ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GTR2 Downloads

unfortunately its all just new skins and crap, no actual new cars or modified ones. WEll, there are 2 modified ones but they are crap.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I can't understand why they (simBin & 10Tacle) have done all the ground-work for a truly excellent game and then fail to follow it up with exapnsion packs? Surely if the mechanics in the game are spot-on and graphics engine is sound, why not keep the fans happy with some more cars & tracks?

Seems a bit of a wasted opportunity to me.

D.

GTR4U(german) Lots of stuff there, even the BMW E90 mod(new car) and the VW Mk1 Golfs. Why not goto Race Sim Central and look in the GTR2 section for something called WSGT mod, there's a link in it to download a beta version of the mod which includes Mclaren F1GTR longtail, 'Vette C6, Ultima GTR and Lotus GT1. The full version will even include the DBR9, Zonda, 911 GT1, Merc CLK GTR and a few others I can't remember.

And if you have rFactor try this site rFactor central.

Don't forget that you can can the Aussie V8 mod from No grip, if you've not tried it.

Last edited:
Oh and thisGerman site has lots of track. But remember some of the tracks might not work properly for racing, by that I mean the pace car can park itself on the grid and cause havoc. I found the Isle of Man GP course on there.

And if you go in the forum on that site you can find a link to a mod which will let you use the cars from GTL, but the physics and stuff are off, for example the Mini comes with about 400BHP.

*EDIT* Found a link for WSGT mod as it's hard to find at RSC and the mod makers webby has exceeded it's bandwidth for the month. Some Aussie link

Last edited:
Was looking for stuff today, and came across this French site and found a car i liked, now it's alittle shiny and the brakelights are a bit off as it's a GTR conversion. You will have to register though.

I'd better show you what I'm on about. :)

RUM0831.gif

This isn't the DBR9 from the WSGT mod. But I couldn't wait for that.

Looked everywhere for this game in Bath today and couldn't find it anywhere, shame it isn't on Steam (RACE is).

Looking online it's sold out on Play and not available on Gameplay. Where else can I try? £29 with "dispatched within 14 days" on Tesco Ent!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
that looks like a gash model!

when are we going to play more challenges?

We need to setup a monthly challenge. One track and a choice of two cars. Each with screenshot proof of what you've achieved.

I think for simplicity's sake, the cars should remain standard (with the exception of tyre choice) and be filled with 10 laps worth of fuel.

A monthly challenge would be good as it would give people time to learn and make the best of both the car and the circuit. Also, not everyone can (or wants) to pump in an hour or two, here and there into a game.

Anyone else got suggestions they could add? Apart from BenR being banned from all Porsches in the game? :rasp:

D.

that looks like a gash model!

when are we going to play more challenges?

We need to setup a monthly challenge. One track and a choice of two cars. Each with screenshot proof of what you've achieved.

I think for simplicity's sake, the cars should remain standard (with the exception of tyre choice) and be filled with 10 laps worth of fuel.

A monthly challenge would be good as it would give people time to learn and make the best of both the car and the circuit. Also, not everyone can (or wants) to pump in an hour or two, here and there into a game.

Anyone else got suggestions they could add? Apart from BenR being banned from all Porsches in the game? :rasp:

D.

lol

It only takes 5 mins to fire up the game and set a laptime :p

But apart from that, cool idea!

But have several challenges going, not just one.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
^^^^ - I'm just thinking that if we have several challenges going on at once Ben, then people will just loose track of what car & what track combo and just ignore it.

Maybe still keep to one track / two car choice, but change it to a weekly challenge? I agree, it doesn't take that long to set one challenge up! Do a Monday morning to Monday morning time scale?

D.

sounds good, but we'll have to keep propping up the thread or it'll get lost lol.

Probably only be about 5 people playing anyway....if were lucky

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
sounds good, but we'll have to keep propping up the thread or it'll get lost lol.

Probably only be about 5 people playing anyway....if were lucky

Ok - let's get the ball rolling. I think I'll have to get the unlocked tracks setup (using that SDNDTG.DYN file creation - assuming it works?) and start from there. What's the first track on the list?

D.

Just ordered it (£18 new) so I will be up for some challenges, no steering wheel here though so I may be struggling!

Is it likely to run nicely on this..?

Athlon 3000XP
2Gb RAM
Radeon X1950 Pro

3 year old rig with new AGP graphics card, GT Legends runs beautifully maxed out so I assume GTR2 won't be a problem.

Dont worry, i dont run a steering wheel either.

I run mine on an alienware laptop and have no issues.

Megane Trophy
The british GT mod is by far the best one for me. Especially as over the last few years ive watched the racing and know a few of the drivers as mates.

Adelaide, Bathurst, Silverstone GP, Oulton Park GP, SPA, Donnington GP, Monza, are my favourites.

Cadwell, Knockhill and Thruxton are pretty fun to drive in a saleen for example as is castle combe.

The british GT mod is by far the best one for me. Especially as over the last few years ive watched the racing and know a few of the drivers as mates.

Adelaide, Bathurst, Silverstone GP, Oulton Park GP, SPA, Donnington GP, Monza, are my favourites.

Cadwell, Knockhill and Thruxton are pretty fun to drive in a saleen for example as is castle combe.

Whats the british GT mod?
And someone put together a zip of all those tracks! lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Man - if the mod does Oulton Park justice, I'll be wiping man-mayo off the screen in no time...

ukaskew - you should be fine with those specs m8. I tried running it on my XP3200 system with an older 9800 Pro card in and that was fine for the most part. The killers in terms of in-game graphics are the hi-detail cars, rain and the number of cars on track. Heavy rain makes the graphics card render the spray-effects too - which can cause a performance hit too.

D.

Megane Trophy
The GTs round Oulton Park are awesome.
The Ferrari of Tim Mullen and Kinch is a little too fast even on 120% difficulty.

I prefer to be in the eclipse mosler of Phil Keen (a 172 and 5 turbo owner)
Thats much more challenging and have to get everything spot on for the perfect lap!

Google - nogrip gtr downloads i get all my tracks there!

Got the game today, trying to update to 1.1 but the file from the official site (RAR file) keeps saying it is corrupt when I download it. Trying the Atari site now but it's slower than this place ffs!

^^^ Now done.

Which pad are you guys using for those without a wheel? My PS2 + Smartjoy combo really sucks for GTR2, can't find any sensitivity settings that are of any use whatsoever.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
^^^^ - using my old museum-piece of a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback wheel and pedals. Not as good as the best stuff out there, but it does the job ok. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, eh? :cool:

D.

I have no space at all for a wheel, not happening sadly.

Got myself a wired Xbox 360 pad this evening and now got it running on my PC, much better.