ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how often do u clean your clio

S13
Once a year if it's lucky, the dirt hides the shite colour match, it actually looks better dirty ;)

fiesta 1.25
twice a week atleast.Polish glaze and wax about once every 2 weeks i know its too much but o well!I dont know why i do it tbh.It stays looking clean for one day then it luks a mess again :(

Arctic blue 182ff
i bought mine from renault on saturday, put it through on hot wax yest (tues) regular enough??

106 GTi
I am shocked how much polishing people do - 2/3 times a year for me.

Doesnt do any harm!?When i say polish i mean a quick srp

Even SRP will remove clearcoat, to be fair you could use it everyday if you liked and it would be ok in the time you own a car. But on the other hand, why use abrassives on paint so often ? If you have a good wash technique you can save your time, effort, product and clearcoat.

I used to be the same, can remeber polishing my 309 GTi everyday of the week when I was a lazy student. Have since realised there is no need.

Wash, Dry and a spritz of Quick detailing spray is all you need to keep the car looking sharp.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Agreed with Rich, I don't use abrasives on my car unless I have a scuff or a swirl or something as a rule. I like to top the wax up once a fortnight or so though, keep a nice layer of Dodo/Collinite up hehe.

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
i bought mine from renault on saturday, put it through on hot wax yest (tues) regular enough??

Lord that almost sounds like you mean you put it through a car wash... But surely someone on a car enthusiasts site would never treat their car that badly...?

Dan

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF

Lord that almost sounds like you mean you put it through a car wash... But surely someone on a car enthusiasts site would never treat their car that badly...?

Dan

i shamefully do at work when im lazy, does come out proper clean though!

fiesta 1.25

Even SRP will remove clearcoat, to be fair you could use it everyday if you liked and it would be ok in the time you own a car. But on the other hand, why use abrassives on paint so often ? If you have a good wash technique you can save your time, effort, product and clearcoat.

I used to be the same, can remeber polishing my 309 GTi everyday of the week when I was a lazy student. Have since realised there is no need.

Wash, Dry and a spritz of Quick detailing spray is all you need to keep the car looking sharp.

I dont know maybe if i did it properly in the first place i wouldnt have to do it every 2 weeks but i never have time to give it 2 coats of srp and wax i just dab a bit of srp here and there lol.I need to give a full day to doing it then i will only need to wash it.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
thinkin about using a meg's clay bar on mine, friday at some point, im right being under the impression it will get rid of swirls cos its absolutly terrible for them girl who owned it just of put it threw a car wash (needs shooting)

106 GTi
Clay won't do anything for swirl marks if anything it will make them look worse as it will remove any products hiding them. Clay is just for bonded on dirt washing alone wont touch/remove.

Clio MK 4

I've learnt this aswell. Every saturday i wash, dry detailing spray and usually a quick layer of wax every so often.

SRP and EGP come into play twice a year.

Coiley'd Clio PH2
This quick detailing spray.... what exactly does it do?
Is it like a lazy persons wax and polish?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Clay won't do anything for swirl marks if anything it will make them look worse as it will remove any products hiding them. Clay is just for bonded on dirt washing alone wont touch/remove.

I notice from this thread, even after all your preachings some just don't understand;)

I prefer a good wax every couple of months as a top up

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
You need some kinda cutting polish like Meguairs #83. Best worked by machine, but can be done by hand - just don't expect it to be a quick job hehe ;) And you need to clay it first :)

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member

It's like a lube with a little bit of finishing polish in for a bit of a shine. The idea been, you spritz it on thick, and then can just polish the dirt of a car that is effectively already clean, maybe just been standing for a week (you don't do it on a heavily soiled car). Personally I'd never do that because I'm sure the dry dirt is likely to swirl - I use it when drying. Wash the car as normal, then when you're drying it, apply the detailer whilst the car is still soaked and the water just runs away, and when you dry it leaves a brighter shine. You also use it as a lube when you're waxing. Although some know it all on another site the other day told me it was ok to use excess water as a lube... Good lord I shudder to think what his paintwork is like.

Dan

Coiley'd Clio PH2
So will it help me to stop getting those horrible white dots i get on the black car.... might go and get some and give it a try, ive just washed ther car yesterday and its just been sat there overnight.
Whats the best thing to apply it with?

106 GTi

It's like a lube with a little bit of finishing polish in for a bit of a shine. The idea been, you spritz it on thick, and then can just polish the dirt of a car that is effectively already clean, maybe just been standing for a week (you don't do it on a heavily soiled car). Personally I'd never do that because I'm sure the dry dirt is likely to swirl - I use it when drying. Wash the car as normal, then when you're drying it, apply the detailer whilst the car is still soaked and the water just runs away, and when you dry it leaves a brighter shine. You also use it as a lube when you're waxing. Although some know it all on another site the other day told me it was ok to use excess water as a lube... Good lord I shudder to think what his paintwork is like.

Dan

QD's don't contain any polishing agents.

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Couple of times a year maybe?

Not very often, might treat her to a jet wash later if it stops raining..

T Reg clio 1.4
Probably wash it twice a week then give it a real good clean and wax once a month that usually involves a whole day doing it.....

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member

Dan

QD's don't contain any polishing agents.

Well no I know they don't have anything like SRP or whatever in, I just couldn't think of a better word for 'shine making liquid' :)

Dan

Mito Sportiva 135
At the moment probably every 2 weeks, at uni evey 3-4 weeks. When at home every week. 2-3 times a week is a bit much though IMO! especially as every time I do it I have to at least QD after, wheels, tyres, plastics, windows, arches and shuts....3 hours for a "quick" one, couple of days for a proper session.

monthly if the weathers ok an it normaly gets a layer of srp which now will follow a coat of egp :eek: its well over due though hopefuly it will get a bath this weekend :eek:

182 has now gone!
Washed and waxed once a week...
A good polish with SPR and EGP about 4 times a year..
Clayed once a year as well..

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
once a week. in the AM so i can do it in the shade on the drive. takes about a hour. somtimes twice if the weather is good