ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought this am abit weary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  320d
I'd avoid. Everybody like a bargin but this is not one. No service history is a serious fail. There are a large amount of people that run a car and don't even know what a service is. 5th gear this week showed how many cars don't have the correct amount of oil in them, if somebody can't be bothered to keep a service history then why would they bother maintaining the car properly.

Punto/Clio GTT
tbh i wouldnt be too worried about service history. personally id never take a car to a garage to get bent over and have a book stamped.

would go to a relative who would do a full service for the cost of parts.

Punto/Clio GTT
also, just go and look at it

if its a nail and its suspect, just point out some dents or something and say its not as described "clean and looked after"

Mini Cooper S
tbh i wouldnt be too worried about service history. personally id never take a car to a garage to get bent over and have a book stamped.

would go to a relative who would do a full service for the cost of parts.

You can still keep the receipts for the parts and use that as history.

Mini Cooper S
obviously.

its not proper renault service history though with your book stamped and dated

I've got a year old clio and they want £300 for its next Service(Oil change,gerenal check over and a stamp)..they can f**k off. Shouldn't be anymore than £100!

Punto/Clio GTT
completely agree

but some people when going to see a car are adamant that it has full dealer service history. that youve paid 1k for a belt change and £300 for an oil and filter change.

mental

320d
I don't mean FRSH or anything but just something that shows the previous owners have took car of the car. My cars had services at Renault, Vauxhall (when I bought it) and a local garage last year. Basically it's been serviced every year of its life within the service intervals which is what i'd look for with my next car.

Clio 172
Ive got an R reg megane caby not service history had it over 6 months and no problems. Ive changed the filters, plugs and fluids myself. And the coilpacks. Runs perfect. Mrs also has a daihatsu sportrak 92k no service history runs perfect. Serviced them both myself day after buying an no problems yet. But i have started my own history ok its only going to be 2 years worth but it'll be present and people will have peice of mind that its been looked after whilst ive had it?

Clio 172
Hahaha just waitign for the guy to get intouch with me then ill send him in. Been intouch with Daniel top notch bloke and being a dealer will know his stuff. Absolute legend!!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
And even if you do get bent over and get your car serviced at Renault, its likely to be done by some little chav that doesnt give a f**k about it and given half the chance will handbrake it around the carpark.

Clio 172
Hahahaha loving these comments. My local garage is a diamond have used him for years and he has never let me down. Plus im pretty handy with tools so can do most of it myself. Just waiting to hear back now! Then i'll let everyone know whats going on.

Clio 172
Just got the reply:
i have not received any of your messages so there is no need to be so short with me, i DO NOT ignore people. if you wasnt to sure wether you wanted the car you shouldnt of bid in the first place, as i have stated there is 12 months m.o.t and tax is till the 10th i think i cant remember because i dont have the documents here, i am selling for a friend. the reason i did not reply to this message sooner is because i am busy. i do not sit on ebay 24/7 i am afraid i have kids! the car was put through the m.o.t only a few days ago so there is no problems on that side of things with the car. yes that is right my friend has not had the car long, i do not know about the cambelt or the head lights if you give me you contact number i will get my friend to call you. thanks

2nd fishy thing

i am selling for a friend

Not in the listing. Going to get the postcode and ask Daniel if he'll take a look for me and go from there.

And he's very shirty as I wasn't at all short with him

Clio 172
There is a massive salvage site near Bristol where you can buy damage repairables called dhales I bet he has bought it from there and fixed it!

That's where I got mine from and repaired it, managed to buy my 53 plate 172 with 35k on the clock year ago and repair it for around £2200 and was fun doing it.

It's now got 45k on the clock and still going strong!

I would say that's had front and rear end damage hence the grainy off angle photos that are probably hiding the bad repairs done!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Ben-

A couple of points to note in this case.... as this car has Bulls*it written all over it-

Lights.... >>>> Xenon lights turn a blue colour when you turn them on as the light takes a few moments to warm up-

If there is NO answer as to why the lights are changed then simply walk away-
Also selling for a friend wasnt part of the item despription & I imagine in the terms & conditions of Ebay listings mean that if you list- you are resonsible for accuracy of car &are supposed to list the defects/modifications against a
standard vehicle........
using 'didnt know' as an excuse is NOT a reason...- However one point to consider is his feedback was good-

EBAY Feedback- If you walk away then you can give him negative feedback as a seller- he CANNOT give you negative feedback-
he can click positive & write negative things as someone did to me, but you can comment on that as well-

At best go & look at it, but take someone experienced in the trade to look with you,as what may initally look good to you could be masking some more serious internal problems, especially if there has been a repair & they used patented parts-

Best of luck- keep in touch

Steve

Last edited:
  Renault Clio S
To be honest you should have done all the investigation before placing the bid and buying the car. The car is listed as sold as far as eBay is concerned, which means the seller will at least be charged the listing fee, which for a 2.5K car could be expensive.

The 'selling on behalf of a friend' remark could be genuine (I do it all the time for people who don't have accounts and therfore no feedback rating). If you look at the sellers feedback in this case you can see that his sales are clealy for smallish items sent through the post - not expensive items like cars - which may or may not help to validate his comments, depending on how suspicious you are.

But as others have said, take a look at it and see what you think.

Clio 172
Can't believe anybody would bid on a car without seeing it !!!!!!

Comments like this dont help. I know i was daft but its done now so....

I have myself a list of questions including badges, lights etc.

Hopefully Daniel will be taking a look for me if he doesnt mind ill be sending him beer tokens :)

Yet again I am waiting for the guy to reply have forwarded my mobile and email address.

If i complain to ebay that item wasnt as listed then noone will get bad feedback, he can relist the car and he wont get the big charges only the 8pound listing fee. He should have stated in the listing that it wasnt his car and that he was selling for a friend.

Steve thanks for all the help matey and great advice. Ill see what happens and keep you in the loop. :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Got your text and pm mate.

I'll make a concious effort to get over there tomorrow. Would have gone today but its across the other side of town and at 5pm thats a very bad idea!!

Clio 172
Not a problem matey if you pm me your paypal i can put some petrol pennies in there for ya!! Mucho appriciated. If its not too much of a blooper am coming up 2moro to get her. See if he's flexible on price with the missing xenons etc.

Just out of curiousity how can you tell that it hasnt get xenons just from those poor pictures?

Cheers Ben

iceberg 172
Not a problem matey if you pm me your paypal i can put some petrol pennies in there for ya!! Mucho appriciated. If its not too much of a blooper am coming up 2moro to get her. See if he's flexible on price with the missing xenons etc.

Just out of curiousity how can you tell that it hasnt get xenons just from those poor pictures?

Cheers Ben
they look like these mate.
DSC00279.gif

you can tell the difference by the projector and chrome ring in the headlight

Bus w**ker
He doesn't have to be flexible on the price, you've already stated how much you are going to pay. Seriously, don't waste the guys time, just walk away and spend your cash on one you've actually bothered to look at, test drive and check out before agreeing to buy.

impreza sti prodrive
If its not too much of a blooper am coming up 2moro to get her. See if he's flexible on price with the missing xenons etc.

Cheers Ben

mate sorry to be so frank with you but if you expect to drive up to this guys house with the intention of nocking him down on price that you have already agreed to pay before even looking at the car, personaly id be telling you to jog on. you clearly have reservations about this car so dont buy it, fook what the guy says to you in emails afterwards. thers far better examples out there for 2.5k.

reasons not to buy:
no zenons
sport badge on wrong side
spoiler is a difrent colour
passenger side door is diffrent colour (mainly visible at top)
looks to be dent in bonnet
after market radio (salvage yard may have taken out)?
rear wiper position (its dry around the car & no sign of rain)
no pics of o/s
not actualy very cheap at all

reasons to buy:
err none....

just dont go tmoro, log on to pistonheads.co.uk & buy a decient 1 for your money.

ps: going by the guys reply to you in his email, he either wont be by himself ie have a mate or 2 there or he can handle himself so dont set your lip up or get stroppy abuot the car..

a burnt one
Can't see any point compiling a list of questions about a car AFTER you have bought it myself, but i appreciate everyone is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.