ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Audi TT 225 Quattro
nothing that aims to improve the game... cod updates are just map packs afaik?

im not doing a munson, dont worry no need to get defensive with me i enjoyed playing it when i can be bothered. its just an observation i made.

imo they should have made the game they wanted in the first place rather than add al these extras to please the public because many were dissapointed

LOL , not being defensive fella just saying its not the only game by any means that keeps getting updated :) . Cod has some pretty big udates that change it a hell of alot from when they 1st release it but they are for the better. F1 is another that needs updating, im sure even the mighty forza 4 gets it fair share ;)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
must be because theyre not as widley publicised as much as these gt5 updates are then :)

still think theyve failed slightly tho!

SQ5
LOL , not being defensive fella just saying its not the only game by any means that keeps getting updated :) . Cod has some pretty big udates that change it a hell of alot from when they 1st release it but they are for the better. F1 is another that needs updating, im sure even the mighty forza 4 gets it fair share ;)

Forza had one on release day due to a money hack or something similar and a second after the big dashboard update!

BMW335M/Clio200/182
They are treating it like they are doing everyone a massive favour with all this though, that's the point. It should have been in the game from release.

I don't see PD treating anything like it's "a massive favour". They're updating the game, adding lots of features and Kaz is tweeting it.

For fans of the game, it's great :)

BMW335M/Clio200/182
Fair enough, it would be nice to just have some normal dialogue about the game without repetative negative comments and flaming.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
LOL what have i missed while at work ( maybe some of you should try this as you have far to much spare time to be ruining this thread ;) )

This thread doesn't need locking just needs the trolls keeping away, just a shame that in the past one of them has included a moderator... Ive said it before but its been out a year now so everything bad that has been said about it is already known just on this forum people like to go on and on about the same old thing.

BMW335M/Clio200/182
I agree.

But the latest culprit was your very own GT5 fanboy Pete.

Hello Revels,

I don't think everyone agrees with you and I think what Jay is eluding to is that there is some unfair administration taking place.

An example...

This was started with "The s**tty patch is out" posted Oska which interestingly you have left on the thread (even after I registered a complaint).

My response was "Fantastic update", "GT5 is the best console racer".

So with your logic people who have no real interest in this game (such as Roy Munson) are able to troll the thread and post repetitive negative comments and flaming, whilst GT5 fans are unable to share their love for this game?

Is this correct? Are you going to delete my post again or can we have some proper clarity around the rules. From where I'm sat they seem to be used unfairly.

Why can't you just enforce rule 10 to the appropriate people? Last time I asked for this your moderator Chris made a mockery of my complaint publically on the forum.

10. Please refrain from making excessive negative comments. As the saying goes "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it". You are welcome to say you do not like the look of something but not post spiteful or hurtful comments. Breaking this rule will result in a minor infraction (1 point).

I'm not trying to piss anyone off here, just simply asking for the moderatiors to act appropriately and this thread to be left alone by the trolls so the GT5 lovers can share some of their love for this game. Is it that difficult?

Oh no. The rules are out again. Pathetically, these cries are increasingly being listened to, so keep it up. Pretty soon the outcome will be the clique, and a few thousand Tobys.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
They have improved them slightly, have a listen to this and make of it what you will :)

Last edited by a moderator:
PMSL at those original sounds! Definitely slightly better after the patch. Pretty incredible that something so integral to a racing game was so wrong to begin with. Especially given the development time.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
i honestly do agree with you roy, its by no means perfect but its a start, they could still do with a touch more bass but maybe thats coming in spec 3 ;)

Agreed. At least they are trying to fix the broken bits. I still think development was halted for several years due to lack of funds. No way was this being concentrated on for all those years.

Octy VRS
An example...

This was started with "The s**tty patch is out" posted Oska which interestingly you have left on the thread (even after I registered a complaint).
Thing is Pete, if you go through the many pages of the thread I have defended this game to the hilt. I'm just massively disappointed with the recent development and "updates". They could have turned the game around in a year surely? 1 new decent track and a handful of new premium cars all of which you have to pay for. Stuff that was missing in the first place. Considering who I work for I think I've given the game a fair chance and even enjoyed it a bit but just lost interest now.

I was always a fan of GT games, had them all. It's just not up to scratch. I won't get rid of it as there is no other half decent racer on the PS3 but I only really play split screen with a mate and generally only go on the Ring.

BMW335M/Clio200/182
Thing is Pete, if you go through the many pages of the thread I have defended this game to the hilt. I'm just massively disappointed with the recent development and "updates". They could have turned the game around in a year surely? 1 new decent track and a handful of new premium cars all of which you have to pay for. Stuff that was missing in the first place. Considering who I work for I think I've given the game a fair chance and even enjoyed it a bit but just lost interest now.

I was always a fan of GT games, had them all. It's just not up to scratch. I won't get rid of it as there is no other half decent racer on the PS3 but I only really play split screen with a mate and generally only go on the Ring.

Fair enough.

My honest opinion is that there is a lot of wastage in the game. It was an ambitious idea that sadly wasn't delivered as complete package. But the reason why I'm prepared to support it is because the things I enjoy about GT5 keep me coming back much more than any other racing game I've played (sorry that includes Forza ;) )

Online racing in dynamic time with decent cars on Spa, Monza and Ring 24hr just never gets boring (this is probably where most of the good work was done). Comparing it to any other cross platform racing game (Dirt 3, Shift 2, F1 2011 on PC) I have always lost interest within a few months, so for me £35 with constant improvements to the game is a no brainer.

In terms of development I would say that budget would no doubt be an issue. Sony's sudden push for all PS3 exclusive to have 3D would have cost PD some serious development time. There are other things to consider with the time taken to learn the architecture of the PS3 and the integrity of the developers wanting to fully leverage the full power of the PS3.

5 years is a piss take, but the time is now and if the developer keeps looking ahead and adding new features then it really can't be that bad :)

Listerine & Poledo
wasnt PD going to link the "real" tracks into local weather stations, so you could race in the conditions there on that day?

Hello Revels,

I don't think everyone agrees with you and I think what Jay is eluding to is that there is some unfair administration taking place.

An example...

My response was "Fantastic update", "GT5 is the best console racer".

So with your logic people who have no real interest in this game (such as Roy Munson) are able to troll the thread and post repetitive negative comments and flaming, whilst GT5 fans are unable to share their love for this game?

Is this correct? Are you going to delete my post again or can we have some proper clarity around the rules. From where I'm sat they seem to be used unfairly.

Why can't you just enforce rule 10 to the appropriate people? Last time I asked for this your moderator Chris made a mockery of my complaint publically on the forum.

10. Please refrain from making excessive negative comments. As the saying goes "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it". You are welcome to say you do not like the look of something but not post spiteful or hurtful comments. Breaking this rule will result in a minor infraction (1 point).

I'm not trying to piss anyone off here, just simply asking for the moderatiors to act appropriately and this thread to be left alone by the trolls so the GT5 lovers can share some of their love for this game. Is it that difficult?

If I'm honest, I don't care about people agreeing with me. I'm sick of having to clear this thread up and deal with you running and telling tales all the time. You call out Roy and blame him. This thread was all quiet and no problems until..

182Pete said:
Fantastic update.

The community is loving this.

GT5 Spec 2.02 FTW

GT5 is the best console racing game.

You'll attempt to defend this and probably bore me with some more rules that I already know exist and then try and act innocent but if you want this thread to continue, then try not pouring petrol on the fire.

'Update is out. It's great'

Would have been a perfectly sensible reply. You posted to get a reaction. You got one. Then you cry about it.

It would be nice if he'd stop posting coma inducing shite and pay for membership rather than rattling through his off topic quota attempting to provoke a reaction.

You'd have thought he'd get bored when most people had the sense to just ignore the twaddle he was posting but apparently not.

Anyway back on topic that video while an improvement still needs a fair bit of work. Still sounds very digital and synthetic and too far biased to treble to my ears.

Lol at asking for the thread to be left alone by the trolls but constantly trolling it. Most people gave up discussing it ages ago, but this guy kept trolling himself because he was having a hissy fit about people not agreeing with him. Troll self, complain about trolling. Infinite points.

BMW335M/Clio200/182
If I'm honest, I don't care about people agreeing with me. I'm sick of having to clear this thread up and deal with you running and telling tales all the time. You call out Roy and blame him. This thread was all quiet and no problems until..

You'll attempt to defend this and probably bore me with some more rules that I already know exist and then try and act innocent but if you want this thread to continue, then try not pouring petrol on the fire.

'Update is out. It's great'

Would have been a perfectly sensible reply. You posted to get a reaction. You got one. Then you cry about it.

The thread was not quiet it was a mess before I started posting. You said yourself you had to clear 250 pages of troll (I wonder who that was) ;)

I'm happy if we can all be amicable and I'm sorry for being a troll! :)

BMW335M/Clio200/182
Lol at asking for the thread to be left alone by the trolls but constantly trolling it. Most people gave up discussing it ages ago, but this guy kept trolling himself because he was having a hissy fit about people not agreeing with him. Troll self, complain about trolling. Infinite points.

I'd much rather talk about GT5 and arrange online races. Why don't you buy it for Xmas and then you can see what you're missing out on? ;)

Audi TT 225 Quattro
I'm still tempted to buy it just for the 3D, but I keep reading conflicting views about the quality of the 3D mode.

Apparently graphics in the 3D mode have been made sharper/clearer or something along those lines with the latest update... i have no way of telling as Ive never played it in 3D looks damn good in 1080p though ;)
( ask santa for a copy for christmas, its only £20 i think as its a platinum title now:p)

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Still sounds like there's lots of tire squeal.

Thing is tyres make noise when pushed hard, my last track day the operator said there was far to much tyre squeal and if if it doesn't stop people would get black flagged lol

Apparently graphics in the 3D mode have been made sharper/clearer or something along those lines with the latest update... i have no way of telling as Ive never played it in 3D looks damn good in 1080p though ;)
( ask santa for a copy for christmas, its only £20 i think as its a platinum title now:p)

Cheers. I'll look into it a bit more. I've only really been impressed with shooters in 3D so far, but I like the idea of a 3D cockpit, as I always play my racers in-car.