ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How Long Till Your Next Car/Clio?

2 more years till uni's over then its a bigger engine for me:)
its my 1st car so its easy for me to decide what to get next. . .but for those who have faster cars how long would you keep it for? and is it as easy to decide what you want?

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
next feb/march for me hopefully, depending on emply ment, my millage should be coming down if i get this jobi'm going for as i'll need to use the trains so my insurance should be cheaper than for my clio! looking at a 1.6 C4 coupe derv ( loeb if ther is any left!). Or a megane sport hatch DCI 106 dynamique or what ever special edition they have going then.

LY R26
In a year or so I wanna move out, so Ill be selling the 172 Cup and getting a Saxo VTR (late model) so dirt cheap insurance, running costs, maintenence and road tax.
Goodbye Decent 16v power :(
I might consider another VTS but road tax on these is set to be a joke!

Shed.
Ive only just got ine. TBH i think im gunna stick with ti for 2-3 years.

Im hoping either for a twingo renaultport, or something a little more fun, im thinking a corsa SRI 1.8, stripping it and adding some other modifications.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Hopefully at the end of this summer, now I'm 21 insurance is coming down a bit *fingers crossed for keeping NCB - 5days left!* so will be looking at Golf GTi Turbo.

keep the megane till next summer then either tracksl@g it and buy a 172 orrrr buy a V8 mustang or laguna renaultsport/new meganesport :)

BMW M135i
Itching for an RS megane so when I find one thats what I want I might change, then again i'll wait if I can't.

Clio MK 4
i'm wierd and tend to keep my cars 3/4 years.

I got my 172 last june and to think people would be selling it very soon is mental to me. My car still feels new and havnt done the mods i wanted yet.

Planning on keepin my 182 for the forseeable future. Hoping to move in the missus in August and no plans yet but i prob wont change the car until a few yrs down the line when I need a bus.. eep..

106 GTi
If I could find a decent 106 GTi or 306 Rallye today, it would be up for sale tomorrow. Until I do it stays.

I usually change once a year so I never lose any money, I might keep this one abit longer I don't know yet depends on what job Im doing and the mileage involved. I certainly won't be doing anything until i ve got my yrs NCB off the Lupo and i am 21 (they coincide).

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Next year its a Honda Civic Type R EK 9, in champ white.

The Ph1 will only have 50k on her so she should sell pretty swiftly having being serviced 6 times already....

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Don't see myself changing the Vee soon. But then, if an oppertunity presents itself for a good deal on something awesome, then maybe :)

Dan

320d
Think i'm gona have to wait untill next semptember, i'm on my dads insurance currently and will be taking the car over fully in september and taking out insurance in my name on it then, got a years ncb i can use off my scooter so, if i manage a claim free year i should be able to get something decent at 19 with 2 years ncb.

Only another 17 months left with 75 bhp :(

LY V6 with Recaros
I've only just bought mine so don't plan on changing it for a while. I planned to keep my 182 for at least 3 years but only managed 2 and a half, so who knows! I always say I'll keep it but I'm easily tempted!

BG 182
I always keep the car until the point in where the value will depreciate due the milage..
This time next year i think the 172 will be gone =[

Octavia VRS
Looking at getting a new car sometime next year. Miss the CTR and it's only been gone for a week! Probably got something to do with driving the fiance's 1.2 Corsa :(

Dunno if I'll ever get another Clio, the 197 has grown on me tho

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Next Year I hope, May have to be the Year after depending if I start saving for a Mortgage, Hopefully be a Evo VIII or maybe a 350Z if I need a Newer Low Mileage Car

80MPG BEEZA
i think maybe another 2 years got a property/business to purchase, but tbh when the time comes i'll be 25 with 5 years ncb and should have plenty of cash but the questions remain on performance/fun/mpg/running costs in reality

a 600bhp+ clio tt would be my ideal project as i've already gathered info on a few things like custom competition driveshafts :)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
will have had the 197 for 2 years in novemeber. kinda tempted by another one as it fits the bill so well. maybe a FF 197 in white etc. but then i think i should not waste my money since my 197 will be 2 years old with 36k or so on the clock.

prob keep mine for another year to boost my savings.

but then there is the strong allure of the vee i want... :( lol

so in conclusion... who knows!!!

Mini Cooper S sport
2 more years till uni's over then its a bigger engine for me:)
its my 1st car so its easy for me to decide what to get next. . .but for those who have faster cars how long would you keep it for? and is it as easy to decide what you want?

About 7 more weeks for me - then hello 2.0 litre turbo :evil:

I've had the 182 for 3 years though, and still love it.

Another year or two for me, can't decide to wait till I've graduated to get a new car, or wait till I'm 21 and get and 2.0 clio.

Decisions, decisions.

RB 197 + Cup Pack
I've only just bought mine....plan on keeping it for 3 years or so depending on what else comes out. I planned on keeping my 172 Cup for 2 years and ended up having it for 4 1/2!

EP3 Civic Type R
I'm REALLY happy with the cup so don't mind putting some money into this for a few years and want an Evo 7/8 within the next 3 years max.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
2 years in may. That's when my finance is paid off (unless I come into a lot of money before that). Going to get a 197 or an Ibiza next....

mines got over 2years on the finance as much as id like a change their really isnt much to replace it with

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I'm planning on selling my williams in the next couple of months, as I want something a bit newer. I'm torn between getting a 182/182 Trophy or a 197. I keep changing my mind though so who knows. I want to find the best compromise between purchase cost/comfort/ fun value/ and running costs.

Don't want much then :S

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I'm planning on selling my williams in the next couple of months, as I want something a bit newer. I'm torn between getting a 182/182 Trophy or a 197. I keep changing my mind though so who knows. I want to find the best compromise between purchase cost/comfort/ fun value/ and running costs.

Don't want much then :S

For that list, it has to be a cheap 182 - £6.5k will get you a lovely, not old one - it'll depreciate the least, it's cost the least to buy/run/insure/fix and it'll be just as much fun 99.99% of the time.

Dan

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
About a week till it's bye bye Clio :S for money reasons, picking up a 206 gti hdi instead. Sahara yellow, quality colour. And it won't show the crap anything like as badly as black gold lol.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Good cars those GTi HDis - remappable nicely as well ;) Lots of kit as standard too.