so now onto something more relaxing to drive and family orientated.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Yep, equal length headers does remove the sound... pretty sure thats why Scott's wouldnt make the burble anymore.

I always imagined the Evo 8/9 would be the perfect daily, but unfortunately that just wasn't the case for me. Might be me getting old, i don't know, but it just wasn't ideal in the end, so now onto something more relaxing to drive and family orientated.
Yes chaps, the spec c left the factory with ELH but car is fitted with after market tubular headers.

Evo 5 RS
Makes perfect sense mate, I couldn't use the Impreza everyday it would annoy me and cost me a fortune.
I'm the same as you mate, I work 24miles each way and I sit on an A road into London. There is no fun what so ever doing that so I just drive my old van which I'm not to fussed about racking up the miles etc...
Doesn't do the car any good, either. Doing that every day I mean
As much as i loved it, it was just wasted on me.

I drive 20 miles each way to work and back in it, 5 days a week at 50mph, down a very long boring A road usually in back to back traffic. Was costing a lot of money to be used just for a commuter car. In an ideal world i'd keep it as a 2nd car, but i just wouldn't drive it then.

Whats next... i literally have no idea. I still dont feel like i ever replaced the Golf properly, and fancy something new again. I drove one of the new Range Rover P-HEV's at work yesterday and its turned my attention back to an I3 (dont laugh) to use purely for commuting to work and back. Then with the money id save on fuel etc, maybe get myself something else, should the itch need to be scratched. There's still a big want for something posing a Subaru badge inside of me that i need to satisfy at some point in the future.

Yeah, makes sense dude. Needs must, you've got more will power than me. I can't bring myself to do it lol. It's not a good daily car, at all. And honestly, it kind of takes the sting out of owning one. You become numb to it all. It's far better firing it up for the first time in ages and remembering why they're such great cars.

Countryman JCW
Yeah, very well put, agree with that entirely!

Defo going to need another car for fun now though... mate of mine just got himself a stripped 182 and did a track day in it at the weekend... bit jealous and tempted to have a look for my 6th clio now! Although, there is a very low mileage saxo VTS for sale on ebay at the mo, one owner, looks ideal for a track car!
Doesn't do the car any good, either. Doing that every day I mean

Yeah, makes sense dude. Needs must, you've got more will power than me. I can't bring myself to do it lol. It's not a good daily car, at all. And honestly, it kind of takes the sting out of owning one. You become numb to it all. It's far better firing it up for the first time in ages and remembering why they're such great cars.

Evo 8 MR
39041172022_ddf654008c_b.jpg
20171107_153803_copy by Steven Ayre, on Flickr

Countryman JCW
Sad to see mate, but if mine is anything to go by, it wont hang around long. Great advert, great pics making it very apparent that its a minter. Best of luck mate !
Also, not sure how good it is as i didnt bother to advertise mine there, but if you dont have any luck with piston heads, get it on Ebay. I put mine on and it sold in a week. Mate of mine who has sold a lot of cars told me to put it on there first, and he was right.

Evo 5 RS
Sad to see mate, but if mine is anything to go by, it wont hang around long. Great advert, great pics making it very apparent that its a minter. Best of luck mate !
Also, not sure how good it is as i didnt bother to advertise mine there, but if you dont have any luck with piston heads, get it on Ebay. I put mine on and it sold in a week. Mate of mine who has sold a lot of cars told me to put it on there first, and he was right.
Thanks mate. I will have a look at eBay. Just feels wrong for some reason. Couldn't tell you why! :/

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yeah had a bloke lined up to get it picked up, he didn't even mind without the MOT but I couldn't go through with it, so keeping it for another year lol. Took the for sale add down last month
It's not like it's going to loose any money, even if you do come to sell it next year.

Be nice to get some use out of the turbo etc mate.

Evo 5 RS
lol, I know. It's a different car with it on and it's not through falling out of love with it. Just sick of the lack of winter use. Seen a few online recently that are utterly rotton, 9s too so not that old. They just disolve if not treated.

Evo 5 RS
Yeah saw that on MLR. That car is fucked. Prolly been up north. That's why mines still tucked up. Do need to take it for a run soon, though.