ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kinect - Xbox 360 Thread

Citroen DS3 DSport
Finally had a chance to setup the Xbox and transfer all my data from the old model. Configured Kinect and played Bowling, Boxing and Track & Field. Knackered now so going to bed :)

The wife bought me this for Xmas.

I got Sonic and Joy Ride, which are ok, but prefer the Adventure game.

Is the Sport game with bowling any good? Compared to the Wii?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Loving the Kinect, sports is good fun and I played the demo of Dance Central tonight which I think will be purchased.

1.4 clio dynamique
I got one!

It's absolutely amazing! 100x better than the wii and wii fit!

It's definatly worth getting :)

I think the bowlings ace, much better than the wii imo.

Cheers. Think I'll get that bought.

I've been using the microphone for in game chat, apparently it sounds a little low, so I've gone back to the headset, anyone else use the mic?

RB 197
I got one for Xmas with the Adventures and Sonic. My Daughter loves the games (though there not really my cup of tea) Though Dance Central is great. Fingers crossed COD for Kinect in the future. Grenny throwing, reload and crouching would be tops.

1.8 Civic EX
Cheers. Think I'll get that bought.

I've been using the microphone for in game chat, apparently it sounds a little low, so I've gone back to the headset, anyone else use the mic?

I've used the built in mic for the Kinect video chat thing and that was fine. I've not used it "in game" though.

RB 197
I've also found that whilst playing MW2 i used the Kinect mic but it was pretty low. Someone advised to change the music/effects settings in COD so you can hear other gamers better? Will give it a go later.

Clio Sport 182 Cup
The kinect is great!! I use mine mainly for the exercise games. Canceled my gym membership as the kinect was more enjoyable!! Only got 2 games so far, the adventure one that comes with the kinect , and 'your shape, fitness evolved' which has replaced my gym membership!!

Ph 1 172
Finally got mine today was the first time I have laughed at what I am doing with no one else home lol

One question though can you not turn off your xbox through speech like what was in the original press release?

Finally got mine today was the first time I have laughed at what I am doing with no one else home lol

One question though can you not turn off your xbox through speech like what was in the original press release?

Nah..apparently that was part of the original Project Natal...which didnt make it on the Kinect.

Ph 1 172
Nah..apparently that was part of the original Project Natal...which didnt make it on the Kinect.

o right i assume its the same then with opening the disc tray? still really impressed by it though im knackered after playing kinect adventures

Nippy white cup
The voice stuff works on Zune when watching vids but not much more than that....doesn't work when watching a DVD tho :(

Has anyone tried that demo dance game....feck me it is awful especially compared to Dance central!

Chris

1.8 Civic EX
To do this, say this

Go to the Kinect Hub Xbox Kinect
Play a disc Xbox play disc
See more options in the Kinect Hub Xbox next or Xbox previous
Sign in to your profile Xbox sign in
Start the Kinect Tuner Xbox Kinect Tuner
Start Kinect ID Xbox Kinect ID
Open or close the disc tray Xbox open tray or Xbox close tray (think this only works if the tray has no disc insterted)
Go to the Xbox Dashboard Xbox Dashboard
Play music or video Xbox play (Zune only)
Fast-forward music or video Xbox fast-forward (Zune only)
Pause music or video Xbox pause​ (Zune only)

o right i assume its the same then with opening the disc tray? still really impressed by it though im knackered after playing kinect adventures

You can "open tray" :)
Also the Dance Central navigation is most impressive...

Not the best vid...

Last edited by a moderator:
  Ph 1 172
To do this, say this

Go to the Kinect Hub Xbox Kinect
Play a disc Xbox play disc
See more options in the Kinect Hub Xbox next or Xbox previous
Sign in to your profile Xbox sign in
Start the Kinect Tuner Xbox Kinect Tuner
Start Kinect ID Xbox Kinect ID
Open or close the disc tray Xbox open tray or Xbox close tray (think this only works if the tray has no disc insterted)
Go to the Xbox Dashboard Xbox Dashboard
Play music or video Xbox play (Zune only)
Fast-forward music or video Xbox fast-forward (Zune only)
Pause music or video Xbox pause​ (Zune only)

Thanks for that very helpful would of thought Microsoft would have put a little booklet in the box saying what voice commands you can do. Really looking forward to when this kicks off properly as at the moment it's more fun wii style gaming needs some sort of fps

What's fighters uncaged like?? Really would love a beat em up on kinect

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Yeah to be fair I've only got adventures, fitness evolved and kinect sports. Be interesting to see how games they develop play in the future. I wouldn't be surprised to see a mini controller to come out for making characters move etc.

1.8 Civic EX
Yeah to be fair I've only got adventures, fitness evolved and kinect sports. Be interesting to see how games they develop play in the future. I wouldn't be surprised to see a mini controller to come out for making characters move etc.

that any good? the missus wants it but I'm a bit dubious as to how "fit" you'll get from playing it. Plus is it really worth the £40 price tag?

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Think the fitness game is ok.... My missus worked up a sweat last night on it - and so did i watching her whilst eating crisps

1.8 Civic EX
picked up fitness evolved at the weekend....

oh my! I only done the intro bit to the personal trainer where it takes you through some "basics" to measure your overall fitness level. Aparently I'm very good, got 95% and it says I should take part in all the advanced "courses".

What kinect doesn't know is that I was completely bollocksed afterwards and had to have a sit down. I struggled to walk up the stairs this morning 'cos my legs are killing! I'm so unfit :( Looking forward to giving this a good few goes though as it's clearing working on my legs :)