ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought this am abit weary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He means it's not the end of the world if you get negged.

Don't buy it. There's plenty about.

Why did you bid to start with?

Just say your 3 year old kid must have accidently bought it as you left the pc on. It wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Renault Clio S
The seller can leave negative feedback, but cannot make any comments, whereas the buyer can do both.

Breaking mk2 DCI
The seller can leave negative feedback, but cannot make any comments, whereas the buyer can do both.

on normal listings a seller cant leave neg. as i tried to for sum1 who refused to pay me extra postage to inverness and left me a neg

Clio 172
Im thinking about going 2k is cheap for a 53 plate 172. Its not lcat listed and ive added it all up and worst case parts will cost 500 quid. so 2750 for a 53 plate 172 with 72k miles is a bargain. Been lookin for a while and cat d 172's are goin for 2500 quid on a 51 plate with higher miles!1

?
Im thinking about going 2k is cheap for a 53 plate 172. Its not lcat listed and ive added it all up and worst case parts will cost 500 quid. so 2750 for a 53 plate 172 with 72k miles is a bargain. Been lookin for a while and cat d 172's are goin for 2500 quid on a 51 plate with higher miles!1

How do you know worst case parts will be £500? you dont even know whats potentially wrong with it?!

Also - Because its not cat listed should make you worry even more! A car that isnt cat listed but has blatent crash evidence, with evidence of cheap repairs (not using original headlights etc)...

Mate... trust me on this and do not buy that car.

Clio MK3 Work in progress
You can not back out of an eBay deal because you were not happy with the contents of the description. It’s not misleading in anyway, it’s just very basic. You read this description, had an opportunity to ask any questions before you bid. By bidding on the item you were stating you were happy with any of the information contained. It is up to YOU the Buyer, to make sure that you are happy with the description, and you ask any questions you have before you bid. I sell a lot on eBay as this winds me up.

If you do not want the car, stop messing the seller around, tell him you are not interested, take the negative feedback and the unpaid strike. It’s not the end of the world.

Just seems that there are now 5 pages of people telling you are not to buy the car, and you’re still considering it. So buy it then!! Cars are Cat listed for a reason, to ensure that when they are mended they pass strict tests to ensure they are mended to a standard that makes them roadworthy and safe. So buy not listing them, there is usually something to hide, unless fixed and mended by a reputable person who can provide receipts ect.

It seems from your postings you know best and as its cheap its worth buying, even if there are repercussions like mending it. Nothing is cheap these days, unless there is a reason for it!!!

I wouldn’t buy it, then again it wouldn’t have bid for it in the first place.

Clio 172
I tried to ask questions and got no reply. I sent a total of 6 messages and never heard anything. Next time I had access to my computer and ebay account was 12hours before the end of the auction i.e not able to retract my bids. From base evidence it seemed ok and i expected it to go for more. But after people pointing out headlights etc then i became suspicous!!

Also it is lsted incorrectly. I.e none standard (headlights) so i do have a leg to stand on and shouldnt take bad feedback due to them lieing about the car. Also its not the guy who sellin's car its just someone he knows and he said that the guy who listed was an idiot. Car has some history with it. Has 12months MOT as of Friday last week and only failed on 2 tyres. He should have listed any faults in the add but now I could press the 'item not as described' buttom due to lights etc.

Am going to take a look hopefully tomorrow and go from there

a burnt one
If thats the case id guese maybe 90% of items on ebay are 'not as described' stop looking for loopholes, you made your bed, lie in it.

Stop messing the guy around and either buy it or dont.

Clio
mate sorry to be so frank with you but if you expect to drive up to this guys house with the intention of nocking him down on price that you have already agreed to pay before even looking at the car, personaly id be telling you to jog on. you clearly have reservations about this car so dont buy it, fook what the guy says to you in emails afterwards. thers far better examples out there for 2.5k.

reasons not to buy:
no zenons
sport badge on wrong side
spoiler is a difrent colour
passenger side door is diffrent colour (mainly visible at top)
looks to be dent in bonnet
after market radio (salvage yard may have taken out)?
rear wiper position (its dry around the car & no sign of rain)
no pics of o/s
not actualy very cheap at all

reasons to buy:
Its not a vauxhall.

just dont go tmoro, log on to pistonheads.co.uk & buy a decient 1 for your money.

ps: going by the guys reply to you in his email, he either wont be by himself ie have a mate or 2 there or he can handle himself so dont set your lip up or get stroppy abuot the car..

Corrected for you;)

Clio MK3 Work in progress
I Was just stating the facts. I've sold a car on eBay and for the selling price of £2,500 it will cost the seller about £65. (Listing fee and final fee credit Inc), that’s why I get annoyed with people who buy and then don't commit, still costs the seller money.

I can see what you’re saying about not having standard headlights, but the description doesn’t say it has Xenon’s, so he hasn’t lied or purposely mislead you. Its not against E-bay regulations to list things for other people. As stated, these are the things you should have pointed out/ found out first before you bid.

If you sent 6 E-mails before you bid and there was no reply, why still bid in the first place, or why bid before you sent the questions. Seems to me you got a little Auction fever, bid for the item because it was cheap. You cant pre-empt the final price, so why rely on the fact that someone would out bid you, which I don’t see why you would have wanted them to.

If you won a car off me, and came to my house to haggle on price ect or to tell me you didn’t want to buy it for what ever reason, I’d make sure I got the listings fees of you, that’s for sure.

End of day your bid, your money, your choice what to do. Like said if it was me, just wouldn’t view it, don’t know why people are so scared of negative feedback. No one wants it, but isn’t going to kill us. Not siding with seller or buyer, but if ya dont want it, man up and dont worry about it.

Not trying to sound argumentative but just don’t get it.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
He could be a no nonsence guy as looking at his skyline and his lego game, then he could genuinely be a well its as it is, deal with it.

Could be good, or could be bad. Have tro go look at it first.

If its a shed. Don't buy it. He'll neg you on eBay but so what?

I'd rather have a neg than buy a shed.

You shouldn't have bid in the first place.

PS 200
I'm more concerned for his safety tbh.

If he turns up at the place and starts arguing about price, description etc he could end up getting hurt !!

The car looks a $hitter and there's nothing in the description that says it's a mint example.

With no leg to stand on and arguing the toss with £2.5k in his pocket - I'd be very very careful !

Renault Clio S
Turn up in a disguise - like a Parisian detective in a raincoat, or something – claim that you noticed the car as you were passing, give it the once over and then leave. If you like the look of what you see, return as yourself and do the deal. If not, don’t bother returning - either as yourself or your chosen character.

Clio 172
Not taking full wedge will view first. Says clean and well looked after. Mot expecting mint for the money. Belts can ben done for 250. Lights 2nd hand 100. Even sourced a 2nd hand engine for 350 with 70k on the clock warrented. Can fit it with my dad.

Guy has nothing to do with ebay. Was just after the advert. Says it belonged to his mrs and it was too fast for her. Either way my uncles a panel beater dads an ex mechanic now sales manager and has connections so can buy a shed and make into a decent car.

Might just get some angel eyes from k-tec only 185+VAT. Will get under it make sure all the panels are straight. Give it a good blast then say ill go get the cash if its a shitter ill do one and paypal the charges. If he flags me as a non payer he doesnt have to pay the bill.

Ok ive waste dhis time but he's wasted mine. And maybe he'll do a bette rlisting next time. All cars have problems. This will probs have more than most but its 1500quid cheaper than the rest so i cant complain.

Guy still hasnt got back to me yet either. So he might just be pissed off with me and not bother

BMW E46 330i Touring
Having read through all of this I can only come to the conclusion that you're a glutton for punishment!

Almost everyone on here has said to leave this alone as it screams out 'dodgy' and yet you still seem to think that if you can knock a bit off it'll become a good deal! It won't.

It seems you are allowing a budget of around £2700 to buy the car and sort the major service which is invariably due. Surely you can be patient for another month or two and save a few hundred quid more to get a better example, or a Ph1?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Might just get some angel eyes from k-tec only 185+VAT. ..

...All cars have problems. This will probs have more than most but its 1500quid cheaper than the rest so i cant complain.

Actually, ignore my previous post, I think this might just be a lost cause!

I sold my excellent condition Cup with 80k, FSH, folder full of receipts, etc, etc for £3500 only a few weeks ago.

Be patient; there's better out there.

impreza sti prodrive
mate do what you want :rolleyes:. you arnt listerning to anyone on here anyway!!!

who cares if its a 53 plate? anyone? i no i dont, id rather buy a clean 52 plate if it was my cash.

53 plate with hard life & a hard 70k :nono:
or
51/52 plate with not bad life & less milage :cool:

my guess is its bent to f*ck, but please ur self..

It's A Reno
The car does shout dodgy with stuff missing, in the wrong place etc, but that doesn't mean he as the seller knows about these things.
A non RS fan isn't going to be able to spot things that are wrong.
You didn't know the difference in the lights and you go on here.

You do now have an obligation to him and yourself.
Your obligation to him is to apologise and pay his fees.
Your obligation to yourself is to put this down to experience, walk away and find a good 'un.
I wouldn't point out to him why you don't want it, just tell him you haven't got the funds.
If you tell him his car is a dog with lots of faults, he'll probably punch you.

Clio 172
going Wednesday taking an AA guy with me. guy was sound with me about it and says if i dont like it then if i pay his fees its all gravy.

Clio 172
HPI came bak clear for everything including finance. Even the milage checker thing wqas right. Dont get that last bit though

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Why take an AA man if your dads an ex mechanic? I'd rather someone I know and trust looked at it that an AA or Rac man.

As above, with your dad being an ex mechanic, your uncle a panel beater and your aunty is probably the queen.

Just take them, be reet!

Listen to the advice, its better to save up for a better one, than creat work for yourself

53 Clio's & counting
For the money you will spend buying it, then the money you spend fixing it (the headlights etc) id rather buy a slightly older one that doesn't need any work, and that has its history, its not exactly as if there isn't any left - simple.

Also after spending this money on it, it will still only be worth about £2,500, it doesn't matter the age, as it has no history , and if someone who knows the Renaultsport brand/experience with cars comes to look at it, they will notice the things like the colour difference etc. ( people take service history in high regard )

Just walk away and spend your money on a better one, £2,700 will get you one.

Mini Cooper S sport
Been to see it yet?

By the way, the alloys looked kerbed to f**k as well, but that's probably the least of your worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.