ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kinect - Xbox 360 Thread

So, who's ordered/ordering it?

I've got a pre-order in (well the wife has, as my Xmas present from GAME highstreet).

Looks good, but I do wonder whether it'll be like the Wii, and get used very little.

Released 19th November 2010
Priced @ £129.99

Last edited by a moderator:
  1.8 Civic EX
yup, I've pre-ordered from play.com, Kinect + kinect Adventures and I've also pre-ordered Kinect Sports

initial games do look very Wii like but tbh at the moment I'm more interested in the whole voice controls and the face recognition etc. The games will start to trickle in soon enough.

Yes wouldn't mind a link, have had two wiis and sold two wiis so this would just be even more wasted money for me.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
just another gimmick in 5 yrs time when its really "realtime" accuracy maybe

Astra Twintop
its better than the Playstation Move...................
(Yes, i have seen it, held it, used it)
Ive also played GT5
(God bless friendly sony reps)

Astra Twintop
better review than that! come on .. if youve played it .. i want more lol
surrounded by three sony reps, everyone in the shop who was staff had to sign paperwork etc etc

its absolutely immense.................
even down to dash board detail

Inferno 182 CUP
surrounded by three sony reps, everyone in the shop who was staff had to sign paperwork etc etc

its absolutely immense.................
even down to dash board detail

and we are on about kninect yeah not PS Move?

defo worth it?

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
the lag thing has already been stated was just software related and not limitations of the hardware, which can supposedly function lag free.

Inferno 182 CUP
suprise suprise kinect has sold out of pre orders @

amazon
play
hmv
game
gamestation

and who said it wasnt going to take off? lol

cant wait for mine :D

1.8 Civic EX
suprise suprise kinect has sold out of pre orders @

amazon
play
hmv
game
gamestation

and who said it wasnt going to take off? lol

cant wait for mine :D

yeah me too! I did notice it's not available from play anymore (thats who I've ordered with). HOping that means I will be getting one on release as when I pre-ordered (a good few months ago) they had a notice saying limited stock etc...

1.8 Civic EX
just got an e-mail from play....your order has been posted!

shame its is just for kinect sports and not the actual unit lol although that has now changed from "pre-ordered" to "order placed"

Never above 25mpg
Had a go on this in GAME with a couple mates a fewe days ago. Felt like a right tool.

Interaction and knowledge of body and where features are is very responsive but felt like it was lacking the controller.

Lee

BMW M2C
I'm hoping mine turns up next week. It may be shipping for all I know as it's a birthday present from my misses. :cool:

1.8 Civic EX
I'm glad I'm not the only person looking forward to this lol. I must admit though I'm more interested in it as a cool piece of tech rather than some amazing gaming revelation.

Although in saying that I checked out some video reviews of a few launch titles and it would seem that Kinectimals or whatever it's called seems to be really well rated compared to the others. I didn't realise it has lots of games and some form of actual "story" type thing to play through. I though it was just sitting there petting an imaginary lion cub lol

BETA Tester?

come one then ...
Yeah, not really sure what to tell you other that what you can already find on the web. The main thing you need to be aware of is space and placement. I have mine on top of the TV (wall mounted, just under 6ft high) and it can chop off my feet. I believe it tells you in the instructions the ideal hieght is some around 3ft but I have nothing under the TV to stand it on. The play area is aprrox in the 6ft-8ft region in front of the sensor, go further forward than this and it will tell you to move back. This means if your Xbox is at the end of you bed its unlikely you will get much from Kinect.

The games available were Sports, Adventures, Joyride, Dance, Central and the Fitness one. All had some fun elements but TBH they are not games I would go out and buy to play alone but I had a few mates round that loved the Sports when playing against each other.

Sports - Good multiplayer, younger players will probably enjoy it move, volleyball resulted in me nearly putting my fist though the ceiling to hit a high ball.
Adventures - Ok, bit repetitve and knackers you, be great for the overweight player (or not..)
Dance Central - Girls and drunks will probably love it - Good party game
Joyride - Didn't like it, no connection with the car, kids will like it.
Fitness Evolved - Was a very early preview but had a lot of potential, Kinect scans your body so its your shape on the screen not your avatar

Most games have video replay after of you playing which is funny. I believe you can upload these to friends but I didn't have that functionality.

Overall its got great potential and I would like to see more games using it along with the controller. The head tracking is spot on so it would be great to have a COD type game using it so you could look around the wall or Forza using it for mirrors etc..

Last edited:
  1.8 Civic EX
The play area is aprrox in the 6ft-8ft region in front of the sensor, go further forward than this and it will tell you to move back.

this is the main bit that worries me tbh, think it might be a bit tight with the space i have currently.

Does it come with any sort of mounting bracket or is it literally just on a stand like the wii sensor bar?

this is the main bit that worries me tbh, think it might be a bit tight with the space i have currently.

Does it come with any sort of mounting bracket or is it literally just on a stand like the wii sensor bar?
No bracket, which is a pain as its balanced on my TV and has fallen off a few time when it auto adjusts itself to locate you. I believe they are being released soon though.

Those space requirements are for the standing games, there is also a sititng profile which only maps your top half which may be a little more forgiving.