ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought this am abit weary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Golf GT TDI
ben its a s**t heap walk away i paid 3k for mine with 1 owner and frsh on a 53 plate and its in mint condition

£2700 will get you a nice one easy mate just keep looking

SQ5
Just looked at the Advert on eBay and its possibly the worst sell ever. Why did you bid on that without even looking at it?!

I bought a car like that when I was young and wanted a valver, the thing nearly killed me when I crashed due to it being repaired badly but the car was unrecorded and had a dodgy ticket put on it (all of which I didn't know at the time)

Just walk away from it FFS and look for a minter

Clio 172
Its got history with it got the guy to email me pics of the history. Its got the past 4 MOT's serviced up to 46k at a stamped garage. not renault. Got a few recipts. Wheels not bothered about as i want a refurb in gloss black and ive got two sets in my shed of my meggie cab.

Dad won't travel to bristol hence why i wont take him. And ill get a little AA Certificate as peice of mind. So im already building more history as ill have noth belts done, new plugs oil and filters, new coil pack, Am basically going to start my own project if i do buy it. Either way some poor b*****d is going to get it so its better someone who knows their stuff gets it and can (IF it needs) fix it properly at cost price) If its beyond what i think is s**t then i'll pay the fees and leave it there simple as!

Why are you travelling 200 miles for this shed? Just say you're not coming and don't waste either of your times and money.

It needs a cambelt (£500ish), xenons (£200ish), refurb (£200ish) and that's just what you can see from the crap pictures.

Some poor b*****d doesn't have to be you. It's not an abused child! LOL

Mini Cooper S
You'd rather be the mug to buy the car than let someone else get it....wow..you're too selfless!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
You'd rather be the mug to buy the car than let someone else get it....wow..you're too selfless!

I think its a case of being desperate to buy a car........ I guess Ben will be happy with it come what may-

S

Clio 182 cup'd
Thats the most bizarre reason to go through with the purchase of a car I've ever heard!!

I don't understand, there must be hundreds of 172's about! take your time

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Thats the most bizarre reason to go through with the purchase of a car I've ever heard!!

I don't understand, there must be hundreds of 172's about! take your time

It may be bizarre but sometimes having a car is all that matters for some, especially those with little patience-

Steve

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Its got history with it got the guy to email me pics of the history. Its got the past 4 MOT's serviced up to 46k at a stamped garage. not renault. Got a few recipts. Wheels not bothered about as i want a refurb in gloss black and ive got two sets in my shed of my meggie cab.

Dad won't travel to bristol hence why i wont take him. And ill get a little AA Certificate as peice of mind. So im already building more history as ill have noth belts done, new plugs oil and filters, new coil pack, Am basically going to start my own project if i do buy it. Either way some poor b*****d is going to get it so its better someone who knows their stuff gets it and can (IF it needs) fix it properly at cost price) If its beyond what i think is s**t then i'll pay the fees and leave it there simple as!

I don't mean to be rude, but you don't know your stuff. You didn't even know that lights were wrong, and that's something that is fairly basic.

Bus w**ker
Enjoy your lemon. I look forward to the threads that come from the purchase...I expect the first one about 10 minutes after you get home, on the back of a flat bed. PMSL.

You're not bothering to listen to the same advice over and over, so f**k it you deserve the f**king heap.

Rusty Cup
please tell me after all the clearly consistent negative comments you are not going to actually part with cash too buy this car??

The one thing i will say about Cliosport.net is that its used by enthusiasts that know alot about car and more importantly clio's...

why not turn this disaster on its head and ask what you shud be buying and see what turns up.

the for sale section is probably a gud start by the way.

It's A Reno
This thread is funnier every day. :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

So, now on top of everything, you are spending money on an AA guy to tell you it's a piece of s**t. Well, infact he won't because as I've already said, only an RS enthusiast will identify all it's faults.
Betcha any money that the AA don't spot the headlight are wrong unless you tell him.
What are you going to do if he says it's a straight car, buy it lol?
If this car is a badun', it will always be so. but you know better than all us RS owners don't you. :rolleyes: :banghead:

Door to door salemen must love you. I bet you have one of these don't you.

[youtube]8AyVh1_vWYQ[/youtube]

I thought that Daniel was going to look at this for you, or has he given up on you too.

P.S. This isn't aimed at making you look like a dick, I just want you to wake up!

Last edited:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Have you bought it yet? I dont think you will be welcome at any CS meets with it lol :p

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Why are you travelling 200 miles for this shed? Just say you're not coming and don't waste either of your times and money.

It needs a cambelt (£500ish), xenons (£200ish), refurb (£200ish) and that's just what you can see from the crap pictures.

Some poor b*****d doesn't have to be you. It's not an abused child! LOL

This car sounds like a black hole of trouble/money waiting to happen to some poor unsuspecting mug. When you weigh up the cost off sorting it all out, it seems a no brainer that you'd be better off just setting your budget marginally higher and getting something half decent in the first place. :D

I think you're being naive if you disregard the general consensus of this thread and part with your hard earned monies on this car.:dead:

FLOL. What a complete and utter spanner. Why did you bother putting up this thread when you're not listening to the advice anyway?

Guys, lay off him a bit yeah?

It's a bit silly if he ignores our advice on the sale, but he doesn't deserve all this name calling.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Title makes me laugh. Because he defends it now.

Thing is, it's been front ended and that's no doubt. Fact is if they fitted the wrong lights because it's cheaper what else have they skimped on.

I just got my 172 2 weeks ago. Black, FSH and 2 lady owners with cambelt etc all done and drives solid as. No sqeaks, no knocks with 82k on it for £2790. Higher mileage than some but drives so well compared to some 50k ones I couldn't care less.

Gotta ask yourself are you buying a project or are you after one that's up together? Seems a bit dumb if you ask me

Clio 172
Fine :p have fobe dit off. You guys win. Whos is the 172 for sale in the " for sal esection" ?

You guys are a bit harsh but meh i suppose i deserve it shouldnt have asked if i didnt want the answers.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
About 5 minutes in my case. Honestly don't think anyone was getting proper personal but honestly it's one of those cars which are best left. Too many little things wrong I'd say.

Most cars have had a scrape in their life but at least repaired with correct parts.

Fine :p have fobe dit off. You guys win. Whos is the 172 for sale in the " for sal esection" ?

You guys are a bit harsh but meh i suppose i deserve it shouldnt have asked if i didnt want the answers.

People can be a bit harsh on here mate, but you get used to it, it's mostly banter anyway. Underneath it all we are genuinely trying to help, think you made the right choice walking away, it's worth waiting and finding "the right one" for your cash.

Renault Clio S
Oh yes, sorry. I couldn't understand what he was actually saying due to the bad grammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.