ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kyles Clio 172 Cup Project

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
A few more pics of the cup :)

e3ehahyj.jpg

pe9uhy2u.jpg

esapuhez.jpg

172 Cup
Is that a ktec recessed exhausted?

Car looks nice mate. I fitted Cooksport springs & new shocks all round 3weeks ago. A lot nicer than the ktec coilovers I had before.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
That looks smart I like the yellow details. :)

Cheers bud, yeah im glad the yellow touches have gone nicely im well happy with how its looking. Ive still got to fit my wind deflectors yet lol, its been sitting on the drive since end of november so i can pump a few quid into her

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Is that a ktec recessed exhausted?

Car looks nice mate. I fitted Cooksport springs & new shocks all round 3weeks ago. A lot nicer than the ktec coilovers I had before.

Cheers mate, yeah its a KTR Recessed sport ( Silenced version ) but its decatted, yeah the cooksports are really highly rated, im very happy with them, i previously had eibach prolines which have done about 50 miles but i wanted more of a drop and im going to remove the back seats once shes back on the road end of april :)

172 Cup
What is the exhaust like? I gada stealth which I got rid of due to the horrible droning noise when I was on the motorway. I've got a Prospeed recessed backbox but it shows too much of the backbox itself and I want something like the ktec.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
What is the exhaust like? I gada stealth which I got rid of due to the horrible droning noise when I was on the motorway. I've got a Prospeed recessed backbox but it shows too much of the backbox itself and I want something like the ktec.

Yeah its spot on chris even with the decat the noise is subtle, i hear much more induction noise, the prospeed i hear is good, the K-Tec sits lovely and flush with the bumper and dont stick out hardly like other exhausts

172 Cup
Brilliant. Think I'll be buying just the backbox because I kept the centre section. I had the ktec induction kit but should it because I only drive the car on the weekends. I do miss that noise tho :) you just need Trophy spoiler now ;)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Brilliant. Think I'll be buying just the backbox because I kept the centre section. I had the ktec induction kit but should it because I only drive the car on the weekends. I do miss that noise tho :) you just need Trophy spoiler now ;)

Yeah they will sell u the backbox bud it will probs be about £150 though, same here chris i only use it weekends but saying that, ive owned the car a year now and ive only done 1000 miles in her lol

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
No problem Kyle, I do love you exhaust is it from k-tec? I am after a 172 cup next! ;)

Yeah nath its from K-Tec, go for it there great fun, well when i drive it haha
But make sure if u get one, take the time to find the right one for you :)

Clio & Mini
Yeah nath its from K-Tec, go for it there great fun, well when i drive it haha
But make sure if u get one, take the time to find the right one for you :)
Yeah I always do, but you know me, I will only have it 4 months and sell it aha :race:

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Yeah I always do, but you know me, I will only have it 4 months and sell it aha :race:

Haha do u get bored with cars quick then? Ull love the sports nath they are bang for buck the best car out there

Let me no how ya get on getting one. Go for a nice low mileage example, theres a lot of sheds out there

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
New little addition
Powerflex twisted dogbone mount

u5ugupev.jpg

And some infinity door speakers aswell also

9uqasaju.jpg

Last edited:
  172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Kyle, have you tried Greenlight insurance in here? There bloody good! £500 deposit seems a lot.

Yeah i need 1 years NCD mark which i aint got :-(

Brentacre gave me the best quote, i have 11 points on my licence and a crash from 4 years ago so my insurance is over 2k :-(

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
And chances are you will buy them! lol

The chances of that happening mark are extreamly high haha. I just need to get my mrs to join in the fun like your mrs does with your beaut

Shes coming round thou is the woman, ive got her right into BTCC. She loves it and is looking at merchandise clothing for races but shes gotta wait till her favourite team WSR ebay motors finally bring it out lol

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Just a little update on my spec so far

Engine

KTR Recessed Exhaust Decatted
KTR RS 2 Induction kit
CNC matched inlets top & bottom
438 Cat Cams & Custom pop & bang map
Magnecor comp ignition leads
(195.8 BHP)

Brakes & suspension

Cooksport springs
Powerflex dogbone mount
Brembo max discs
Ferodo Ds 2500 pads
Painted calipers (yellow)
Ate super racing blue brake fluid D4

Styling

Mazda 3 MPS aerial
Refirbed turinis in anthracite
Team heko wind deflectors
Anthracite & yellow 2.0 door bullets done by simon @ SS
197 Boot badge
And ultra blue headlight bulbs with white led sidelights & mist washer jets
And infinity refrence door speakers

Ive probably missed something off lol

Wanted list
KTR solid top mounts
Refirbed steering wheel
Whiteline ARB
Pioneer stereo

Then project cup will be complete :)

Fiesta ST3
Car looks great!

Very similar to my cup style wise.

I had my wheel done by snappy on here, hes awesome:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365613598.896044.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365613616.044419.jpg

Are you still thinking of treadlines? Ive always wanted some, got 182 seats atm.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Car looks great!

Very similar to my cup style wise.

I had my wheel done by snappy on here, hes awesome:

View attachment 95992

View attachment 95993

Are you still thinking of treadlines? Ive always wanted some, got 182 seats atm.

Cheers bud

His work is bloody brilliant ive just brought a wheel of ebay for £30 im gonna send it to snappy end of may

I would love trendlines but the mrs would fooking kill me haha

Your steering wheel looks immense i cant wait to get mine done :)