ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***How much is it worth?***

3 Series xdrive
Re: ***How much is my car worth?***

£2.5k would still be an absolute steal, but it actually owes me more than this after all the bits I've done, and all I've paid for is parts at trade price.

Everyones car owes them money, you never get back the money you put into a car... but you never know, you might be the exception!

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy

Most people pay the going price for their car.

I'd be very surprised if a near-mint 182 with everything done would only be worth £2500, whatever the mileage.

To give you an idea, I looked at three others at half the mileage and none were even close to the condition of this one ;)

clio 182 ferrari 355

Won't bore u with the spec as seems its common knowledge what a 172 has onboard but price wise i paid £700 for my 2003 { 03 } with a siezed engine and 58000 on clock {new engines done 33000 }. Total outlay £2400 on Engine, ancilliaries, discs and pads, a new tyre, new headlights, bottom grill, and spray work to front bumper { wings and doors blown in to match }. Took it for test and it went straight through.
Stands me at around £3300 with some other bits i needed so reckon i'm outpriced but goes like a rocket and seems to be reliable enough. Ditched the k&n 57i and went back to standard as it made 2bhp more. And yeah its for sale on a certain auction site if anyones seen it but had no offers.:(

Gracie x

Clio 172 PH1, Mini

Thinking of getting rid of clio for a german daily skidder,
X Reg (2000)
93,000 miles
no rust
service history ect
whats it worth?

clio 182 ferrari 355

And yeah its for sale on a certain auction site if anyones seen it but had no offers.:(

Sold it for £3750 so happy days.

Now for some retail therapy :)

Gracie x

Last edited:
  RB182cup&golf gti

Thinking of getting rid of my 182 cup. Owned and garaged from new, rb Inc stripes, 17k miles, fsh Inc cam belt done at birchdown. Mint nic no parking dents, original tyres plenty tread, tiny scuff on back alloy when taking wheel to get puncture repaired and it fell against wall! Hardly used hence low mileage. Just after rough idea of price please, cheers. 54 reg 2004.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

Pity its not full fat-

Probably 5800- 6.3k mileage is a funny one- low mileage is great but once you get below 30 its not going to add swathes of money

Steve

Still haven't got round to selling my car yet or getting a new one!

Want to know what you think its worth to sell privately

48k miles(that's a guess without checking)
Recaros
Electric heated and folding mirrors
Extra tinted rear windows
White speedline alloys
FSH, some Renault others independent

I was thinking £7500 - 7750 going off other ads on the net!?
what you all think?
IMG_0295.gif

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

Be lucky with 7k--- albi blue 197, b*tch to sell

S

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

nope-- for some reason arctic blue & albi blue dont sell, If you have standard wheels get them on...

S

Curious for a price on my car:
2001 mk2 ph2 dynamique (51 plate)
Good condition overall. Almost new tyres. Bad points are few marks on the alloys, and a v.small scratch on the door.
FSH.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Unusual the people say arctic's a difficult one to sell considering it was the third most popular choice new behind silver/black.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

yeah option- not many people specced it....

197 prices have hit the ground the last 12 months

GLWTS
S

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Unusual the people say arctic's a difficult one to sell considering it was the third most popular choice new behind silver/black.

Bear in mind the Renault Press cars/demonstrators and all the Race circuit cars were Albi Blue. That will have a massive impact on colour numbers.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Bear in mind the Renault Press cars/demonstrators and all the Race circuit cars were Albi Blue. That will have a massive impact on colour numbers.

True enough Dan...! I like it mainly because it stays clean for ages and has a nice stance in standard guise!

Im not worried about selling mine, because apart from being worth fcuk all anyway, its worth more to me than letting it go for washers.

Mk2 Monaco Blue 172
How much do i sell me 172 for?

Hi guys,

ive got 02plate Monaco blue just done 63000miles with full history, had cambelt done last year. Ok shes had 7 owners which i suppose is alot, but is quite a nice car.

Mods are only full stainless steel system and a set of 17" alloys.

Im not sure what to sell her for any ideas please guys?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

When i finally buy a house next year, I'll probably sell the 197 to add to my deposit. 172's are such good value at the mo ;)

R

random172

There's a sucker born every minute. (ME).
I just paid £3400 for a '53 black phase2 172 from a dealer. It was on the forecourt at 3995, but I went without the Tax, "extended" MOT and warranty just so I could have it RIGHT NOW!!
It was in minty condition bar a couple of minor parking dents and opening the door onto a wall, and a little fading on the drivers seat leather. The A/C isn't working either, but I have no regrets despite paying "miles over the odds". The missus fecking loves the car so it's all good.
It all depends on someone wanting a car when it's for sale that dictates the price.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F

2004 (04) Flamer,
service history (not full),
53k miles,
Will have full M.O.T.,
Belts done,
6months tax

It has a few things like braided lines, coilovers (have original suspension if that would help it sell), and a S/S exhaust.

Clio 182 + Cup Pack
Selling Value - 182

I have been trying for a while now to sell my other half's car but so far not had any offers that I take as sensible so thought I would check what you lot think its worth.

The car is an Arctic Blue 54 plate Clio 182 with both cup packs added.
It has 95k miles
Mot - October
Tax - September
Part service history (book is stamped in 2006, 2008, 2010)
Cambelt has been changed
Just had new discs, pads and bearings on the rear
Car is very clean, has one car park scratch from someone's door and then just stone chips.
Inside is almost spotless bar the 'melted' steering wheel.

So what is a fair price to ask for?

Clio Ph2 172

My beutiful car was crashed in late January this year and as result is now a CAT C. I fixed it and is faultless, but wonder what it would be worth if wanted to sell it. I expect to keep it as I wouldn't touch a CAT C so why would anyone else? I have a Ph2 02 plate 172 FF in iceburg silver.

-Genuine 24k on the clock, with FSH and all old MOT's to back it up.
-Just had both belts done, including tensioners and water pump using genuine Renault Parts.
-new rear discs and pads (genuine renault)
- Brembo HC discs and DS2000 pads at the front
- Lowered on Apex spings
- New tyres all round Yoko S drives on the front conti sport 3 on the back.

All round in exellent condition.

What you reckon it's worth, apart from keeping?

Clio Ph2 172

That's what I thought. Think i'll have it till one us doesn't work anymore then.

Out of interest, had it not been a CAT C, what would it of fetched?

Thanks,

None

Hello guys, Just trying to get an idea of a price my 182 might fetch when i sell it soon,
-BG 182
-both cup packs (i think, never been 100% sure of what they are and they weren't advertised when i bought it)
-54 plate
-41,000 miles
-belts done 7k miles ago by RS murray in leeds
-re mapped by paul at RS tuning in leeds
-just passed mot
-serviced up to this time last year and done by me last autumn
-air con does'nt get cold (two garages tried and failed to find leak)
-all else is fairly standard with only slight mods like black badges and a re covered dash top
-looked after and not ragged about (not by me anyway)

cheers guys just after a ball park figure for now, also what would i expect to get for it as a trade in on say a 10k van just out of interest? (lot less hassle to px than sell private)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

Prob 3850-4k on Private, 2850 on PX ( to a van only centre)- 3k ish on a car

Steve

225 Cup & Williams

Thinking about selling mine on for an Integra type r not sure what price I would put my ph1 up for as they vary in price so much,

W plate (2000) Ali bonnet,Shift light
120.000 miles
Recent cambelt + tensioners changed
Aux + tensioners changed
Waterpump Changed
Dephaser replaced

Bodywork is in near enough mint condtion
Immaculate interior + retrimmed steering wheel
F1's need a refurb
Cup spoiler
Sportline Springs
Brand new Toyo t1-r tyres all round
Itg panel filter
Samco 90' bend
Stainless steel exhaust (unknown make)
Skoda front splitter
6k H.i.d's

I was thinking just over 2k?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd say 2k at the most Stevo.

Interesting on the teg though! I need to drive one! ;)