ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you dry your cars?

Evo
Must b white cars then, never get drip marks.

If you use AutoGlym aqua wax right after you can apply it when wet and then buff it off, perfect finish for a 10 minute job!

Evo
Been using it for a year now and my paintworks still as new with no scratches or swirlmarks.

And as said before, driven not detailed!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Must b white cars then, never get drip marks.

If you use AutoGlym aqua wax right after you can apply it when wet and then buff it off, perfect finish for a 10 minute job!

+1 one, this stuff seems to work pretty good.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Do people rate this then? I may give it a try.

Does it not just get soaking wet though after you've got round like half the car?

And how much work does it take? (i.e. do you just wipe it over once and its done)

That should do the whole car, with just a quick wipe over.

bmw e92 330d '09
i often wonder how people dry there cars i use two soft tea towels! lmao! i would like to find an alternative two but atm the tea towels do a great job and thery're cheap as chips. :)

SG9 Forester STi
Im also for the Aquawax, gives a great finish with minimal effort...and it smells nice.

THIS IS THE DETAILING SECTION:S ffs

Eh! Calm down calm down! Or, in other words, what's the point. . .

p.s, had hour to spare on the train back from Edinburgh, written bits of the new guide, I'll pass it on tomorrow and we can go over it/post it up.

x

Porsche Boxster987S
Eh! Calm down calm down! Or, in other words, what's the point. . .

p.s, had hour to spare on the train back from Edinburgh, written bits of the new guide, I'll pass it on tomorrow and we can go over it/post it up.

x

what were you up here for matey??? yea fire it over on a pm x

C

clvs2222

AG blade is fab. Also AG aquawax is a to product when wet. just buff it dry

Titanium 182
"Warm the tyres" down to the bottom of the road hard on the brakes (Fun when they're wet and cold) and then back into the driveway.

Then dry with waffle drying towel!
Only problem is it chucks the brake dust from the inside of the wheels onto the outside so then need another rinse.

(Its a dead end road)

Agreed Russ.

The AG blades are fine . . . if you are 100% certain there is nothing on them, or on the paint work. Not worth the chance, have seen what marks they can cause.

182 (Conversion)
I use a CleanYourCar - Huge Drying Towel 38" x 28" just £9.95 along with some QD, either FK#425 or Chemical Guys Synthetic QD

IMO stay away from blades even if your surface is clean.