ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Just bought this. Is there an error on my disc or something. The engine sounds.......

Theyre all the same, and they sound like food blenders. This cant be right surely?

LOL just wondering if you're joking!?

RS Clio 182
Does anyone play this game still? I re-purchased it on Friday and wondered if you guys do races?

I just cant go on it anymore when i can do a race on F1 2012 instead. Much more action,a lot more strategy needed,more involved,weather changes etc. - thats what killed GT5 for me,the races were just so boring...

Having said that,i never got to the top level where you race the fastest cars - i might go back and try it,but im not sure i can be bothered to go through all the tedious races before..

Goliath I
I just cant go on it anymore when i can do a race on F1 2012 instead. Much more action,a lot more strategy needed,more involved,weather changes etc. - thats what killed GT5 for me,the races were just so boring...

Having said that,i never got to the top level where you race the fastest cars - i might go back and try it,but im not sure i can be bothered to go through all the tedious races before..

Same reason I binned off Forza. A single race in F1 is worth multiple races in Forza.

Clio 182 cup +3
My mates bringing forza around tomorrow with his wheel, I've never played it or F1. I'm a massive gt5 fan but I do find the AI for the other cars not brilliant. with the rolling starts it almost feels like a time trial. Like the pole car is at a set point and you have to get a average lap time of X and you'll win. the 2011 prototype redbull is a epic car thou,as it the formula polyphony cars.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Same reason I binned off Forza. A single race in F1 is worth multiple races in Forza.

I can see where you're coming from there. I like Forza 4, but I never get 'in the zone' (lol) like I did with GTR2, etc on the PC. I could literally have a 10 minute quick-race around Donington in a Porsche GT2 and probably didn't blink once, got clammy hands and dry throat - I was concentrating that much!

My nephew plays F1 2011 to death with all aids off. It's completely unforgiving and you get massively penalised for making a mistake. But the flipside of that is that the game is SO much more rewarding when you finish in the top three at that level of difficulty.

D.

Clio 1.2 mk2
Started a little racing league with some friends from work. Trying to keep it very restricted. Max 305bhp, min 1200kg, 2.0L, No 4WD, No AIDS, basically very close to BTCC. We've got a little championship going and the higher you finish in the race the more ballast you have to put on for the second race of the event. Having loads of fun so far.

Here's a few vids of the highlights if anyone is interested. Also if anyone fancies racing with us just let me know and i'll invite you once we have finished this championship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfKj4J7fi4M&list=UUIn9Q-AzoQHCXxVPUbhYQuA&index=2&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAHFBqtdzho&list=UUIn9Q-AzoQHCXxVPUbhYQuA&index=1&feature=plcp

DCi
i aint played this in ages, though watching your vid i think im going to dig my wheel out and give it a whizz.

although i forgot how long ps3 system updates take... haha

Megane RS250
Any news on GT6 yet? I'm guessing it'll be a launch title for PS4?

You'll be luck, im sure theres something like 5-6 years between releases...

IDEA: i like the idea of b-spec, however i think it would be much more enjoyable if it was an actual team that you managed, not just 6 individual drivers (If youve played Racedriver GRID, youll know where im going with this)
If you could have your own team colours, own livery.. and as you race you get bigger sponsors the more you win ect, add their decals to your car, choose which sponsors you want.
Have a team colour for your racing suits ect...
i just think that would be much better than just watching some racer and control whether or not he gets a hard on or not..

Clio 1.2 mk2
I wouldn't mind joining that. How often do you race?

We race maybe once a week when we are all available. We are thinking of making it a more permanent time. The more the merrier as long as it's clean racing (as clean as touring car can be) we try and get a few races in when we do play. When i've spoke to them all we will try and decide a day and time so more can join us. PM me your psn and i'll add you later.

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
We race maybe once a week when we are all available. We are thinking of making it a more permanent time. The more the merrier as long as it's clean racing (as clean as touring car can be) we try and get a few races in when we do play. When i've spoke to them all we will try and decide a day and time so more can join us. PM me your psn and i'll add you later.

Great stuff I'll PM you now

Megane RS250

Me want to race tooooooooooooo :)

Clio 1.2 mk2
We try to stick close to super 2000 rules. 2.0L, 305bhp, 1150kg, All aids bar ABS off. everything else goes. We are about to start a new championship up and we will also be running an NSX race car championship soon too. I will post up details on how to see full specs along with dates and times of the races soon.

Cheers, Jack

LOLOL - 01:15 of the video sounds like a 10 bees in a jam jar. Also love the tyre squeal on grass and the collision noise that sounds like someone dropping an old leather suitcase.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Had to start this all over again, got new PS3 now. Started it today Level 10 so far, 150k credit.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Get the academy edition and you get a bonus code and with it there is around 25 cars and loads of tokens