ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kinect - Xbox 360 Thread

1.8 Civic EX
yeah the uploading pics is cool, plenty of me and mates on facebook already :)

Kinect Sports turned up today......meh, not as fun as adventures, not as much hard work either. probably better multiplayer than on my own, will try it out later.

Nimbus R27
I love it, and think its better than 'move'. Will keep move though, and hope sony sort some decent games out for it!

RB 182
Lets hope he's not on here or you've spoilt the surprise! :rasp:

lol no hes not!
Besides hes given enough hints he wants it and ive given enough hints i want a pandora bracelet- which i know he's picked up on as he was on their website this morning ;)

1.8 Civic EX
So the bloke is just sat there and the car drives/turns (and doesn't do too badly) without him doing anything?

no different from any of the Gran Tourismo games then, just hold accelerate and watch the car wall run to the finish lol

In all honesty Joyride is s**te anyway (going by the demo). It accelerates/brakes automatically too so all you have to do it stear and even thats a bit ropey. Although it is quite good when you get a bit of opposite lock on and drift all the way round corners :)

Kinect Adventures is simply awesome, so much fun and damn good work out when playing for a few hours

Kinect Sports is a bit meh, football doesn't really work too well when on the pitch but taking shots and being the goalie are ok. Bowling is basically the same as on the wii, track and field events are the best, closely followed by the boxing. Volleyball and table tennis are pretty average.

The missus loves the demo of Dance Central and I must admit I did find it quite entertaining so that'll probabbly be purchased soon.

Also the demo of that Fitness thing seems rather good too.

Put it this way, I got it release day, my bro came round and had a go (he's 31), the next day he bought one. That night a few mates went round his, that weekend two of them bought one each as they enjoyed it so much....

Last edited:
no different from any of the Gran Tourismo games then, just hold accelerate and watch the car wall run to the finish lol

In all honesty Joyride is s**te anyway (going by the demo). It accelerates/brakes automatically too so all you have to do it stear and even thats a bit ropey. Although it is quite good when you get a bit of opposite lock on and drift all the way round corners :)

Kinect Adventures is simply awesome, so much fun and damn good work out when playing for a few hours

Kinect Sports is a bit meh, football doesn't really work too well when on the pitch but taking shots and being the goalie are ok. Bowling is basically the same as on the wii, track and field events are the best, closely followed by the boxing. Volleyball and table tennis are pretty average.

The missus loves the demo of Dance Central and I must admit I did find it quite entertaining so that'll probabbly be purchased soon.

Also the demo of that Fitness thing seems rather good too.

Put it this way, I got it release day, my bro came round and had a go (he's 31), the next day he bought one. That night a few mates went round his, that weekend two of them bought one each as they enjoyed it so much....

people did that with the wii as well though then it sat there gathering dust after 2 weeks

1.8 Civic EX
people did that with the wii as well though then it sat there gathering dust after 2 weeks

true, I'm one of those people. Sold mine in the end, but that was purely because it didn't get a look in over playing on the 360, this effectivly is the 360. Best of both worlds :)

Plus it's better than the wii too. The wii you could basically play any game with absolute minimal effort, just a quick flick of the wrist will control almost every game and it required very little movement at all, just people getting into the games that put the full movement in. Baseball for example, if you wanted to you could hold the controller up with two hands over your shoulder and give it a full arm swing round to the front, i ended up just sitting down and litterally flicking from the wrist, worked just as well, if not better!

With kinect it actually measures the position of your whole body so you actually have to be up and moving about to control the games (unless it's joyride as proved above lol)

1.8 Civic EX
yup, could well be.

I think the only thing that will prolong it is if they start to make actual games that use it and use it well, rather than all the cartoony mini-game type stuff, which lets face it are really just excuses to try and show off what it can do....

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
My mates played on my kinect last thurs, they were all talking about getting one after hehe

Nippy white cup
Has anyone had issues with the Kinect Adventures disc? Mine pisses around saying the disc is dirty and unreadable when it is brand new and mint......sometimes it works then goes off mid game and also tried the demos and they just make it return to the dashboard!

Got it from amazon too so it isn't like I can just nip into game or where ever and sort it :(

Chris

I got a kinect yesterday with sports and dance central. Iv never pmsl so much...the OH was doing javelin but was getting right into it..the replay of his legs going ten to a dozen as he got closer and closer to the tv ...suppose you had to be there. but I had tears streaming down my face for half hour.
Dance central is the nutz...the way you pick songs and just swipe across the screen.... going to be so much fun with the family over for crimbo.
The Wii dont scratch Kinect imo. Welcome to ze future :D

I got mine from Game...you get the Mini Adventure games free with it and they cost £130 but I got Dance Central and Kinect Sports so payed £200.
I would recommend it to anyone....it really is very clever. It understands voice commands too..like open disk and xbox..kinect....

Reminds me of this great film...

Last edited by a moderator:
  RB 182
got one for OH for xmas, can anyone reccomend a game to buy as well, one thats suitable for all the family , cheers

1.8 Civic EX
tbh from what I've played the game that comes with unit is still the best game available at the minute (Kinect Adventures).

Kinect Sports is a bit lame, going by the demo Joyride is shite, Dance Central is rather good but imo the best thing about it is the menu navigation lol

172 Cup
I've been contemplating getting one of these for Xmas, do you need much space available to use it?

I dont have any space to stand up in my room which would mean taking my Xbox downstairs each time to use it.

Last edited:
  1.8 Civic EX
I've been contemplating getting one of these for Xmas, do you need much space available to use it?

I dont have any space to stand up in my room which would mean taking my Xbox downstairs each time to use it.

in which case I wouldn't bother...5 to 6ft away for 1 player, 6ft+ for two players at the same time.

the only thing that really lets kinect down imo

clio 182 black /gold

I have limited space in my house and i struggle play the kinect.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Just picked the last one up from GameStation today for the basically handsome sum of £10 lol

Really surprised by it, completely impossible to compare this to Move on the PS3. Soon as you get over the self concious 'I look a complete tit' its great. DEFINITELY gonna be used over Christmas for the family do's etc.

Very very clever bit of tech, fingers crossed they'll back it up with some software and not aloow it to get into the same situation as the Wii seems to be getting into with the same old same old software games.

got one for OH for xmas, can anyone recommend a game to buy as well, one thats suitable for all the family , cheers

I like both kinect sports and dance central... the OH likes dance central too which surprised me tbh. but it is really good and you can practice the moves first if you want...so your not just chucked in at the deep end ,so to speak. I you want to get fit then this is a great way of doing it...I played for 3 hours without realising.
Its got some really funny stuff on the free game you get with it....like the outer space one..you have to flap your arms and fly about a room...lol.
Kinect Sports has bowling and football and loads of other stuff..suitable for everyone and anyone basically.

Inferno 182 CUP
honestly kinect sports PISSES all over the wii in every league

never had so much fun!

played all day yesterday and got up today with so much lactic acid build up i cant wipe my arse without hurting lol better than wii fit

got kinect sports and adventures but think i may go and get dance central tonight and play with the OH

1.8 Civic EX
honestly kinect sports PISSES all over the wii in every league

never had so much fun!

played all day yesterday and got up today with so much lactic acid build up i cant wipe my arse without hurting lol better than wii fit

got kinect sports and adventures but think i may go and get dance central tonight and play with the OH

Boxing? lol I was exactly the same the week before christmas :)

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Just picked up mine today, after hearing workmates praising it!
Got adventures, dance, and sports with new 4gb xbox for £280...
Will it prize me away from cod??? I doubt it

1.8 Civic EX
still nothing that I would call a "proper game" tbh although I picked up the Sonic FreeRiders demo which is basically Mario Kart but on hover boards with Sonic lol

It's actually realy quite good, and I think I'll be picking this one up. Can swap your stance, different motions for different weapons etc like throwing a bomb, bowling a ball, swinging a golf club. Some underwater bits where you have to swim, kick your leg out like you're on a skate board to speed up etc

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've upgraded my 360 Super Elite to a 360 S with Kinect and Sports today. Also bought Forza 3 Ultimate edition in the sales so that I can get all the add-on packs that are included with it.

Inferno 182 CUP
Boxing? lol I was exactly the same the week before christmas :)

yep lol!

Just picked up mine today, after hearing workmates praising it!
Got adventures, dance, and sports with new 4gb xbox for £280...
Will it prize me away from cod??? I doubt it

it prizes me away for an hour at a time quite easily lol

Any 'decent' games or just the same pisch as Wii? i.e. sports games?

not shooting games and things like that but i have read about developers designing games where u can sit down but use your hands and move various things to do stuff which wouldnt be possible on a remote .. almost making you the character so you cna practically do anything

still nothing that I would call a "proper game" tbh although I picked up the Sonic FreeRiders demo which is basically Mario Kart but on hover boards with Sonic lol

It's actually realy quite good, and I think I'll be picking this one up. Can swap your stance, different motions for different weapons etc like throwing a bomb, bowling a ball, swinging a golf club. Some underwater bits where you have to swim, kick your leg out like you're on a skate board to speed up etc

i think its a proper cool toy!

I've upgraded my 360 Super Elite to a 360 S with Kinect and Sports today. Also bought Forza 3 Ultimate edition in the sales so that I can get all the add-on packs that are included with it.

youll be well away!