ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GTR2 Downloads

Can I ask what controllers everyone is using for this game?

Microsoft 360 Control Pad, I've not got a 360 but couldn't find a better PC pad than that so I bought a wired one. Don't need to buy the more expensive PC boxed version, the 360 one works just fine.

Settings are the most important thing with a pad, these work superbly...

Steering: 10 (Deadzone: 6)
Throttle: 25 (Deadzone: 0)
Brakes: 25 (Deadzone: 0)
Clutch: 20 (Deadzone: 0)
Speed: 75

mcoupe.jpg

yea, it does look cool.

got the elise in spitfire colours aswell, but shame its so boring.

ANybody got any times yet? i'm bored

Der Panzer
Hmm. I can install tracks fine. Adding cars seems to F up my game though, it crashes back to desktop. Any ideas?

I know it will be an End User Malfunction.

A4 Avant
gtr2.jpg

Had a quick hour playing. I adjusted my controller settings to those shown above and it knocked 15 seconds off my laptime! LOL. I could prob get it down another 1 or 2 seconds with a bit more practice. Still way off Bens time. The back of the car keeps stepping out braking into corners. I've changed the brake bias more towards the front, is there anything else I can try?

gtr2.jpg

Had a quick hour playing. I adjusted my controller settings to those shown above and it knocked 15 seconds off my laptime! LOL. I could prob get it down another 1 or 2 seconds with a bit more practice. Still way off Bens time. The back of the car keeps stepping out braking into corners. I've changed the brake bias more towards the front, is there anything else I can try?

You need to trail brake quite accuartely in the car, brake balance has little to do with it.

Careful over the mountain section and stay in 3rd as opposed to 2nd so your not spinning the wheels so much, and when braking dont change down until just before the corner or the rear steps out easier.

Maybe we should start uploading our replays.

A4 Avant
The corner I'm really struggling with is the 3rd. I take the first part in 3rd and then brake and change down into 2nd ready for when it tightens. The moment I even feather the brakes the back steps out. Really frustrating me now, it making me very inconsistent.

How do you save the replays in an uploadbale format?

A4 Avant
gtr3.jpg

Starting to get there now. I've gained 0.5 seconds on two different corners on seperate laps so if I can put them bothe together I could knock another second off easily!

Managed to dial the car in better so braking doesn't upset the rear so much. Increased front tyre pressure and spring rate, reduced rear anti roll bar.

stiff rear soft front = oversteer, vice versa for understeer.

The 3rd corner is a good one, come out of the second corner in 3rd, hit 4th up the hill, just cut the kink so that you can brake in a straight line for a little bit, shift down 2 gears, use the oversteer to scrub speed rather than braking and hold a constant throttle which allows you to tigten your angle upto the apex, which you can then add countersteer and full throttle out of the corner.......ala in the pic i posted.

Its a complicated circut, but good fun.

A4 Avant
It's frustrating when you nail the third corner (i've been a second up on my best lap at this point) only to throw it all away coming back down the mouintain! Sounds like I'm using a similar technique to you, I just need to get a bit more practice with the way the cars handle.

It is a fun circuit, I've done about 50 laps today and I'm still enjoying it!

mcoupebathwets.jpg

Thats the best time i can get with full wets on........they only last a lap and tend to pop right on the last corner, so you cant get a running start.

A4 Avant
^^ Your still quicker than me with full wets!!

Is there much difference between soft and medium tyres? Just realised i've been using mediums.

A4 Avant
Nigel, I think you get more 'assitance' if you're in Novice mode too. If you up it to Semi-Pro mode, the aids aren't there, but you can push the car more.

D.

I didn't even realise! LOL. Makes my time even worse. Back to practising then!

Mazda MX5 1.8
i just keep rolling it over the walls lol

got a 2:21 so far. back stepping out all over the place coming down the hill like a right bugger!! lol grrrrrrrrr

Head up for you. There's a beta version of the Le Mans prototypes out here also an F1 2005 mod(scroll to bottom of the page to see download links). I don't know how good they are as I'm downloading it now.

Quick screenie.

audir8.jpg

Der Panzer
Is there some other way to affect the sensativity of the controller?

I've tried the in-game options but it's still rediculously sensitive.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Random post.....

Managed 1.14.8 at Donny short circuit in a standard 911 GT3. Standard fuel load and with soft slicks in all corners.

I have also consumed several bottles of the "King of Beers" - so that might actually improve my lap time! ;)

GTR2Pic-1.jpg

D.

i use a logitech rumble pad2, its all about how smooth you are with your fingers on the analogue controls.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Getting to REALLY like that Enna Pergusa track, though I jumped in at the deep end with a 911 GT2. That thing takes no prisoners...

I do think that of the top-powered cars, the Saleen is the most 'respectable' and one that you can handle ok. Except on certain occasions....

GTR22Pic.jpg

D.