ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kyles Clio 172 Cup Project

Bill i no its a long way for u to come but get on the chelmsford meet its gonna be hooooooge

So gutted I missed out on the Essex meet, got back from dymchurch way too late!

I'm keeping an eye on the Chelmsford thread, it's very tempting! Ill see how my plans are closer to the time, as it stands I'm game ;-)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
So gutted I missed out on the Essex meet, got back from dymchurch way too late!

I'm keeping an eye on the Chelmsford thread, it's very tempting! Ill see how my plans are closer to the time, as it stands I'm game ;-)

Thats ok dude, a few people blew it out but it was still a solid turnout

The chelmo one is a must and my cup will be there hehe ;-)

Thats ok dude, a few people blew it out but it was still a solid turnout

The chelmo one is a must and my cup will be there hehe ;-)

I was beginning to think your cup didnt exist :p I may see you there then! I know I'm starting work for Institution of Cancer Research in June (big woooop!) but hopefully ill be free!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I was beginning to think your cup didnt exist :p I may see you there then! I know I'm starting work for Institution of Cancer Research in June (big woooop!) but hopefully ill be free!

Haha everyone thinks that lol ill prove to em it does exist lool

Sounds gd mate, hopefully ull be free :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Back on the road at last :-D

a3yqehep.jpg

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Just a small update on project cup peeps. I painted the top of the engine today. Going to do the cambelt cover black very soon

he4udude.jpg

babupy9u.jpg

utaqu3ag.jpg

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Today i met up with Raf matt's brother who is a dent removal technician and hes done an amazing job on mine like he did on Dr jekyll's

I had a few parking dents on the drivers door which irritated me so i had to get rid

I Recommend simon very highly and on top of that hes a top bloke

Anyone whos having there dents done at CSS Saturday by him will not be disappointed :)

unynyteb.jpg

ymazy5u4.jpg

ga4y8usu.jpg

jamamusu.jpg

He also done my pal Rob's Arctic 182. He had 1 dent removed

u3y9y4ys.jpg

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Ill be there 150%. Car was playimg up so i couldnt make it to the chelmsford meet. a couple of my mates went woth CCUK down to southend and sae the cliosport lot there! so gutted i missed it :-( Maybe strange one for July too? August Is so far away !

Top man stick ya name dwn

Yea quite a few of us went up the seafront. It was a brilliant meet. Cheeky pint aswell

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Coming along nice buddy, I get my 172 rear bumper next week, that's getting sprayed up, I'm buying some 16mm spacers for the rear off a chap on here, hopefully - I will actually be colour coded by the Southend meet :O

Its looking the tits bill. Its almost there

Ill look forward to seeing yours
Uve been hard at work on it :)

Its looking the tits bill. Its almost there

Ill look forward to seeing yours
Uve been hard at work on it :)

It's getting there bud, I still love your engine bay, it's gorgeous!

Finally removed the rascal K&N induction kit off mine! Thanks god. Tints are off next!

Hopefully, my car will be completely different since the first time you saw it :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
It's getting there bud, I still love your engine bay, it's gorgeous!

Finally removed the rascal K&N induction kit off mine! Thanks god. Tints are off next!

Hopefully, my car will be completely different since the first time you saw it :)

The bay is getting there dude. Still gotta spray the cambelt cover black & yellow hoses & solid top mounts

Yours is gonna look great. Uve done well there bill :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Back on the dyno yesterday and it come out as 180.1 & 152.8lbs not the 195.8 & 173.8 lbs what k-tec claimed even though it was a very hot day

Bit disapointed but this gives me more willing to get it up to a genuine 190bhp

Plans are to go up to MWM for a live map

Heres the graph

vy6u6y2y.jpg

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Its been a long time since ive updated this lol so here goes

Ive recently fitted V-Maxx coilovers along with solid top mounts

9y5ezy9e.jpg

And heres the boys fitting them along with the soild top mounts

uguqa5en.jpg

Car now has a prima racing solid exhaust mount also & ive decided to do away with the rear seats & put an Omp rear strut on

yvume4a9.jpg

The car is off to mark fish next week for a full geo set up and ive also fitted 16mm spacers to the front & 5mm to the rear

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
So another update..

Been down to mark fish motorsport today for a geo set up & tracking and camber. Great service from the guys

The cup is now running 2 degrees positive camber

asu2u2u7.jpg

u7ubuve2.jpg

6u4etynu.jpg

vuba2etu.jpg

Huge difference now in the way it handles so very happy.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
So you pay someone to work on your car but have no interest in finding out whats been done or why???

Mental.