ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

has any one wired up there flash with their fog lights

Recaro Black Gold 182
Hmmm, so so, trying to sort out my xenons to come on when I unlock my car.

If only there were someone who might be able to help ;)

Just be very careful with the interior light, i wired mine up to switch on interior leds when i first got the car, and if you look at the wiring loom diagrams you will see a black box that controls all the electronics (cant remember what its called) but it is only supposed to deal with the current of an interior light, and if too much current is drawn you will kill the box controlling central locking, and immobiliser and so on. So when i did it used a relay on the interior light to switch on a 12v feed to drive other relays. I would advise this when doing the "dutty mod" rather than just using the straight feed, as if you have the interior light on for a long time, it may do damage with heat!!

Da

Less
Alien, there will be no extra current drawn as all that the interior light will be doing is switching the relay coil, not actually powering the headlights.

Da

Less
I've had a good look at this today yeah, the only problem I found is that the interior light +ve feed is permanent and the door switch switches one return (-ve) and the central locking switches the second return (-ve).
There doesn't seem to be the two +ve feeds there as I originally said, basing that on my experience with my 1.2.

I'm not sure if the looms are different (can't imagine they are) but I'm struggling to understand this one?

As for the relay, it looks to be terminals 85 and 86 are the coil switching the headlights on. Connecting a feed to the coil from the interior light should be straight forward, I simply fear that switching the headlights on will bring on the courtesy light too. :S

Some sort of switching circuit must be required.

Alien, there will be no extra current drawn as all that the interior light will be doing is switching the relay coil, not actually powering the headlights.

Yes i totally agree with that! was just giving a warning incase they wired it wrong, as someone had said earlier they thought the interior light was powering there headlights, and with 2 55 watt bulbs! the current being drawn is well over what should be drawn on the interior light.

106 gti, RB 182 cup
hey guys im also trying to do this mod is there any progress in wiring it up correctly?

Thanks James

Clio 1.6 16v 2000
so, u could wire the headlights to the indicator to get a flash in time with the indicators but the draw back would be that they'd turn on when u lock and unlock the car.
bit of a sparkys job, but id imagine (as other cars have this), when u unlock the car you "wake up" a main control unit or units? maybe attaching a positive remote feed to this from the engine fuse box would then light up the headlights when unlocking the vehicle. what effect youd have on the conmtrol units or while the vehicle is in use, i dont know. only a suggestion tho....

.... could jus try harder to remember where u parked the car??

white leon cupra R
my next door neighbour has said he will do it for me lol, just gotta actually get him to come round now

Black Gold Trophy
I dont understand this at all, surely if you want more light while on full beam you can just put the foglamps on aswell, it only takes the flick of a switch?

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Dont see the point in the fog flash mod, but dutty's mod... i like!

Someone has gotta do a little guide for it or pester dutty until he explains how to do it.
Just hoping it only comes on when unlocking the car and not just switching on the interior light...

E92 M3
why dont you just turn your fog on when u put ya high beam on

they only way i would do this is if i didnt hav fog in a standard and i wanted to put them in

PH1 172 Sport
Dont see the point in the fog flash mod, but dutty's mod... i like!

Someone has gotta do a little guide for it or pester dutty until he explains how to do it.
Just hoping it only comes on when unlocking the car and not just switching on the interior light...

Yeah i want this too