ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GTR2 Downloads

Macau, taken from Race is out here

And a texture update. nogrip

I'd heard it was out the other day, but couldn't find it. Glad they put that texture update on nogrip.

I'd hurry as it might get taken down.

Megane Trophy
Oulton, Knockhill, Coombe, Thruxton, Silv Nat, Donnington should all be added when you install the BGT pack!

When you choose the main directory to unzip the BGT mod, makew sure it just says C:GTR2 etc, if you click the gtr2 part then it will say C:GTR2/GTR2 and then it wont work correctly!!

Morgan Aero 8 round Oulton Park GP - 1.36.5 if i remember correctly!

I use a £5 adapter from ebay and my ps2 controller! If you think its too sensitive then drive the in car view and you will understand why!

You have to roll the analog stick over slowly and you will see the drivers hands move the wheel smoothly. Or otherwise he just piles on full lock at each corner and then you get heaps of understeer and then crash!!

So just do a few laps in car view to understand where you are!

Oulton, Knockhill, Coombe, Thruxton, Silv Nat, Donnington should all be added when you install the BGT pack!

I use a £5 adapter from ebay and my ps2 controller! If you think its too sensitive then drive the in car view and you will understand why!

Oulton isn't in the BGT mod, you have to get it seperately, that gives you 2 versions, Fosters GP and International.

As for steering sensitivity, try this...

Sensitivity: 10%
Dead Zone: 5%
Speed Adjustment (or whatever it's called): 75%

Worked well for me, changed to a 360 pad last night though and it's a dream, fantastic analogue acceleration and braking on the rear triggers.

A4 Avant
So are we going for:

Morgan Aero 8, Oulton Park GP?

I'm going to go try and set a time now.

Just tried a quick half hour, not too bad to say only the second time I've played it:
gtr1.jpg

Last edited:
1:36.something.
did a screen shot then stupidly copied and pasted some txt!!!.

I'll do it again tomoz.

Knock off the traction control, you pickup about 3-4 seconds.

BG182®
blimey!! i bought this game today!! its the dogs b****cks, much better than WTCC and Toca. shame it sbloody addictive cause i need sleep :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
blimey!! i bought this game today!! its the dogs b****cks, much better than WTCC and Toca. shame it sbloody addictive cause i need sleep :)

You could easily hand over half of your life to GTR2. There are few games out there which keep you planted in your seat and make you strive to get better and better.

There's nothing better than thinking you've done a great lap and then seeing that 'New fastest lap' message appear. And there's nothing worse than when you think you've done a great lap....... and then fluff it up on the last corner!

D.

Alright guys, make this interesting.

Macau in the E90 ETCC car as thats a hard drive, you'll have to download the mods though.

You'll also have to make sure you're all running the same versions, as there's atleast two different versions of Macau and the E90 BMW mod was updated to v1.1 Final two days ago.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The Macau track seems to be getting some good reviews. Looking forward to this one.

Anyone got some other decent recommendations for alternative cars?

D.

Anyone got some other decent recommendations for alternative cars?

D.

Of the released alternative cars, I'd say the E90 BMW is the best, as everything else is either at a beta stage of a straight convert from GTR, but I find the McLaren F1GTR LT alot of fun, as is the Corvette C6R. It's just a case of waiting for the better add on cars.

But for lots of different car mods you might be better looking at rFactor, theres loads out for that(Clio cups, Zondas, Caterhams, Berlingos, Karts, F1(1979 and 2005) and more) somebody even converted all the GTR2 cars into it.

not been able to get the C6 to work even after following all the instructions :(

But the E90 is a drift hero, not enough lock though.

And the F1GTR is an understeer hero :(

I used to have that problem with the F1GTR. I found the default setup has too much forward brake bias for me and I have to change the diff too. Now it slids around nicely.

tried alot, but its still not a pointy car, its kinda boring to drive as you cant chuck it in.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just gave Macau a go. Great start and finish, but the rest I feel like I'm on the run from the law down some alley-way. ;)

I've fecked my installation up too by adding cars left right and centre. Clearly one of them is corrupt and crashes the PC back to desktop.

Think I'll stick with the original GTR2 loadout from now on - at least I know that lot works!

D.

Der Panzer
Can I ask what controllers everyone is using for this game?

I've recently acquired a copy and the keyboard simply doesn't hack it. Would a PS2 style controller do the job?

Just gave Macau a go. Great start and finish, but the rest I feel like I'm on the run from the law down some alley-way. ;)

I've fecked my installation up too by adding cars left right and centre. Clearly one of them is corrupt and crashes the PC back to desktop.

Think I'll stick with the original GTR2 loadout from now on - at least I know that lot works!

D.

If you're having trouble with a suspected rouge car. Find the .exe you use to start the game, right click on it and go to properties, then the shortcut tab and in the target box add -trace=1000(with a space) then when the game CTD's or whatever goto X:\GTR2\UserData\LOG, there you'll find a .txt document and inside it'll list what the game is doing and from that you'll be able to see what it couldn't load/had problems with.

That's how I find out what cars are causing CTD's and than it's usually a quick edit of the .car file in notepad to fix it. :)

@AndyA4 I use a Logitech MOMO wheel, which I regret buying everytime I use it. It's rubbish, cheap pedals, cheap pots, horrible auto calibration system which for me causes a floating centre on the wheel(after 3/4 of a lap I have to hold the wheel at 10 to to keep the car straight).

Not really had time to get a lap in for anything as I've been busy making some cars and organising a cup on GTL.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the comments, Rum. Almost like doing SQL traces at work!!!

Andy - I still use my old Microsoft Sidewinder FF wheel. Works great, but I'm thinking it's getting a bit beyond it's best now.

Ben uses a game-pad and still owns the rest of us. ;) I'm still not bored with the Donny track yet...

D.

Megane Trophy
Bathurst is too bloody hard!

It took me about 4-5 hours to learn it decent enough to beat the opposotion on 115%

Holy moly Bathhurst is fun!

Got a problem with all the stock cars bottoming out and flipping the car though.

Laptime at bathurst in a, erm.......bmw Mcoupe?

Der Panzer
I ended up in the Loch on the Loch Rannoch course. :(

Anyone know if there are any Audi mods for this game. :eek:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Holy moly Bathhurst is fun!

Got a problem with all the stock cars bottoming out and flipping the car though.

Laptime at bathurst in a, erm.......bmw Mcoupe?

I'll be on tonight with Bathurst & the M-Coupe. Assuming GTR2 doesn't crash!

Failing that, I'll be back on Donny with the M-Coupe....

D.

yea, bathhurst crashed for me until i moved the files that were outside the folder, to inside the folder.

Now it rocks.