ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kyles Clio 172 Cup Project

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
After previously owning a BG 182 for 3 years ive been through a couple of french hatches including a citroen saxo VTS and a peugeot 106 GTI so i always had the bug for another Renaultsport Clio so in march this year i went and brought a very clean 172 cup with 48500 on the clock and i paid £2850 for her after finally finding a low mileage very clean example of a lad called nick who only sold the car because he moved to america i brought the car in completly standars form

so i decided to pump a few £££'s into her...She is now running 195.8 BHP and 174 LBS of Torque after having 438's fitted last week at K-Tec Racing
Mods so far are

KTR Recessed exhaust with decat
Matched inlets
KTR 2 RS induction kit
Cat cams 438's
Custom KTR Pop and bang Remap
Eibach Sportline Pro Springs

plans for the winter include

Fully Polybush suspension
Whiteline ARB
Alloys Refirbed and resprayed anthracite
KTR solid top mounts
Recaro Trendlines

so im going to post a few pics of her from march up until now

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
The car in standard form when i brought her
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354818405.714659.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354818425.721945.jpg

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Car looking good so far mate and some subtle mods too although...

That caliper looks fishy to mee... :/

Goes to look at own car...

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Caliper carrier doesnt look right? (upside down)?

As above, nice subtle mods :)

What you got planned next then Kyle? Tax?!! :rasp:

Oh s**t it is aswell haha ill sort that but shes away now for the winter
Next will be top mounts and polybushes/Dogbone

Hope your all good mark :)

Clio
Looks great! Really good selection of mods for a road car...I think the interior would be the next port of call for me.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Ill do em when i take the wheels of for refirb lol

Erm i defo want some Recaros for her mate and who done ya steering wheel retrim mark? Im probs going to get that done aswell :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Looks great! Really good selection of mods for a road car...I think the interior would be the next port of call for me.

Cheers Ryan :)

Recaros are on the list for interior im tempted to Rip the back seats out aswell i done that in my old 182 the back seats have been in the loft for 3 years lol back ends twitchy thou with the seats out :-(

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Snappy on here mate. Charged me £160 via exchange basis on any colour you want :)

Trendlines do seem to hold there value, although the evo/accord ones seem to fetch for less.

Plus if you take the seats out you can smell the decat more. Mmmm decat fumes :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Nice 1 mark ill get it done 1 day
Hmmmm i love the smell of the fumes haha a no a few people have put evo ones in but im not that keen on them theres a set on ebay now i wish i had the money

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Yeah it pulls really well lads mid range is better the engine feels more alive with the cams :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Cheers mark ill get it sorted after the new year ill get a pal of mine to take the wheel off for me as im useless haha i like the sabelt but i dont want all the airbag issues and stuff

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Its easy to take off the old wheel.

Disconnect battery and leave for 20 mins,
Twist steering 90 degrees left or right and unclip the clip on the back of the airbag with a flat ended screwdriver,
Twist wheel 180 in opposite direction and do the same to the other clip,
Remove wires off rear of airbag once loose,
Take T50 torx bit to the center of wheel and undo,
Done :)

clio 172 phase 2
Hardly air bag issues mate just a light on the dash . Which can be turned off for pennies . Fitting a smaller wheel was the best mod ive ever done you get a much better feel with the steering it honestly does dude

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Its easy to take off the old wheel.

Disconnect battery and leave for 20 mins,
Twist steering 90 degrees left or right and unclip the clip on the back of the airbag with a flat ended screwdriver,
Twist wheel 180 in opposite direction and do the same to the other clip,
Remove wires off rear of airbag once loose,
Take T50 torx bit to the center of wheel and undo,
Done :)

You are a star mark :) ill get round to it soon ill get my mate to take it off as im s**t and i ant got the tools haha