ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HI all, I am Marque, I am new here and need some advice from anyone willing to help me resolve some of my car issues

2001 Clio 1.6 k4m
Hi I am new to the forum, my name is Marque.
I have a beautiful little Clio 1.6 16v 2001 model (K4M) and need some advice on resolving a few small issues on the car, any help and advice will be appreciated.

4 issues namely
1) I fitted a new clutch cable, but the clutch is very stiff, any advice please?

2) I need to replace the thermostat housing, my vehicle has a screw in sensor with a 3 pin plug and all I can find is 2 and 4 pin sensor plugs (Though I would love to buy the original part from the dealer), I am disabled and the cost is 10x that of aftermarket parts (I simply cannot afford it on my pension)

3) Fan at the radiator does not seen to be coming on

4) I have a clanging/rattling noise eminating from the left front of the car, but can't seem to find anything loose that would cause it.

Any advice on the above appreciated

Please keep in mind that I have little money to spend as I am on a very small disability pension

Clio 197,with megan'
Hi Marque, check the fuse for the fan. Ask Ash Gourley on megane sport Facebook, as he is always breaking cars, about the thermostat. If you don't get an answer on here, try clio197.net. Hope this helps.

2001 Clio 1.6 k4m
Thank you for the advice, I will do and get back to the forum, as I don't see myself getting everything sorted overnight, the car is almost in mint condition, so I wouild prefer to ensure all issues are sorted