ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to make a forced air induction kit for £1.50

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Fiesta ST-3
This is a very simple mod that takes 20 minutes tops. Now u can enjoy the induction ROAR!! Without loosing any bhp as the bucket shields the filter from any heat soak.

Feel quite chuffed i have invented this!! :)

Comments welcome

I just re-read and noticed this. As if anybody will be copying the fact you're sucking in hot air from your rad, and blocking off any other cool air coming in.
As stupid as it sounds, if you must keep your bucket... why not cut another hole in the side and make a cold air feed from down where the std one ran?

Lionel Richie
leave the guy alone, its actually not a bad heatsheild IMO (ok the bit with it pointing at the rad is an issue) but hey it cost him nothing and i praise his DIY effort!

best place for air is actually at the back of the engine bay where the ABS pump is

330i. E30 Touring.
PMSL. Whilst having a bucket in the engine bay is brilliantly funny, i agree that for £16 he's made something which people spend £250 on with the Maxogen.

Top marks.

Mk2 Clio 1.2 16v
Good effort! Ignore the Haters. Obtain a cold air feed and direct it down near the bumper where cold wind is going to flow & seal it to the open end of your bucket. Job done.

Ph1
It does exactly the same job as a £250 simota induction kit tbf

Was only trying to save some money :(

If it does the same job as a Simota then its 5 times more s**t as the opening of yours is even bigger thus acting as a heat storage.

TBF, if you could block off the front and get your air supply from the side and maybe put some heat protection on the bucket then it would work pretty well i reckon

330i. E30 Touring.
Good effort! Ignore the Haters. Obtain a cold air feed and direct it down near the bumper where cold wind is going to flow & seal it to the open end of your bucket. Job done.

No, it isn't.

Why bother putting a bucket on if you're going to limit the flow of air to a 70mm CAF?

330i. E30 Touring.
If it does the same job as a Simota then its 5 times more s**t as the opening of yours is even bigger thus acting as a heat storage.

TBF, if you could block off the front and get your air supply from the side and maybe put some heat protection on the bucket then it would work pretty well i reckon

Like a massive V6 airbox? Love it.

Think up 3 initials. Get some stickers. Get a fan club. Get a spokesman.

There's definitely a gap in the market for someone with your talents.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You are a hero. Actually a great DIY attempt!

Any noticeable differences in fluid dynamics between said 'calf milking bucket' and say, a plasterer's bucket?

Clio RS 182
Well done for trying something different mate, ignore the old farts on here.

Try cutting half of the bucket out (opposite side to the engine) therefore it'll act as a shield from the heat coming from the engine (similare to the k&n gen 2 kit) but also open it up so it can gain from the cold air coming from an air intake.

Sent from my iPhone using TapDatAss

Clio 172 cup
You are a hero. Actually a great DIY attempt!

Any noticeable differences in fluid dynamics between said 'calf milking bucket' and say, a plasterer's bucket?

Tbh chris theres not many small buckets out there, I recommend the calf rearing bucket as it fits so perfect in the engine bay, you couldnt make a bucket fit any better tbh

Totally love the comments from the haters on here! Really has made me giggle so much, im not taking this mod too seriously but it does seem to work ok, gunna try some shiny heat wrap on the bucket and put a couple of cafs on the side

Personally if you didnt know it was a bucket, most people would think it looks alright in the engine bay

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I love the fact you answered my question. :eek:

All joking aside dude, it's probably 80% as effective as similar versions that are heaped with praise on here. CS loves a bandwagon, that's all.

Maybe cut a few holes in the underside of the bucket? It'd draw less hot air from the rad then.

For £15, I think it's mint!

Clio 172 cup
Thanks mate, hope it gets approval to go in the guides section

If someone else gives this ago and is happy then i will be over the moon

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
i did piss myself laughing with the shot of it in the engine bay. would you honestly drive your car like that? i cant imagine anyone copying this idea sorry

Clio 172 cup
Its ok mate, its been a standard comment from people that own a sheep clio with turinis and a yozza exhaust that have no imagination to try anything different

It looks no worse than any other homemade heatshield imo

Listerine & Poledo
Brilliant.

simply brillaint.

Tonight I'll be putting the finishing touches to my low-cost Yozz-esque solution. Watch out world, it's gonna be LOUD!!!!! And with a bucket in my engine bay, I'll be fully set up for Southend this weekend for full-on finger-gush chavaction

Listerine & Poledo
Its ok mate, its been a standard comment from people that own a sheep clio with turinis and a yozza exhaust that have no imagination to try anything different

It looks no worse than any other homemade heatshield imo

Just take it out, burn it, put your OEM kit back in and stop trying to defend the fire hazard you're about to melt all over your engine bay.

And where's the vid of this "awesum roar"

Clio 172 cup
Just take it out, burn it, put your OEM kit back in and stop trying to defend the fire hazard you're about to melt all over your engine bay.

And where's the vid of this "awesum roar"

Thanks for that advice mate!

I was gunna fit a standard plastic engine cover to tidy up the engine bay as well but i dont want that melting all over the engine too!!

Love you x

133/225/CLS AMG
I would bet at least......some money, that if you'd painted the bucket or wrapped it in carbon fibre most of the haters would go 'oh well done' and want to know how it's done. It's that snob value of laughing at a bucket in the engine bay...........a BUCKET!!

It's far from the worst idea in the world, a bit crude but probably isn't doing any harm. In fact with a bit of perfecting it could potentially be a worthwhile idea.

Listerine & Poledo
RE: CF covering

Yep, that would have completely changed opinions of the modz/stance/rep set. no mistaking. Especially the 1.172 collective.

Clio 172 cup
If i put a blue itg sticker on it..... If you didnt know it was a bucket you probably wouldnt tell
The auto electrician that fitted a new alternator for me this morning thought it was oe

Status
Not open for further replies.