ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi From Fife, Scotland

Clio 172
Hey guys

For some reason i never saw this section when i made my first few posts so i thought i would just introduce myself in here as well. I am from a little village called Thornton which is between Kirkcaldy and Glenrothes and have only owned my 172 RS for about 3 weeks now i have to say i am loving it.

This is my first car and i have only had my license a month now but owning this car has been everything i wanted it to be. Driving never bothered me up until i started working where i am now but the 2 hour bus journey's just got too much for me so decided to go for it.

The car is in very good condition and is a 2002 with only 53k on the clock, i had to buy a new drivers side wing mirror due to the last owner hitting something in a car park but apart from that the car is good.

I have already purchased a replacement wing mirror, a set of eibach sportlines and next week i am buying a set of Kei force 10 gunmetal alloys and wheels, ( not sure what wheels yet though).

I wont be using the car for track days and its really only for work and recreational driving but in time i may look to make some more mods to the car to getting it running a bit faster, Depends on insurance though because even though i am 29, (30) in 3 days my insurance was still higher than i thought it would be.

I also Just recieved my cliosport members pack today so thanks for that cliosport and there is some links to pics below of the car as it sits now, need to wait for my mate to get back from the rigs before anything can be done.

Anyway just thought i'd introduce myself.

Steven

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh155/tafc10/CAR/172-2.jpg
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh155/tafc10/CAR/172-6.jpg
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh155/tafc10/CAR/172-5.jpg
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh155/tafc10/CAR/172-3.jpg
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh155/tafc10/CAR/172-4.jpg
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh155/tafc10/CAR/172-7.jpg

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Welcome mate! I'd just get the standard wheels powder coated to a colour of your choice, aftermarket wheels dont do the 172's any favours!

Clio 172
Well i like the anthracite or gunmetal colour but the wheels were kerbed when i bought them so they would need to be refurbed (my mate knows a guy who would powder coat for free for me) but i have being swaying back and forth on what to do, because i have never really been in to cars as such i am undecided. To me the wheels as they are look to small but that might change once i get the sportlines on.

The two front wheels are also remoulds so i am going to have to buy new tyres anyway but from what i have read so far on the site the consensus seems to be that 17's are to big and 16's seem to be a middle ground between handling and looks. I quite liked these alloys in 16's but they are really the only ones in 16's i like because the pro race 1.2 and turinis are so common, its not that i dont like them its just everyone seems to have them and i am also unsure if my alloys would turn out to great even after refurbed.

http://www.rimstyle.com/products/de...bet_lv4_an;model=702;id=BOLV4AN16707041009720

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2208

If i was to keep the standard alloys on the car and just get tyres what would guys suggest i could use the money on next? Exhaust?

All suggestions are welcomed

Last edited:

AK

M240i
Welcome.

Insurance must be a bit expensive?

(Unless you're very old :rasp:)

Just kidding fella :)!

MK2PH2
Welcome, car looks tidy mate liking the colour, standard wheels in anthracite would look spot on.

Clio 172
Welcome.

Insurance must be a bit expensive?

(Unless you're very old :rasp:)

Just kidding fella :)!

Still a young pup at 30 mate ;)

Welcome, car looks tidy mate liking the colour, standard wheels in anthracite would look spot on.

I might keep my eyes open for a set of standard wheels that are in better condition but i agree anthracite would look spot on

AK

M240i
Renault dealers is the best bet mate, think they're around £45?

Crazy for a bit of plastic lol!

Clio 172
Ha good stuff, bit of a bargain if you got it for less than the 3K :)

Yeah i am happy

Good people to deal with no problems.

The car has the usual few stone chips but its a 8yr old car so i expected it, possibly in time i may get the paint work touched up but no complaints.

Clio 172
all good.

few driving meets coming up.

A823/ crieff/ braco stuff like that

Its looking like me and my mate might be heading up to crieff, he mentioned it the other day so looking forward to it providing the shifts at my work dont screw me over.

nice colour...

only thing that would worry me is the wrong grill on the front? any info in the service history regarding accident damage??

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Its looking like me and my mate might be heading up to crieff, he mentioned it the other day so looking forward to it providing the shifts at my work dont screw me over.

watch out for speed camera vans, but some great roads, maybe not ideal in icy weather, but early april we will have a few options on table.

Clio 172
nice colour...

only thing that would worry me is the wrong grill on the front? any info in the service history regarding accident damage??

Just checked it mate and everything is all clear, it has had 7 owners though so thats maybe why it was so cheap.

I know that hpi check is something that should be done before you buy but at the time i was desperate for a car for work so took a chance and thank f**k its clear and everything is as it should be.

I was s**tting a brick when i did the check :S.

Clio 172
Welcome mate, i'm just along the road in G/rothes.

Have some family and work colleagues in Thornton.

Cheers bud

I will probably know them if they have been in thornton for a while, seems like a real good community on this forum.

Glad i joined

Nissan 200sx
I was looking at buying that clio, tried phoning her a couple times regardign the car but got no answer back

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
Hi mate welcome. Im just in c/den. been on here a while but rarely post.

if you are wanting to do mods to it get a set of matched inlets, a good exhaust and some sort of induction system and if wanted an RS Tuner.

It will shift a bit better then and doesnt cost alot of money.

Only negative thing i can say about the clio's is they tend to go through plenty wheel bearings on the rear

Thanks, Kev

Clio 172
Welcome! I'm not far from you either, got a few friends in Thornton too :)

Name and shame lol

Hi mate welcome. Im just in c/den. been on here a while but rarely post.

if you are wanting to do mods to it get a set of matched inlets, a good exhaust and some sort of induction system and if wanted an RS Tuner.

It will shift a bit better then and doesnt cost alot of money.

Only negative thing i can say about the clio's is they tend to go through plenty wheel bearings on the rear

Thanks, Kev

Cheers mate

Been trying to get in contact with JMS about the induction setup they have listed on here but i've had no reply to my posts or my emails, maybe just cause its the weekend though.

An exhaust system and an RStuner is definitely on my list but i have a few things that i want to do to the exterior first, alloy refurb, powder coated and bullets and wing mirrors done then the rest will folow.

Stoddie is from Glenrothes, he's a rowdy c**t. Watch out for him!

Thing about this area is you have probably seen peoples faces before at some point you just cant remember their names. From what i have noticed so far eeryone seems sound enough on here

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
lol everyone seems to want to paint their side bullets! i done mines as they were a bit scruffy. theres pics of it on here somewhere. i went for gunmetal with yellow writing to go with the yellow calipers and the OZ super t's that i still aint got yet.

One other thing if you ever run into trouble with the car just give me a shout i have a fault code reader/eraser in my glovebox lol, its worked wonders for me the past couple months.

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
yeah we do! i have only ever been on one last year and ended up losing everybody but will be good to get to another one.