ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GTR Modding time

MY10 R35 GTR
How's the MPGs compared to your Evo m8?? :) ​D.

errrr. As it stands with the stage 4 on a motorway run I can just still get 270 miles to a tank. It's a 74 litre tank.
m

Think the average is very high teens to low twenties, I haven't played around with the boost levels or anything to find an Eco mode.

​got adjustable boost on each of the four fuel maps.

MY10 R35 GTR
Launch control test

null_zpsb481a352.png

Clio 182 FF
This is a stunning car! Love the colour too! I would love one of these or even just a sit in one lol.

S4 Avant
0-60 in 2.77 seconds and 100 in 5? Absolutely insane figures.

Surely not useable on the majority of UK roads?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Oh so it's accurate, not just some random shitty app. Lol
Lol lovely car, can't help but think you'd prefer an RS6! Wanna swap? ;)

MY10 R35 GTR
Had the car back from Litchfields for 2 months now and it just gets better.

Love the extra power and the howl from the Russ Fellows system (with DPs).

Pagid RS pads with the 400mm Alcon dics are awesome, serious bit all of the time even from cold.

But I have to admit I wasnt overly sure about the MPSS, in the wet they are awesome. But going for spirited drives in the dry I found my self unsure about what the car was doing and how it was handling.

Today my faith is restored!! I usually just keep the car in normal mode for suspension as R mode with the run flats was silly hard, but today I went for a run with R mode on. WOW!!! So much more poised and direct!

LOVE IT!!!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
beautiful car and everything about it is spot on, but the plates, they look like they are of a 1994 nova at tescos ;)

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
Had mine since may and loving it , what a bonkers car ! Changed the wheels and tyres on mine to mpss and BC 2 piece , tyres are as good as the original bridgestones.
i have also fitted a Russ fellows system but without the dp's , sounds awesome !

null_zps56734a55.jpg

mine is stage 1 and goes well , I can't imagine what they are like going on 1000 hp !

MY10 R35 GTR
Looks great Ian,

you on the gtr forum?

russ fellows system with DPs is even more awesome. He fitted a wee silencer into mine to ensure I would be ok for track

MY10 R35 GTR
Need to get it dyno'd but stage 4 without downpipes is 620. Hopefully with DPs I'll have a wee bit more

MY10 R35 GTR
No updates mods wise.

Did the Track Scotland Sprint at the weekends and won my Class and got fastest time overall.

Wee vid.

Note: wasnt a full launch due to distance to first corner. And the vid was of my second fastest time. 1.08.56. My fastest was a 1.07.10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScxgfT9tEAw

MY10 R35 GTR
Shame the speaker on camera didn't pick up sound properly.

Didn't have time to get camera sorted for outside footage

MY10 R35 GTR
Looks awesome mate! Do these suffer from any known issues?

Like most cars theres a couple, but it depends on what age your looking at.

Mostly all GTRs suffer from a rattling bell housing, it wont cause damage but its just very annoying. Warranty fix.

Couple of folk have had circlips on the gearboxes snap when launching, but that was more on very early models.

Misting up from head light. Warranty Fix

Clicking from the wheels. Re-torque the wheels to new advised torque.

None of its major

MY10 R35 GTR
New Years ands few mods planned.

New front seats, never been keen on the standard ones. My mrs GT86 seat give more support than the GTR ones so on the look out for replacements. Litchfields have a couple of options.

added cooling for the transmission and engine.

All booked up to do the GTROC sprint series this year, first round at castle Combe at the end of March :)

MY10 R35 GTR
Thought I'd give this a wee update.

cars been on two trackdays this year and has been great. But not without issues, ran out of brakes on the first one. So changed the brake fluid and upgraded it to Castrol SRF. Amazing difference, brake pedal it 100% more positive and less sqidgy.

So happy with the brakes etc I went to the second day fully prepared. First few sessions were good, getting used to the brake feel. Managed a 58.5 with a passenger which I don't think is too bad.

But then on my 4th run there was a horrible vibrating noise coming from the car when I hit the brakes. :-(. Brought the car in and found this
IMAG0013_zpsu1tsa4us.jpg

IMAG0017_zpsgckpdb6h.jpg

IMAG0019_zpsbf0kbini.jpg

IMAG0022_zps5iefxxd0.jpg

Needless to say it was day over. I have had emails from the supplier and his dealer that fitted it and they're both blaming each other, ones blaming rubbish quality, the other bad fitment. Only offer I've had is a new one at cost! Why they think I would want another I don't know. It cost £1k in the first place and that doesn't include fitting.

Anyway I have a new one on order with JCR and it's been developed for track use. :)