ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Titanium ph1 turbo
Anyone else looking forward to the release of GT5 prologue at the end of this month?? 16 player online multiplayer, full 1080p 60fps HD ... I'm buying a PS3 just to play this - looks AWESOME!

Question: Should I get a 40gb or a 60gb ps3, and why are people paying a fortune for the 60gb ones?? I know that only the 60's are backward compatible with older PS2/1 games etc, but why spend the extra when PS2s are being sold for <£50 now??????????

Titanium ph1 turbo
What's the multiplayer like then, have you tried it?

I was gonna get the JAP version too, but have waited for the UK release.

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
Does the Logitech Driving Force Pro(the 900degree wheel) work with the PS3/GT5?

Clio 200 Raider
Anyone else looking forward to the release of GT5 prologue at the end of this month?? 16 player online multiplayer, full 1080p 60fps HD ... I'm buying a PS3 just to play this - looks AWESOME!

Question: Should I get a 40gb or a 60gb ps3, and why are people paying a fortune for the 60gb ones?? I know that only the 60's are backward compatible with older PS2/1 games etc, but why spend the extra when PS2s are being sold for <£50 now??????????

ive waited for the uk release so im looking forward to it.

60gb ps3 also come with 4 usb ports aswell. not that i use more than 1 anyway.

Probably not much of an issue now between the 2 now. I used to play ps2 games all the time when i got mine as there were no games hardly for the ps3. I dont play ps2 games hardly any more now though as more games have been released.
Nice to know that the 60gb is rarer now though

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Today I used 3 usb ports simultaneosly.. !!

#1 Charging PS3 pad 1
#2 Charging PS3 pad 2
#3 Charging my Jabra Bluetooth headset

:D

The 60GB also comes with the memory card reader.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Today I used 3 usb ports simultaneosly.. !!

#1 Charging PS3 pad 1
#2 Charging PS3 pad 2
#3 Charging my Jabra Bluetooth headset

:D

The 60GB also comes with the memory card reader.
add to that my xbox360 webcam ;) and my 500gb WD drive and I am filling my USB's up!

GT5 is great, not sure that the DFP is 900 degree, i have the G25 which is 900 degree and they all work with ti, the G25 is a must have though to experience it properly.

I am glad I got the jap one too as i'll be spending most of my march and beginning of april on R6V2 and then the rest of the year on GTA4 and MGS which is due out the month after, busy year for us PS3 owners!!!!!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Been playing this since Dec 2007 and love it. I also use the G25 wheel which makes for an awesome combination.

My WD 500gb Studio hdd arrived this morning and is currently restoring my data onto my PS3 after removing the Linux partition which I no longer had use for.

I'll be buying the UK release of GT5P as it is meant to have more features and cars than the Japanese version.

Monaco 172 2/468
What's this like online then, re. bumper cars on every corner type action. Is there something in the game to stop people ruining it ?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Been playing this since Dec 2007 and love it. I also use the G25 wheel which makes for an awesome combination.

My WD 500gb Studio hdd arrived this morning and is currently restoring my data onto my PS3 after removing the Linux partition which I no longer had use for.

I'll be buying the UK release of GT5P as it is meant to have more features and cars than the Japanese version.
Extra features for UK 'GT 5 Prologue'

Sony has confirmed the European release of the eagerly-awaited prequel to its forthcoming Gran Turismo 5 will contain exclusive additional features.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, which has been designed as a taster ahead of the full game, is the first title in the series to offer online racing for up to 17 players simultaneously.

The game, which promises a new physics engine, 71 high performance cars to choose from and a new Gran Turismo channel featuring a range of programs, will now also come with a number of exclusives destined for the European release.

Top of the European exclusives is a new Drift Mode, which bases a player's success on how well they alter their drift angles and speeds within evaluation zones located at various turns during a course.

It will also boast a two-player split-screen racing mode, new online race events and advanced car-tuning, allowing the player to adjust power, tyres, suspension and more.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be released on Blu-ray disc for the PS3 on March 26 and as a download from the PlayStation Network on March 27.

Sony has also confirmed it will be releasing a Gran Turismo 5 Prologue PS3 bundle on March 26, featuring a copy of the game, a 40Gb PS3 console and one Sixaxis controller for £299.99.

FOCUS ST 275
On Pre-order now!!!

Will the EU versions be able to play against you Jap version guys online tho?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
what will prologue be like compared to the real gt5? what are the main differences?

i just pre-ordered it today.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah it's exactly that, a mini GT5. The final game will have more cars & tracks and no doubt additional game modes.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've not been online much over the past 7 days as I had a week off work but I as happy to see the F2007 is included in GT5P :)

DSC05225.jpg

attachment.php

Citroen DS3 DSport
Lots of info here

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103447

Car list for Prologue:

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Full Vehicle List:

Lexus IS F '07
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur '02
Nissan Fairlady Z Version S '07
Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06
Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept '07
Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP '07
Nissan Skyline Coupe (V36) Tuned Car
Nissan GT-R Proto '05
Nissan GT-R '07
Honda Integra TYPE R '04
Honda NSX Type R '02
Acura NSX '91
Mazda Atenza Sport (2007 Tokyo Motor Show reference exhibit)
Mazda RX-8 Type S '03
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)
Mazda RX-7 (FD) Special Tuned Car
Subaru Impreza WRX STI (18inch BBS Wheel Option) '07
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium Package '07
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR Tuned Car
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Tuned Car
Suzuki Cappuccino '95
Suzuki Swift Sport '07
Suzuki Cervo SR '07
Suzuki Cappuccino Tuned Car
Suzuki Swift Sport Tuned Car
Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
Daihatsu OFC-1 '07
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '06
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) Tuned Car
Dodge Viper GTS '02
Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06
Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe Tuned Car
Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
Ford GT '05
Ford Focus ST '06
Ford GT Tuned Car
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '07
BMW Z4 '03
BMW 135i Coupe '07
BMW M3 Coupe '07
BMW 135tii '08
Mini Cooper-S '06
Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG '02
Volkswagen Golf GTI '01
Volkswagen Golf V GTI '05
Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 TWIN SPARK '06
Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 '06
Ferrari 599 '06
Ferrari F430 '06
Ferrari 512BB '76
Ferrari F40 '92
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91
Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '06
Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00
Clio Renault Sport V6 24V Tuned Car
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
Jaguar XK Coupe '06
Lotus Elise 111R '04
Lotus Elise '96
Lotus Elise 111R Tuned Car
Lotus Elise Tuned Car
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
TVR Tamora '02
Art Morrison Corvette'60
Amuse/Opera Performance Gran Turismo 350Z RS
Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base '06
Blitz Dunlop ER34 '07

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
can't wait for it like! i've got driving force pro wheel which had 900 degree rotation on the ps2 so i'm assuming its gonna be the same on the ps3

Citroen DS3 DSport
Same here :) I think the Japanese version will be patched with the new cars but I'd rather buy the UK release too.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Same here :) I think the Japanese version will be patched with the new cars but I'd rather buy the UK release too.
tbh, the japanese stuff is starting to do my head in, its so bloody complicated to navigate and you never know whether you are choosing a car in your garage or selling it!!!

Haven't you got the F1 game though for driving a ferrari, surely thats going to be a better f1 experience than gt5 with an f1 car?

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think GT5 will offer a more sim like F1 car in comparison to F1 CE. Looking at the screenshots the visuals are excellent so I'm definitely looking forward to playing with the F1 car despite owning F1CE.

MY10 R35 GTR
I think GT5 will offer a more sim like F1 car in comparison to F1 CE. Looking at the screenshots the visuals are excellent so I'm definitely looking forward to playing with the F1 car despite owning F1CE.

:)

i've ordered the UK version, fair enough I had to pay for the jap one, but you feel like ur getting half the experience cos you cant read any of it hahaha

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
what is the premise of this prologue? i remember the prologue for gt3 on ps2 was just doing some tests iirc?

will i earn money in prologue and buy cars and tune them etc? a mini gt4 if you like?

on pre-order anyway. lol

dk

911 GTS Cab

i've ordered the UK version, fair enough I had to pay for the jap one, but you feel like ur getting half the experience cos you cant read any of it hahaha
i think this is the last time i order a jap game tbh, it was fun but so frustrating at the same time, so i think i will invest in the english version too at £18

MY10 R35 GTR

i think this is the last time i order a jap game tbh, it was fun but so frustrating at the same time, so i think i will invest in the english version too at £18

same, it was just the sherr WANT to play a GT on ps3 for use all lol

I won't rush to order this as I already have the jap version but as people have said it gets a bit tiresome with the translations etc!

But i do want the f1 car!

Citroen DS3 DSport
what is the premise of this prologue? i remember the prologue for gt3 on ps2 was just doing some tests iirc?

will i earn money in prologue and buy cars and tune them etc? a mini gt4 if you like?

on pre-order anyway. lol

Yeah that about sums it up. Race through the various class of cars and earn credits to buy new cars. The UK release has more tuning options available than the Japanese version.

MY10 R35 GTR

on pre-order anyway. lol

Yeah that about sums it up. Race through the various class of cars and earn credits to buy new cars. The UK release has more tuning options available than the Japanese version.

mind how on the GT4 prologue if you completed it ur cars and licences were used as ut starting point for the full GT4.

Just wonder if your cars are gona carry over from GT5P to GT5