ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grrrrrrrrrrr

Maz

LY 200
Car has bee to Renault today and I am sooooooooo mad ... :mad:

The driver side wheel is juddering with full lock on and has been for ages .. had it booked in on two separate occasions before my Gaz suspension was fitted but had to change bookings ... anyway went today and they have basically said that they can't do any warranty work on it unless the normal suspension is on

Has anyone else had this problem ??

Really wanted to kick off but bit my lip and walked away :quiet: ... had to stop myself from calling and complaining too but thought I would check with you guys first .. they have it on the system that it was booked in for this problem in advance of my Gaz suspension being fitted ..

What should I do ??? :dapprove:

Maz :D

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
yeah ive had that problem with my FK coilovers they said that my warrenty was void so they wouldnt carry out any work unless i was prepared to pay ££££££££!! fuckin b******s!

Nippy white cup
Try renault uk chuck....it is also down to the individual branch wether or not they do the warrenty work. If it is logged then really Ren uk should do something

Chris

Octavia VRS
They usually state that it has to be standard when they carry out work on your car Maz so they might have you. If it was meant to be done pre-suspension then you might have a case?

182cup/D40/Hornet
Total wanks,I know mine seems to judder/feel strange when it's on full lock as though the camber or tracking is out,but it ain't.More so in reverse,if that's what your on about.

172 Cup
I had a problem with a faulty lock and they refused to look at the problem until I replaced the after market headunit with the original!?!?!?!?!!?

Golf R/Leon FR
sorry to hear this maz,
did you say that it was doing this before you got the coilovers on?
it'll be a ball ache to take the coils off and just to get the problem sorted.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
trouble is I bet they won't even be interested in seeing any proof that the suspension has been changed after the fault was logged, they just won't want to know.

182cup/D40/Hornet
.Griff. said:
I had a problem with a faulty lock and they refused to look at the problem until I replaced the after market headunit with the original!?!?!?!?!!?
Lock...headunit wtf are they on!!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
One of the reasons why I want to leave this car as standard as possible. Any opportunity to give you the Teflon Shoulder - the dealers will do it.

Wouldn't one of our clued-up CS members be a better bet? Have you PM'd Mike @ Rentech - see if he as any ideas?

D.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
As mentioned they will not do it with aftermarket mods on...

Even if it was booked in previously with thesame problem!! ive gone thru this myself for a differnt part...

Maz

LY 200
Chris n nic said:
Try renault uk chuck....it is also down to the individual branch wether or not they do the warrenty work. If it is logged then really Ren uk should do something

Chris

How do I get in touch with them Chris ?? havn't got a clue :eek: lol

Thanks for the advice peeps :approve:

Maz :D

Yaris Hybrid
bartebk said:
Total w*nks,I know mine seems to judder/feel strange when it's on full lock as though the camber or tracking is out,but it ain't.More so in reverse,if that's what your on about.

Yeah mine does it reversing on full lock but sometimes going forward. Not bothered at all.

Weeman sucks ****
If it's the fault that I'm thinking of which is quite common, anyone with a grinder can sort it out. Mine was done in it's early years and my mates 182 was done the other week.

Maz

LY 200
The guy behind the service desk said his does it too ... if its a common fault ffs why can't they just sirt it for me :(

Thanks for the number I will give them a ring when I have calmed down on Monday.. anyone best to speak to ??

Maz :)

172 Cup
I'd call them now Maz while they have a chance to catch the dealers before the weekend..

When the dealer told me he knew the strut mount mod needing doing on my car but refused anyway as the car was 2 years old I called Reanult UK that afternoon, explained the problem (dropped CS into the conversation) and the next morning they agreed to pay for the work.

Maz

LY 200
.Griff. said:
I'd call them now Maz while they have a chance to catch the dealers before the weekend..

When the dealer told me he knew the strut mount mod needing doing on my car but refused anyway as the car was 2 years old I called Reanult UK that afternoon, explained the problem (dropped CS into the conversation) and the next morning they agreed to pay for the work.

Honestly mate if I call them now I will blow my top I am sooooooooooo mad :mad:

SEAT LEON
Hi Yea It Is A Pain When You Can Nt Get Waranty On It. I Did Hear The Knoking On Your Suspention. I Went On Road Test With Lad And I Thought Straight Away It Was Top Mount Knoking, But I Didnt Get The Job So I Did Nt Get Chance To Look At It. I Gather That Your Seat Is Done, Glovebox And Wiper Noise? Are You Bringing It Back?????????/

Volvo S60 T5
If anyone needs this done and its not under warranty I'm more than happy to carry out this modification.
22.50+vat while you wait service.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
Only worked for a week when they did mine and then started to do it again. I wouldn't bother getting it done TBH. Not by Renault anyway.

106 GTi
Sounds like the normal dealer behaviour. Sham,e you hadnt got it sorted before the suspension went on.

Hope you get it sorted shouldnt be to bad, reading Mikes post. Cant involve to much work.

Maz

LY 200
Cheers r-jay .. hopefully I should be able to get it sorted without having to crack up ... lol

Audi RS4
My 172 used to do iy whenever I reversed off our drive,I wouldn't stress over getting it done,mine did it for 2 years,I never got it done.
The fact is Renault have got you over a barrel with your modified set-up.Another reason to keep cars standard IMO.
I really wouldn't worry about it.

Maz

LY 200
Well that was a total waste of time ... :mad:

Great Renault customer service as per usual .... so fecking mad !!! :mad:

Mike@Rentech wehere are you based mate ?? looks like I need to pay for this to be done myself :( is there anyone in the NW who can do this for me ??

Thanks

Mondeo STTDCI
Sorry Maz I feel for you but lets be honest, if you were a dealer would you repair a car on warranty that had been modified?

There is no way you can prove or disprove that it happened before the modification, and it has always been this way. If you mod, you have to accept that the warranty will be void in that area.

Therefore if you start getting electrical related faults, any ICE you have will mean that the job isnt straightforward for the dealer. He has to think. Thinking time costs money.

If you have uneven tyre wear, and have lowered the car, why should the dealer bother if its not standard kit?

I feel for ya, but at the end of the day you haven't got a leg to stand on and complaining to RUK as everyone seems to be advising will get you nowhere.

Dave

Maz

LY 200
^^ cheers for the advice Dave ... the point I was trying to make to them was that they have it on their computer that I was booked in twice previous (before the mod) with the same complaint .. I have proof of when the mod was done and I think they should sort this out for me for this said reason ... the guy who came out in the car with me the first time I booked in and this time is even the same and he is proof too ..

TBH this is just yet another fine example of Renault looking after their customers after sale .. NOT !! they are starting to get known as take the money and run .. nob heads ..

Maz

Maz

LY 200
Anyone got the complaints department address for RUK ?? think a letter is needed to them and a phone call to my solicitor...

Maz

Orange 182
I've noticed mine doing exactly the same thing Maz... the first 182 I had never did it at all. Personally I'm not too worried about the problem, but I can appreciate your frustration with Renault... they really take the piss tbh.

Maz

LY 200
^^ just want them to fix it mate .. :( worried that something bad will happen .. lol not knowing that much about cars .. cause it sounds bad ..

Looks like I will just have to pay .. but I will make them know I am not happy at all !!! hehe

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Maz - I have the exact same problem on my 182. It started happening just a couple of months ago (had the car new since last may). I am not too worried about getting it sorted because its not really a major issue (as previously noted in this thread).

I also understand how harsh dealers can be, I once went in there and complained the the service manager and they were bending over backwards to help from then on! Sorry to say but as your car as quite modified now I doubt they will do the work under warranty even if you were to complain :(

Edit- Just noticed this was an old thread (found the link in another of your topics) - sorry!