ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

has any one wired up there flash with their fog lights

Elise S1 B&C 140
I might give it a go this weekend if I can purchase a suitable relay. Will post up the results if i get round to it. Might investigate the lights on when unlocking mod further aswell.

Elise S1 B&C 140
Does this mean his headlights come on every time he opens the door? I could see it being useful if they come on when the car unlocks.

Also when the interior light fades off again do the lights go back off? And when you lock the car do the lights turn back off?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Can't believe that someone posted about this. I'd been thinking of the same thing for ages - even back to the days of my PGGT because the fogs were so fecking bright!

Sounds like a very good idea to me. But I have the technical ability of a slightly moist dog-turd when it comes to electrics.

D.

Da

Less
With regards Dutty's mod, the headlights will not come on when he opens his door as there is two separate feeds to the courtesy light. One from the central locking (the one to use) and one from the door switches (not to be used).

As for the fog light mod, beechey I can possibly do you a diagram of the basics but without trying it personally I can't accept any responsibility.

PH1 172 Sport
Any chance of one for the courtesy light mod? It would be really useful for me as where I live is in the middle of nowhere with no lighting so finding my way to the car (about 50m) at night is interesting!

Just a thought would this whole thing not be easier just to put a diode across both input pins of the relays. for example from pin 85 of the headlight relay to pin 85 of the fog light relay. this would then use the factory looms :)

PH1 172 Sport
Just a thought would this whole thing not be easier just to put a diode across both input pins of the relays. for example from pin 85 of the headlight relay to pin 85 of the fog light relay. this would then use the factory looms :)

Definately sounds the best way of doing it and that was my origninal plan but I dont have a clue what wires need to be linked together!

Recaro Black Gold 182
Eagerly waiting, I've sent dutty_112 three PM's about this to see if he can tell me what he plugged where etc, but he has ignored them to date :(

Da

Less
Well without going into detail, Dutty's is quite simple really... you just need a remote feed from the correct +ve in the courtesy light to the remote pin of the headlight relay.

The fog light one is as simple as linking the 2 relays but you'll need a diode or it will work in reverse also (switching fogs on will give you full beam!).

But I understand that's probably not much use! ;)

Recaro Black Gold 182
Well without going into detail, Dutty's is quite simple really... you just need a remote feed from the correct +ve in the courtesy light to the remote pin of the headlight relay.

Yeah, that's the one I'm after, its just a case knowing which is the right +ve and which is the remote pin on the relay, lol!

your mum
DSC00287.jpg

;)

oh dear...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
The setup still works well with either IMO as the fog lights tend to light up the verges well. Extremely useful if you live near alot of single track lanes as i do - Useful mod tbh

But the point of fog-lights as has been pointed out is that they throw out a wide and very short spread of light to be used in extreme conditions and at low speed.

Unless you drive everywhere down these country lanes at less than 20mph, the extra light gained from fog lights gives you no 'help' whatsoever.

What benefit could you possibly get from having clear visibility of a verge 20ft ahead of you. Before you can even think about the area that's lit up, you've passed it (unless you're crawling along).

The only extra benefit gained would be if those extra lights threw the light forwards and up the road adding to your main beam...i.e. proper additional driving lights.

Recaro Black Gold 182
I'm just interested in the Xenon's coming one when I unlock the car, I understand that its relatively simple, but I just need to know where to plug the wires to and from.

I need to know what the correct +ive of the interior light is and which exact pin on the headlight relay?

Da

Less
;) sorry but it's dark when I get home from work and I'm doing 7 days a week at present. My next day off isn't untill the 26th of this month so will try and sort it! :)

Recaro Black Gold 182
8 Days da! ;)

I had a bash at mine today, I ran a feed from the Red cable of the interior light to the middle pin of the headlight relay.

Now... i got mixed results, mainly the lights were just flickering, once they functioned how i wanted them to, but I'm thinking the poor results may have been down to the cable i was using, and ideas as what a decent one to use might be. It needs to be quite flexible to slide in with the relay pin.

I bought this from Maplin, in hind sight i think it's too small to cope...

Click

would something like this be better...

Click

PH1 172 Sport
Surely all the wire from the interior light should do is trigger the relay. Its sounds like the headlights are being powered by the interior light hence the flickering????

Recaro Black Gold 182
Hmmm. Well there are three cables from the interior light.

Red, Black, White. The only one that gave the desired effect was the Red. Presumably that's the +ive

PH1 172 Sport
Yeah but is it the right pin on the relay?

BTW I'm not critising as when I looked I couldn't figure it out! I'm just making suggestions!!

Recaro Black Gold 182
Yeah but is it the right pin on the relay?

BTW I'm not critising as when I looked I couldn't figure it out! I'm just making suggestions!!

I just worked on a process of elimination! There are 5 pins in total, 3 in a line at the bottom, 1 in the middle on 1 at the top. In a sort of T shape.

The middle one is the correct pin. The most annoying thing is dutty_112 has done it but won't offer any help!