ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Wheel Bearings 182 Cup

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
My drivers front wheel bearing is making a racket and definitely needs changing, I’m booked in at the garage for first thing Friday.
I wanted to get an SNR bearing as they’re the OEM for Renault, but it’s been a right pain in the arse trying to get one.
Euros apparently used to stock them, but looking at their website they only seem to have the smaller SNR bearings for the non-cup cars.

I then ordered an SNR on eBay, it’s arrived today and it’s an FAG bearing instead of the SNR on the listing at about double the price I could’ve bought an FAG bearing for.

Obviously I’ll try and get my money back from eBay, but my question is, has anyone used any brands or their than SKF or SNR and had the bearing last well?
Or even better, a link to where I can get an 84mm O/D SNR bearing by Thursday, I’ve looked all over.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
My drivers front wheel bearing is making a racket and definitely needs changing, I’m booked in at the garage for first thing Friday.
I wanted to get an SNR bearing as they’re the OEM for Renault, but it’s been a right pain in the arse trying to get one.
Euros apparently used to stock them, but looking at their website they only seem to have the smaller SNR bearings for the non-cup cars.

I then ordered an SNR on eBay, it’s arrived today and it’s an FAG bearing instead of the SNR on the listing at about double the price I could’ve bought an FAG bearing for.

Obviously I’ll try and get my money back from eBay, but my question is, has anyone used any brands or their than SKF or SNR and had the bearing last well?
Or even better, a link to where I can get an 84mm O/D SNR bearing by Thursday, I’ve looked all over.

Hey, check out SNR Wheel bearing kit in the AUTODOC app https://m.autodoc.co.uk/snr/1928691

Arriving Thursday might be ambitious mind.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that’s why I didn’t bother with autocock in the first place to be honest.

Euros are hopeless as well tbh

They often everything is a scam with them. They pump money into creating this illusion that they supply good names, when in actual fact, they bought the branding rights and just put Chinese cheap and cheerful s**t in the boxes...... For example. Brembo. Which is not from Italy.

I wouldn’t trust them to sell something legit or deliver what’s ordered.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Euros are hopeless as well tbh

They often everything is a scam with them. They pump money into creating this illusion that they supply good names, when in actual fact, they bought the branding rights and just put Chinese cheap and cheerful s**t in the boxes...... For example. Brembo. Which is not from Italy.

I wouldn’t trust them to sell something legit or deliver what’s ordered.
It’s funny you should say that, the eBay seller I bought the SNR bearing from is called carparts4less/car parts saver, but their registered business name on their profile is euro car parts. There’s not an SNR 84mm bearing on the euros website so it looks like I didn’t have any hope of getting the right thing when I ordered an SNR bearing from them on eBay.
If they don’t reply tomorrow saying they’ve sent me the right thing I’ll be writing some scathing eBay feedback.
Seems my only real option is paying double for an SNR bearing in a Renault box from RPD or letting my mechanic buy whatever brand, at least if the bearing fails prematurely they’ll warranty it. May have to go with the latter.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
60mm Wheel bearing for Cup / Trophy.
Inside the box is genuine SNR bearings for the BRT Bearings , The BRT Part number is PWK 0642

I have added the OE part number also.

60mm Wheel Bearing.JPG
182 Trophy Wheel Bearing Item 11.png

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
Just order some skf bearings, they are a good product used in various industry, mine have been fine for 8yr, you'll get them off ebay usually with quick delivery