ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kyles Clio 172 Cup Project

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Love the wheel, yellow calipers make it look s**t imo.
They need to go sliver which will make it look nice and fresh.

Wheel center caps need changing to, I just don't dig the yellow.

Nice car apart from that. :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Love the wheel, yellow calipers make it look s**t imo.
They need to go sliver which will make it look nice and fresh.

Wheel center caps need changing to, I just don't dig the yellow.

Nice car apart from that. :)

Scott I was just debating this. Im gonna change the 2.0 bullets to carbon with blue 2.0 16v & change caliper colour along with the wheel diamonds back to standard colour. I just needed someone to say it lol

Ill pick some silver caliper paint up over the weekend. What do u recommend matey

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Im defo thinking these will look better

du2yqy7a.jpg

R14 CUP
Cheers bud :)
Defo gotta sort out a shoot with both of the cups. Love the wheel shame its so bloody big lol

Yeah, i think thats why i don't like it. I much prefer the feel of my other halfs 197 wheel.

Eventually we will sort it, im half tempted to make the pilgrimage down to FCS tbh.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Yeah, i think thats why i don't like it. I much prefer the feel of my other halfs 197 wheel.

Eventually we will sort it, im half tempted to make the pilgrimage down to FCS tbh.

I was gonna go for a 197 wheel but they were 190 quid

R14 CUP
I might steal Linz's 197 wheel and swap it for my worn Sparco wheel.

I'm going to go for a Sabelt wheel eventually - there very pretty.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I might steal Linz's 197 wheel and swap it for my worn Sparco wheel.

I'm going to go for a Sabelt wheel eventually - there very pretty.

Haha take her out & sweeten her up then drop the bombshell haha. How about a sabelt J?

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Wheel is proper nice! Nice car all round tbh.

Cheers dan. Just a few finishing touches now for her. Just ordered them carbon bullets like the pic above. Gonna ditch the yellow theme. Really like your Ph1 certainly not a shed like you said :)

What bits are yellow? Calipers would look much better black IMO, cant say i noticed much else yellow ha.

Cheers dude, my car is still & probably will be a shed in my eyes. It did make me laugh how you guys thought it wasnt worthy of the poor status I give it :eek:

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
What bits are yellow? Calipers would look much better black IMO, cant say i noticed much else yellow ha.

Cheers dude, my car is still & probably will be a shed in my eyes. It did make me laugh how you guys thought it wasnt worthy of the poor status I give it :eek:

i got yellow calipers/2.0 16v bullet decal & my centre cap diamonds are yellow. yea dude i was well shocked how nice it was. your nasty to her lol

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
sounds good to me pal. would you think black would look better then silver?

No sliver.

Don't listen to anyone else. :rasp:

I used Hammerite smooth in a spray can but mine where off and in bits as i replaced the seals and pistons.

R14 CUP
Do people paint calipers whilst on the car? If so, how do you not get paint on the pads??

I did mine with hammerite, but it just blistered when any excessive heat gets into the caliper.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Exactly. Steering wheel is a little ott for me too but then again i dont have to look at it every time i get in the car!

Quite like yellow calipers on mondial with turinis, reminds me of .GAZ. s old one

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
As said Saturday, love the wheel.

Also Scott is right, silver is the only way. Keeps it looking fresh and clean :)

Cheers big dog. Yeah im gonna order some silver caliper paint. Just trying to get hold of some oem wheel centre cap diamonds aswell. Renault want £60

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Mate you have a lovely Cup, just keep it looking fresh.

Carbon paint s**t will make it go down in value.
Buy the seats, clean off the yellow calipers.

Give the engine bay a mint up if you've got money to spend.

Completely agree with everything Phase1sr has said.

Great looking car and will look even better with a few bits freshened up.

Keep up the good work :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cheers big dog. Yeah im gonna order some silver caliper paint. Just trying to get hold of some oem wheel centre cap diamonds aswell. Renault want £60

Renault want £60 for something that will improve the look of your car.

But you wasn't bothered about spending ££££££ of fake carbon paint???

See where im coming from?? :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Renault want £60 for something that will improve the look of your car.

But you wasn't bothered about spending ££££££ of fake carbon paint???

See where im coming from?? :)

Yeah lol. If I cant find them anywhere else ill just order them from toomeys

I thought the carbon would of looked ok but I can certainly see where your coming from scott. What caliper paint did you use? Was it the foliatec stuff

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Look on ebay dude, might find some cheaper.

I used Hammerite smooth sliver.
We used to paint the Aston calipers in the same paint with no problems.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6

the yellow on there is hammerite aswell. No issues with the paint fading what so ever. Ill nip down to Halfrauds on my day off saturday & pick some up. Cheers bud :)

RenaultSport 172
Nah they won't. Just give em a light sanding and re-primer them. Worth a try as it will save you £60!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6

Ive just ordered the OEM caps from renault. New bullets on the way & silver hammerite on the way aswell. Its skinted me out but will be worth it lol. Cheers scott for giving me the kick I needed to have a change :)