ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Lexus!

That looks awesome in a subtle way. Bet handles better now.

Looks great Steve. Really subtle change but lifts the whole look of the car.

Much better now, nice work! ?

That really looks smart now Steve!

Thanks very much all ?

Just been having a look through the paperwork etc of all what's been done since I bought it and I think this lot covers it;

• Eibach pro kit lowering springs (30mm)
  • Eibach 15mm front spacers
  • Eibach 20mm rear spacers
  • 4x new Pirelli tyres
  • Brembo front and rear brake pads
  • Brembo front discs (new rear discs currently not fitted as current rears were like new)
  • Calipers and hubs painted/re-freshed
  • New number plates
  • New genuine Lexus centre caps
  • New genuine Lexus/Toyota locking wheel nuts
  • US/JDM replica front grille (new)
  • New genuine Toyota Altezza grille badge
  • New genuine Toyota Altezza aerial mast
  • A Nokia 3310 to fit the phone holder ?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Fair doo's for doing all this to a daily. Mine has even been cleaned out since I got it at the beginning of this year!

Forgot to add another * to the list above, front and rear mudflaps removed and binned - looks much better without now it's lowered!

Fair doo's for doing all this to a daily. Mine has even been cleaned out since I got it at the beginning of this year!

Haha fair enough bud, for me personally though I couldn't have a minty mint car in the garage that wants for nothing but doesn't get used much and a daily im in all the time that is battered and dirty, they both have to be looked after and look good lol!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Haha fair enough bud, for me personally though I couldn't have a minty mint car in the garage that wants for nothing but doesn't get used much and a daily im in all the time that is battered and dirty, they both have to be looked after and look good lol!

To be fair, the saying you can't polish a turd is quite apt for my car. Don't even think rolling it in glitter would help. Still Iove it for what it is though.

20180529_150029.jpg

So I sold the Jaguar two weekends ago to a lovely old boy who came down from the West Midlands on the train - i knew the first to view it would buy it, but it was just a case of waiting for that first person to show an interest while dealing with the usual eBay knobbers, I mean I thought one offer of £2500 was a joke, then one f'ing tool offered me £500!!!! I just emailed back and basically made out that was the deposit. But this chap was lovely, paid me what I wanted and we agreed and there was no haggling when he arrived - I don't think he could believe how good it actually was to be honest! So was worth the wait.

So anyway, the Lexus has now has now been in full daily use since then and i've got to admit (now I've put some decent miles on it) I really do like it! It's so comfortable and smooth, it's just lacking the power that both I, and the whole worlds knows it's lacking. Even the 4 speed auto (that sooo needs to be 6 speed) i'm getting used to too. But as said, its a daily town car. So who cares! What made the difference I think was getting everything done to it I wanted, while it was not being used so that when the Jaguar went, it came out for use all done and exactly as I wanted it to be - it's had a good clean last weekend and I gave it a coat of some Auto Finesse goodness and it did come up well.

I do love the comments the 3310 gets for something that cost so little, I almost had the phone kit stripped out but i'm now glad I saved the money and left it in...….. I gave my boss a lift to work yesterday and when he got in the car and saw it his face said it all LOL!

Had a little photo shoot with my mate with his black IS200 Sport today so thought i'd share a few photos - the purple wheels pictured on page one he had lasted about 5 minutes, they have since been re-powder coated gloss black and do look much better!

Mine has continued to settle into daily duties well ?

44131881661_36c9effc0d_b.jpg

42322862290_1ecf7c929a_b.jpg

44131881861_7f9974fe94_b.jpg

44131881191_dca631a114_b.jpg

44083227552_b55c35c86e_b.jpg

44131881381_ef624386ba_b.jpg

44083227842_ac50d23b26_b.jpg

44083228072_39f15e81e9_b.jpg