ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to make a forced air induction kit for £1.50

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio 172 cup
Here is a guide to make a forced air induction kit for a 172/182

Tools need

A drill
A pencil
And a pair of scissor

First u need to get hold a induction cone. I bought this pipercross one off a member on here for £15

Need u need to go to any agricultural supplies shop and buy a 5 litre calf rearing bucket for £1.50, everywhere sells them

7c99b0cd.jpg

Next make round the IK with a pencil

c156a90e.jpg

Next drll a hole one cm from inside the circle drill a hole and then cut out a circle with your scissors

e191cd85.jpg

9316ba51.jpg

e26dd60d.jpg

074218f1.jpg

eef258e6.jpg

Next cut round the hole with your scissors up to the circle u marked with your pencil

387c8016.jpg

Now your bucket should look like this

3c90d528.jpg

Now pust the induction cone through the hole, it will be tight and the bucket will grab it and be very secure

739582df.jpg

b7221faf.jpg

Now fit to the thottle body, the bucket fits perfectly into the 172 engine bay

03997c82.jpg

36f6944a.jpg

a08834b0.jpg

This is a very simple mod that takes 20 minutes tops. Now u can enjoy the induction ROAR!! Without loosing any bhp as the bucket shields the filter from any heat soak.

Feel quite chuffed i have invented this!! :)

Comments welcome

M

mini-valver

Except you have a bucket in your engine bay thats sucking allll that hot air from the rad. Shot son!

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
hahahahaha loool :D

it's not a saxo that sucks a lot of air from that position ...

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I lol'd hard!

As it's not sealed, what's stopping the air inside the bucket getting hot?

Mk5 golf gti
Hmm id rather take pride in my car and buy something decent, if you use a bucket as an induction you probs buy second hand oil too :p

cool though, video of noise?

Clio 172 cup
I have some heat wrap so will put some on, surely this is still better with the bucket than without

After a fast run i opened the bonnet and had a feel of the cone filter and it felt quite cold

Pulls really well, certainly doesnt feel any slower than with the standard airbox

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It'll give more protection from heat like (not sure how much or for how long lol)

I had this idea a while back (not with a bucket but similar ) but I have an enclosed induction kid anyway

I drove around with a flask under my bonnet for a while... Didn't serve any purpose... I just forgot I put it there

Clio 172 cup
Tbf spending £1.50 to maybe get an extra 2 bhp is slightly better than spending £1800 on a RS2 for a 13 bhp gain

Im happy, dont really care about it being a bucket, it matches my 172 cup blue and looks quite sweet in the bay

G

Gregor11

It's a good effort mate, not to everyone's taste but still, a good effort

Megane 225 F1
Holy s**t. I aren't sure if this guy is being serious.

Can you imagine being someone working at a garage, doing a service and opening the bonnet to find that.

Clio 172 cup
I think 99.9% of joe public wouldnt realise its a bucket

It fits in the bay so well non car enthusiasts wouldnt even blink an eye

Megane 225 F1
But you can see where the handle attaches to the bucket.....

TBH though, 99% of car enthusiasts wouldn't put a bucket in their engine bay.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I think its a good idea. Could you not put a feeder pipe to the bucket for that bit more cold air ?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Still wiping the tears away here...

Why not just use a v6/ph1 airbox + ITG filter if needed. At least that actually has actual cold air feeds and probably a TUV mark on it.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
you may well have gained 2bhp over not having the bucket,

but you've still lost 5bhp over the standard system!!
and surely its still sucking air from directly behind the rad?!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
i would imagine the induction noise would be quite echo-ish.

have you got any vids.

its not my thing. i like my engine to look neat and seeing a blue bucket under there just isnt my thing, but fair play for a bit of diy action. maybe carbon wrap the bucket to make it look less "sniggery"

Cro

Meg'd r27
Lol I expect more mods like this to become more and more common,

credit crunch + now cheap car = these mods

Up there with the wooden strut brace for me

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Carbon wrapping it would be a definite improvement, but my main concern would be that the particular filter has a large sold silver piece on the end.

So, it's not like it takes in air from that top part, so are you almost starving it a little?

Clio 172 cup
Certainly doesnt feel like its lost any power. At speed the bucket will catch all the cold air going through and over the rad

But omg to sound is just incredible!!

macca6

ClioSport Club Member
  megane r26, 172 cup
B and Q have just reported that the sales in buckets have risne by 50% lol.

In all fairness fairplay dude and much respect for trying to do something off your own back, alot of people on here would say to not bother and make a joke.
If people didnt try things like this even though it is a bit......naff!? We wouldnt have other forced induction methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.