ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Graham's OCD ph2 DCi sport rep

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Re: DCI 65 pov spec commuter OEM+

Geektalk indeed but that's what I require! Saw an MX5 with spaz out mode on the other day, I didn't have my wipers on it was such a pathetic drizzle....woman.

Screen now fitted, ta da

937DE92E-C26F-40CC-B487-02EEC196AB04_zpsyn4cutrl.jpg
B674E91B-2BB2-4908-A216-71E6EE827973_zpseq06nquz.jpg
5B806F6B-CB54-4FB2-AE80-F658D2178F00_zpsq6gjvnw5.jpg
E9E5A273-1A89-4114-8C78-F788AE70BD30_zpsxzpqcovy.jpg

Still haven't got the stalk but it's on its way. Pluged into clip it still only gives the option for variable intermittent instead of rain sensor so I'll have to wait for the stalk to turn up before looking into it anymore.

In other news; I should be picking up a colour coded spoiler tomorrow afternoon. Who knew it would be so difficult to come across one.

Renault Clio DCi 65

Loving the attention to detail on your car, all the little touches really add up. Not only will the interior by like a sport so will the exterior. Top job!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

What gel you used for the sensor? I need to repack mine as it's getting s**t at sensing rain.
In other news , I'm getting rather pissed of rebuilding my engine. Had a crank regrind and the main bearings are still to tight. FFs!

Many.

Looking good. I didn't think you had to change the stalk, since you can go from Auto to Intermitten on the same stalk.

Have you actually got a stalk coming? I have a couple from sports, so all auto wipers etc, freebie.

Screen looks good though :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

Nah the sport / auto ones in sure are
off
auto
speed one
full speed

sayung that I'm sure intermittent might be auto after all.
Havent looked at the wiring configuration of the plug yet

Many.

Yeah, auto/intermitten use the same position. Only way it could be a different stalk is the varible wipe intermitten/sentivity, but I can't imagine Renault made two stalks, that effectly do the same job. Switch to Pos one and then differing resistance...

I'm glad I bought a car with Auto wipers etc.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

Lol I would trawl through dialogys but it took me 3hours last time to find the valve specs.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

@chris_pett Thanks mate. You've noticed my trait! Rather do things properly the first time than be even 1% unhappy with the final product. It'll be a full rep one day, just need to find out roughly how much it's going to cost me to get a sport kit sprayed.

@AlexW crap, completely forgot you had a stalk. One is in the post though. At the moment I've got this type. As you've both said, stalks are the same for intermittent and auto. Unsure if the stalk will cue this though. Likely needing an N3 or some serious clip talent.

$(KGrHqIOKosE33NmFvoWBOFkCl62jw~~_35.jpg

@HMS Derv Destroyer hope my auto data defectiveness helped in the end. On clip under rain sensor monitor when my stalk is on the first setting it says the stalk is not what would be the "Auto/variable" setting so the stalk must be causing at least 1 problem.

I've got the wiring diagrams disc in my dropbox if either of you want it.

Many.

Ahh! I assumed you had a varible intermitten stalk!

I reckon it'll work with the proper stalk then.

N2 should be able to do it IMO if it has the option. I think you can even make passenger window one touch? Poss needs more than just programming though. Thats something I REALLY want.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

Yeah did help mate, I've set them all, took a few hours of swapping them around and using spares out of other heads.
Not the best way to do it but it'll work.

Id love the one touch passenger window, still havent figured out why my drivers door no longer does auto. Even after the learning hold down for 10 secs blah blah.

Mines an N3 uh but I couldn't tel you what my setting are , as I don't own a clip, only a delphi

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

Difficult to keep up with myself at the moment.

Stalk should be hear tomorrow, need to turn the UCH off variable intermittent as it thinks it's on ultra quick intermittent at the moment which is annoying. There isn't the option at the moment Alex, it just says whether it's programed in or not. Most odd but I'm sure there's a way around it, otherwise I'm going to be stealing Ren's N3 secretly. 1 touch passenger window is there but also isn't an option when programming.

I wonder if I need to go on Reprog but the last time I did that some serious poop went down.

Anyway, todays update is the spoiler. Load more scratches than I wanted but I've tried to clay and tcut as much of it as possible.

E83713A6-1030-4CFB-A5EB-D01FC5752E8D_zpsscldtgso.jpg

636184D2-5068-4B91-BB4A-66B3F575C6FC_zpsm6cvtb4a.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

True mate. I'm not sure how to go about that.

Getting a few sport kit pieces very soon. Would like to get the rear bumper done first so the spending is a little incremental.

Many.

I have a rear bumper that needs paint, so cheap, along with skirts you can have for free. Might even have the clips to hold them on.

I may have a pair of wings too, all cheap as its Cup blue, so nobody wants it.

Speak to a Mod, like Dr Jekyll to change thread title.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

PM coming your way Alex, I can see a trip to Essex coming on.
Dr Jekyll thank you buddy. Let got for something like "Graham's OCD ph2 DCi sport rep" That's fairly accurate I suppose!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Well won't you see that, what a lovely new title, who thought of that? At least I not don't have to type POV into my browser and get a load of other stuff come up as suggested sites.

New name?!?! are you saying I have an old mans name (I do and can't wait for wrinkles) or are you saying I should change my childish user name, I should as even I don't know how to say it.

Many.
Now people will search sport rep, and find this half-arsed sport rep :p I kidd.

One day you'll become Graham with Grey hair. But I was indeed meaning your "childish" username. I didn't really think about it until I mentioned you at some point the other day.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
first new post in here as Graham!

Bought a sport rear bumper last night and took it to the The Bodyshop in Sevenoaks. Run by my friends brother who always does lovely work and will have it done in the week hopefully. £80. He's going to order enough paint for the whole sport kit so when I need it all doing it'll be ready to go. Took my fuelcap to get a decent match with the 1/4s

Whilst I was there he mentioned he'd bought a car with a blown headgasket that just so happened to be the same colour as my car but ph3 so had some tasty colour coded bits. I yoinked the wing mirror caps and may take the slightly less damaged spoiler next week. Cheap parts on the rest of it if anyone wants stuff (front end is gone) as it's going to be scrapped. N3 uch etc

FD0A5A0A-E005-48D9-AA0E-C278D2404DDC_zpsbkrigf8s.jpg

6E0BA4EF-C9C5-461A-8ACF-63CACC07F2F2_zpsqduoqj57.jpg
7E6E61F6-A49D-4604-8941-626329A7B2FB_zpsfy8q9odl.jpg

Just need to sell some stuff to fund this a little more now! It's so close.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
This weekend has been quite a good one. Got the bones of a sport kit sorted just need it painted now.

4E317E5D-AEF3-4DAF-B3B1-0F6900D4C811_zps4g8vrona.jpg
566D5DAA-A6E1-4FEC-A5B0-D1D4B5319BDD_zpsisypdkdz.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
This is a completely pathetic update but one none the less.

Got a set of scenic handles which are the correct colour code. Have a set of 4 so 2 going cheapy if anyone fancies doing a similar thing. Fitted them in my lunch break.

B8AD64C7-F28B-450B-B135-8EF83F91914F_zpsvkssj9yh.jpg
178DA209-262B-452E-BCFB-9B585B61089A_zpsolatpx2s.jpg

Rear bumper in paint currently so will have that on sometime next week.

Yesterday I went for a nice drive in the new forest so took a terrible snap.

A5AFAB77-4162-451F-AD0F-F1DBB8A64055_zpscao9gsp2.jpg

Also got a new radiator hose so will be fitting the 80 rad at somepoint soon. Just need to sort the AC condenser which turns out is a really difficult part to come by second hand.

Laurens n3 UCH will be going on the car very shortly so I can use the rain sensor ;)

Last but not least I've bought myself a sport airbag so I no longer have these horrible cut marks around my cruise switches. Have been looking for a new steering wheel and all the standard sport ones are in tatters. Having seen a mates twingo I noticed the steering wheel in his was the same as mine so now I'm on the look out for a Twingo 133 steering wheel.

Steeringwheel_zps580c33aa.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
AlexW I dream of a 197 wheel but they're all over my £100 wheel budget with an airbag. Have also been toying with the idea of a new scenic wheel but airbag again is difficult to come by

$_12.jpg

I am absolutely bored stiff so have done some even more boring jobs than yesterday.

Airbag came and on the parcel was written "Glass do not drop" which made me laugh. Is a lot nicer to look at compared to the old one.

02AD3429-DAC9-43C1-BC70-94A3D12E61D1_zpshz7g3ifq.jpg
3FB6B882-E088-415C-9A2F-470440DA97C4_zpswdw9oamr.jpg

Did that one job which I absolutely hate doing but is so worth it. The steering wheel was always left when going straight even though I'd done a quick stringing session after the wide track conversion. Spent a lot longer doing it today, wood under the wheels to release the preload on the tyres when adjusting made it substantially easier to get spot on.

BE7EB11F-0A37-4299-AA14-8825DDB1BD11_zpspukskymv.jpg

Many.
Airbag is mucho better.

Are the Twingo and Scenic definitely the same spline fitment?

I bow to you doing your tracking like that, I'd much rather pay for mine to be done. Even using the dunlop gauges my mate has, I just CBA!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I have absolutely no idea! The twingo wheel in the more basic spec ones is definitely a clio wheel with a more fancy airbag design.

Tracking like that is not fun. I almost have up. Steering wheel is probably less than a degree off bang straight now though. Was at least 30 before. Much better for cruising on the motorway. Really need some turntables though and a steering wheel clamp (currently my father)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I caved and bought a normal 182 wheel from ebay. Apparently it's a good condition one. When it was first listed I asked the seller what she wanted for it but she wanted £100. Good job I won it for £37 then isn't it.

Free time this evening and found this in my room. Completely forgotten about it. Sport gearbox mount. Threads on the gearbox were completely clogged up with grime so it took ages to clean them out and gradually wind in the bolts. Good results though and combined with the recently new dogbone there is very little back and forwards movement. Earth was looking a little unhappy before!

6D078487-F6CD-4F3E-B3B5-6DB481EAFD43_zpsn14xzeab.jpg

0B81B44F-96A4-473C-8B2B-452BA8751051_zpsbowur8iv.jpg

Then got horny, realised the nonsport only has a high pitched baby clio horn. Now it's a man.

E4361852-2E36-4037-BBA9-6050C5FCB36A_zpscretjj8g.jpg
C42F977D-3C81-48C8-AC3B-4B2E31AEE850_zpsyyn5nebd.jpg

Hopefully bumper tomorrow but who knows.

Got all the parts for the kangoo now apart from the injectors which are proving difficult to find for the price I want.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
These are gen ren and free, I'm a pure OEM *****. I'm going to do exactly the same at the weekend. By by aircon rad (temporarily)

Air horns are for playing songs!

Many.
Lol at you buying a 182 wheel.

My non-sport has twin tone horns, its just because yours is a poverty Ph2 rather than my epic Ph3 lol.

Gearbox mount is a large improvement, with a new top engine mount, and a sport dogbone (less movement than a non-sport) and it'll be epic.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
That's awseome! A lot of work there

Cheers. It is, although it's nearing the end soon which is a shame.

Lol at you buying a 182 wheel.

My non-sport has twin tone horns, its just because yours is a poverty Ph2 rather than my epic Ph3 lol.

Gearbox mount is a large improvement, with a new top engine mount, and a sport dogbone (less movement than a non-sport) and it'll be epic.

I shouldn't have really bought it but couldn't resist.

Damn your ph3. Mine was an expression + you know which means it's the height of luxury.

My mounts seem to be okay. I'm pretty happy with it at the moment. Current top mounts can rot though as you know. Seem to have an extra rumble from the car now after fitting the gearbox mount which is weird.

F9160E13-42AF-4375-8101-B48BC37C5CF5_zpsk1btr9nz.jpg

Started on the Kangoo today which I really can't be bothered to do but needs to get moving. Started to take the injectors out and then my t45 turned into a mush.

Took the fuel filter off, couldn't see any metal in there which was odd. I drained the fuel and have left it to settle. Not sure if it will separate into diesel and petrol but I'll have to see. Cambelt looks like it's never been changed in the 130k of it's life and was perishing. The timing tools didn't slide in like normal. They were very very close but not quite there so I've put that down to the belt stretching. Aux belt was also a bit tired. It started to rain so that's it for the moment.

33314AA7-2915-431D-A0CC-5513AE2C048B_zpstr1bmxdy.jpg
27B76069-69AB-42F1-A600-AA797C82909B_zpszl7uzotc.jpg
03D1FE08-33C1-4B30-9F88-451561997F41_zpsajeborsu.jpg
85BE023A-9E1B-4974-B3A8-4FB2A215009C_zpsttkhjdhu.jpg

Many.
Lol! I've seen belts like that far too often. People got lucky.

I look forward to hearing it. I was in your neck of the woods tonight too, check my thread soon.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Did a couple of things today. Removed the fuel and injectors from the Kangoo and got a sport wheel for the Clio. I'm less than pleased with it as I was under the impression it was in good condition. Damn. Anyway I've popped it on and it will have to do until I can afford a refurb.

FD1E3A37-30CD-4366-8B1C-D639C8F053FF_zpsknlzlfff.jpg

I've been lucky enough to get a summer job which means nothing will be happening to the car between mid June and September apart from increasing the mileage. I'll likely leave the bumpers with the body shop and ask him to fit them in at somepoint over the 3 months.

Car jobs to do in the next 2 weeks

Silver DCI
solid top mounts
rear bumper
n3 UCH

Red DCI
Parcel shelf
fit front arch liners
fit under tray
gear gaiter
refurb head lights

Laurens DCI
Change bonnet
fit wheel trims
change clocks
retrofit cruise control

Kangoo - Finally got all the parts I need now :D
Cambelt
Fuel pump
Injectors
Clean tank
Clean lines
New aux belt

70EE1574-D5B8-47F9-AF87-984C8EAC732A_zpssroz6tac.jpg

Also got a neighbours Clio to sort and a sunroof to seal for someone. A fair amount to do amongst other things but I shall press on!

Plans for my car for after summer
Full sport kit
Spacers
Proper dci80 front rad/cooler/condensor set up
Rebuild turbo
Remap

Many.
Progress and plans sound good. Nearly as busy as me :(

That wheel is very melted lol, at least the grips are in good condition.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
It'll all get done at some point but screw being you and having to fit more in!

The wheel is worse in real life as you'll see. Might sand it down the stupid thing. Grips are nice though :)