ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kierans 1.2 Clio Campus Sport Project

Corolla T-Sport
Just joined Clio Sport so I thought I would post a thread about my Clio.
I have been driving for around 5 months now, I have a 1.2 Clio campus sport as my first car. Despite it being sluggish compared to other 1.2's on the road I have fallen for it. I bought it from a Renault Dealership with one previous owner it is pretty good nick, a few dinks here and there but nothing major. Here are some pictures when I bought it.
2.jpg
1.jpg

Since buying it I have done a few mods including de-badging the 'campus', aux cable (kept standard radio), Blacked badges, yellow fog tint (not to everyone's taste but I like it) and a fabia splitter, flat wipers and rs grill. Here is a picture from the other week, rs grill and wipers have gone on since will hopefully get a new picture up soon! I have also done a few bits of touch up paint on the front bumper.
10808165_943091402386157_158561222_n.jpg

Unsure on future mods, looking into plasti dipping alloys or getting some gun metal 182 alloys. Obviously being 17 insurance is difficult to get round so lowering it is probably out of the question :-( Any suggestions on what to do next welcomed. Cheers

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Bricks in the back help the lowering one for us 17 year olds, where abouts are you from?

GW RS200
Nice mate, I had a Campus Sport as my first too! Still have it now aswell, trying to sell. Best looking MK2 in my opinion!

4e32bbca3809dfcf6fc11edebd1c3b5e.jpg

Corolla T-Sport
Update: Here is a newer picture with the grill and wipers, sorry for the quality, was getting dark and freezing haha. Also forgot to mention the Heko deflectors I put on in my previous post.
10805235_943898275638803_698104291_n.jpg

Need ideas for the rear end as the campus rear end is appalling! Also just a quick one, anyone know where to get a cheap corner seal for the windscreen, mine has come off whilst driving :-(
10805066_943898375638793_2017643479_n.jpg

Corolla T-Sport
there's plenty of threads on here, I started off with a campus sport exactly the same as you except in red with slightly different wheels
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/ruby-the-1-2-rep.755276/
all a matter of how much time and money you're willing to put into it as apart from spraying the panels I did all the work myself, good luck with the project
Thanks mate, I have already had a look through yours, very smart! I am willing to put all the time in the world in however the fact I only work part time because college restricts the funding heavily :-( I think anthrite or black alloys are a must though!

Corolla T-Sport
Gave her a quick clean today, here are a few pictures of where we are up too.
A.jpg
E.jpg
D.jpg
I'm happy with the front now bar some silvervisions. The rear is not the prettiest on the campus model so mod suggestions to tidy it up would be appreciated although ideally I would like to put the car back to standard when it comes to selling. My next plan is to take off the wrap on the badges and do them in black plasti dip along with the alloys, does anyone have experience with the stuff? Not sure how much I trust it to be tough enough for the alloys. Dad also wanted me to put a picture of his Rensport Megane up to see what you guys think of it lol!
B.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 87
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 82

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
I wouldn't plastidip the alloys, especially now with the grit on some roads it just rips off. Spraying the wheels would be a better option imo

Corolla T-Sport
I wouldn't plastidip the alloys, especially now with the grit on some roads it just rips off. Spraying the wheels would be a better option imo
True, I may spray them the clio antherite colour, would suit the car I think :)

Also does anyone know how long the membership pack takes to arrive?

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
True, I may spray them the clio antherite colour, would suit the car I think :)

Also does anyone know how long the membership pack takes to arrive?

Can be up to a month, let me know how the Anthracite goes as I want to refurb my wheels.

clio campus sport
Not sure tbh they look better without dealer logos and the flag on the side would tidy the back up :grin:

Clio mk3
Plasti dip will be fine on your wheels mate,I did mine and if you do get a bit coming off just apply another layer. Plasti dip is a lot stronger than people think. Here's a picture of my alloys in anthracite plasti dip here's a picture
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416092041.828484.jpg

I now have turinis and these are stored in the shed

Corolla T-Sport
Quick Update:
Clio sport membership pack arrived, sticker will be going on soon :)
Trying to find time to do some more paintwork to tidy up the front bumper.
Looking into lowering 40mm just to get rid of the horrid arch gaps!

Corolla T-Sport
UPDATE:
Spent this morning tinkering outside. Gave it a good clean to get all the grit off and put on the 182 alloys.
10841317_962940863734544_1366670510_n.jpg
10850350_962940783734552_1419459292_n.jpg
10863584_962941207067843_488824047_n.jpg

Happy with the outcome, look smarter than the 15's. I haven't used spacers however I will be getting 5mm all round due to being a tight fit.
Plans for future (money permitting) are:
Black Bullets and rear badge.
Black centre badge on alloys
Lowering 40mm (when insurance and funds allow a 17 year old too)
172 rear bumper
Possible new stereo and speaker system

I was thinking black bullets and mirror covers, anyone have any other ideas?

It looks a real smart car!

Here's the things I'd do in order:
-chrome indicator bulbs
-clean plates
-lower a little
-sport interior

They are the only things I'd to to be honest.
Although I have to admit I'm not a fan of the rear end of the campus models. Changing the rear end to a 172 rep would be a nightmare with the boot being different too.