ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kinect - Xbox 360 Thread

Inferno 182 CUP
look at it on youtube .. full body tracking no controller required

it looks better in about every single way and the reviews its had so far from the US as its now released there say its amazing

Inferno 182 CUP
im not an IT whizz so ill await someone who is to correct me but 3D sensors, face and body recognition full body tracking it follows and copies every slightest move you make.

google it for all the tech answers and opinions but it looks great!

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
LOL

Interesting vid. Will be interesting to see what kinect will be like in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
  clio 182 black /gold
I have pre ordered one on the 26th November from Viking Direct. Just hope it does not come whilst im out at work.

I don't know if this has been covered in the thread already, but say for instance you're playing a racing game. How are you meant to accelerate and brake etc? Look back?

I know it's never going to be simulation like playing F1 on a wheel but was just wondering.

1.8 Civic EX
Did with EyePet, which is the only experience I've had of the eye toy thing

A complete guess would be that it was required for the eyepet for depth perception. All the other ps games in the comparison vid above showed no depth, simply up/down left/right.

1.8 Civic EX
looks like play are using Home Delivery Network to dispatch this. just tried the tracking number on their site and all it says is The parcel has been sorted at our hub. that was at 8am this morning...looks like i might not be getting it tomorrow!

Inferno 182 CUP
me too grrrr but they normally pass it to depot at like 3am and its out for delivery next day .. i would assume ull have it tomoz

182FF with cup packs
My mate got his delivered today (Monday that is) and I've just spent the evening acting like a flailing tard :rasp:

It's pretty fun, and very knackering.

I can see the Dance Central game being pretty popular with the teens, not really my cup of tea though. The fitness one is pretty interesting, but the demo only had one quick thing with punching blocks. Kinect Adventus has some fun games, though you need quite a lot of space to play 2 player.

You're gonna need to be at least 6 feet back and preferably further, and you need at least a couple of feet behind you as well. Not one for cramped rooms at all.

It does spazz out sometimes and won't follow your movements, but if you step out of the camera area and back in it resets itself.

Some of the menu gestures are very Minority Report though which is pretty cool.

clio 182 black /gold
Has anyone got theirs yet? My neighbours has arrived as i have taken it in for them. The deliver guy said i dont know whats in this box but i have deliverd loads of them today. I have googled the post code and it is from game. Not hard to guess what it is lol.

Ph 1 172
Well want this but from what I have read it needs a minium of 2 feet either side of you and 8 feet or more from you and the telly, just going to persuade the other half to change thelayout of the living room to get it lol

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
nah definately does not need anything like 8 feet distance to function, half that meybe.

1.8 Civic EX
mine finally turned up at half 8 last night, bet the delivery guy was well pissed still out delivering that late lol

i'm happily playing mine in just under 6 feet away and it's fine, however it needs to be more than 6 feet for two players together.

Clio 182
Only game I fancied for this was the fighting one and apparently its s**t so i'll be waiting for it to come down in price. Still think its a gimmick though...

1.8 Civic EX
just finished Kinect Adventures and unlocked all the awards for my avatar lol

its actually a very good game. Certainly getting me out of breath for longer stints, especially some of those reflex ridge levels.

Still waiting for Kinect Sports to turn up though, a bit pissed off with play on that one, got the "your purchase has been dispatched e-mail" for it the day before i got the e-mail for the actual kinect unit and it's still not here!

Astra CDTI SRI
Got mine on release day and it's still in the box.

Not sure if I'm gong to keep it or flog it.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
loving mine. Had mates round and played kinect adventures until the early hours.

Was brilliant. Its good the way you can upload all the pictures of you and your mates to.

www.ourkinect.com

Sam!