ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Graham's OCD ph2 DCi sport rep

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Has the bumper been painted? Colour code side strips needed next!

Yep but clearly needs to be redone. I was disappointed to say the least! Looks better now the car is dirty ;)

Liking that can't wait to see it with the rest of the sport kit on! We're the sun visors hard to wire up? Really tempted to put air con on mine after CC but looks a right mammoth task!

Sun visors were a dos to wire up. In the green plug which connects the roof loom to the dash loom there are feeds for the electric sunroof (go via UCH) which you can take out and put in b3 (I think). Wire in the earth (A3) and they work on the second click of the ignition. A sport roof loom has the wires. I would never put climate control in one again unless I had the loom all there and ready. Seems to have good and bad days of working! Need to work out why.

Fallen out of love with the Clio a bit recently due to the various niggles which I haven't had time to fix. Not sure how quickly it will progress to the next stage.

That stupid EGR clip is now sorted which took some serious squeezing of the flimsy Sealey tool. If I were to buy again I'd get the more expensive one. Don't want to plow much more cash into the car so have been considering a white wrap so I don't have to have the whole sport kit painted at great expense. Who knows! We'll have to see

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
So I haven't done an update for a very long time. Several reasons but mainly I'm skint on time.

Couple of days ago I chucked on the RS sill trims. Nice and easy but don't look right without the sport skirts.

A45915FB-880D-4242-AE3F-42276B236B2F_zpsrnimolki.jpg

Tonight I finished fitting the 197 wheel but the cruise control connector has snapped off the squib and it's irreparable unfortunately so need a new squib. Looks awesome though, just needs a few minor adjustments.

FF61E4D6-41BC-4E17-9D46-19277FD0012A_zpsahs94g9k.jpg

Sport kit is at the body shop but I need to find a week I can drop the car there as the wings need blowing into the doors and I need my car every day at the moment. Annoying as if I had a spare vehicle I could have it completely finished for CSS (still might not be able to make it)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Paid £62 for the steering wheel. Had to buy another spare mk3 wheel though because it came without a horn section for some reason (eBay dispute in process)

bought a cup spoiler this week off eBay for less than £70 so that should be a nice addition when it's painted

Renault Clio DCi 65
That's not a bad price at all, how does it feel in comparison to your old wheel? Very tempted to make mine into a rep now. Found all the panels for £150 or buy bit by bit each month. Can't wait too see it finished

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
That's not a bad price at all, how does it feel in comparison to your old wheel? Very tempted to make mine into a rep now. Found all the panels for £150 or buy bit by bit each month. Can't wait too see it finished

Yeah its a lot better. Much chunkier which is a hugely nice change. Looks better in real life too!

i bought all my panels inc spoiler for £100 ;) so it's worth waiting for good deals. Painting is likely setting me back £500 though

Cheap wode track is a minimum of £200

do it!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
No updates as such but the car is booked in to be sprayed next weekend (they will have it for 2 weeks). Will consist of full sport kit and cup spoiler.

Am hoping to have the majority of the jobs done in time for css but there will likely be a few left over I'm sure. Then I think I'm going to be very nearly done as I need to start saving for a house.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Quick update with no photos!

Car is currently away at the body shop having all those bits above done. Will have a few things to do before CSS like the rear stub axle spacers, new front right arch liner and maybe the sunroof seal need to be done properly. May not have the time though.

In other news I need my rear arches rolled (@AlexW ;) sort me out), a new front right wheel bearing, a new squib and my turbo rebuilt.

Oh yeah I bought some Trendlines so it should be a nice place to be shortly. Also bought new new number plates as the old ones are looking a bit rubbish, wanted the EU logo for trips and 3/4 is just a crazy about of money for a piece of plastic.

Fancy some turinis if they come up for £200 or less and that's it! I've been driving my better halves Clio DCI and I can confirm it is faster with it's new injectors however it's like driving a sponge.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Forgot to add I got a fabia splitter and the recaros don't have pretensioner covers so I'm going to have some made from alcantara. Maybe a little pillar wrapping if there's some left over

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Oooo the same colour or different colour? Can't wait to see it finished

Yes matey same colour. It wasn't planned to be fully resprayed and I want to keep it as OEM as possible :)

Strangely enough i haven't visited this thread in ages, not sure why :S

Good progress though mate. going for same colour or something different?

Ahh I'm the first to admit diesels don't to anything particularly interesting! Will be paranoid parking at the co-op now! Parts in the post tomorrow matey

Ahh I'm the first to admit diesels don't to anything particularly interesting! Will be paranoid parking at the co-op now! Parts in the post tomorrow matey

Haha na nothing that would go on mine, well not parts i could grab easily :p lol

Although im temped to see if you can do some of these mods to a ph1 tbh! the 182 interior etc would be nice in mine with all the mod cons, not sure i'd bother with climate control though.
Nice one, cheers buddy :)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Car still not done so I'm not going to be able to make it to CSS unfortunately :'(

Haha na nothing that would go on mine, well not parts i could grab easily :p lol

Although im temped to see if you can do some of these mods to a ph1 tbh! the 182 interior etc would be nice in mine with all the mod cons, not sure i'd bother with climate control though.
Nice one, cheers buddy :)

lol, it's all going to be superglued!

A ph1 with 182 interior, engine loom and dash loom would possibly be the most wonderful mating ever. Wiring is the kind of stuff people throw away so I recommend you do this wonderful task.

Car still not done so I'm not going to be able to make it to CSS unfortunately :'(

lol, it's all going to be superglued!

A ph1 with 182 interior, engine loom and dash loom would possibly be the most wonderful mating ever. Wiring is the kind of stuff people throw away so I recommend you do this wonderful task.

Lol.

If I had a garage or drive to do the work i'd surely be doing all the above. Especially the ph2 interior.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
It's finally done. Spent all day putting the car together perfectly and I'm really pleased with it. Roof hasn't been sprayed yet but it will be in good time when I don't need the car quite so badly.

The jobs that were done. Full car sprayed (bar roof), side strips colour coded, cup spoiler, correct arch liners and trendlines fitted

Put the car back together roughly at the bodyshop as I had all the bits I needed at home and wanted to spend a long time on the car. Riveted the bottom of the side skirts to the body.

CF035FE8-16EA-490E-9AB9-36C4BC6FCA74_zpsvl7vspbb.jpg
C794CC88-F1E8-42DD-9D99-2B696DDC5B29_zpsmbov0cc4.jpg
81DB8C96-4FC8-4A8E-99FF-4E0EB57EB83B_zps90tuhmtp.jpg

Fog light bolts were different in the sport to non sport. Nice to confirm the fogs are the same whether sport or not.

9C2AF883-8F03-4155-B2E2-5106998D8890_zpsyojrunvc.jpg

Got home and started fitting the arch liners, new number plates and the seats.

8F50DB8F-76AB-456F-9396-9C6F6F3D4A05_zps3q7sn5op.jpg

This is the finished product

42764E1D-CD21-46BB-BD6E-ABE5B12E8727_zpsomlvnzr1.jpg
CF1D504B-CC5A-45AC-9158-311597744F0E_zpsqmbdqveq.jpg
0660275A-58F6-4717-8D76-88903F4AE395_zpsyogsuv8z.jpg
9228F5AB-2CC1-4D3E-883D-175D4BEB40F0_zpsomcdgipt.jpg
95C32A39-74DE-4732-8A61-76061FEC48CC_zpsbkmvigbm.jpg

Next jobs for the car.

Sort the cruise control, 15mm rear hub spacers (and arch roll), new wheel bearing, refurbish turbo, fix climate resistor pack and complete the LED dash conversion.

That's it

Comments please!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Looking good mate, are those the 15" '172' look wheels or the actual 16's?

cheers buddy. They're 16s but I want some turinis really. Would be the icing on the cake for me. I'll chuck a coat of gunmetal on the oz f1s and chuck them on for winter I think

cheers buddy. They're 16s but I want some turinis really. Would be the icing on the cake for me. I'll chuck a coat of gunmetal on the oz f1s and chuck them on for winter I think

Sounds like a good plan :)
I want to refurb mine at some point but have no spares to put on while they are being done.
Oh yeah those bits turned up today. Cheers again mate :)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Sounds like a good plan :)
I want to refurb mine at some point but have no spares to put on while they are being done.
Oh yeah those bits turned up today. Cheers again mate :)

Happy to lend you mine. No burn outs though!!!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Haha, dont do that sort of thing anyway ;)
That would be cool dude. let me know when there avaliable and i'll make sure i have some spare money so i can get mine refurbed :)

I'd really like to chuck mine on when the weather gets rubbish, mid/late October so can drop them down to you in the next couple of weeks if you want

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Great job, best I have seen.

Cheers mate. I hope it lives up to the OCD title!

Love it! It looks like it was definitely worth the wait! Nicest DCI rep on here

Champion! Let see if you change your mind when you see it

Amazing car bud, real credit to you! dCi with Trendlines FTW. I miss them in mine.

Thank you, everyone is too kind. I'm worried about damaging the bolster every time I get in. They are extremely comfy though.

@AlexW Have you got an arch roller mate? I feel a baseball bat coming out otherwise

[video=youtube_share;UsL7oXIObAg]http://youtu.be/UsL7oXIObAg[/video]