ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Car Show Convoy - Sunday 17th June 2012 - Donnington Park

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Ticket sorted by Tr1umph (thanks again), so will see you early tomorrow :)

I've even given it a wash in this weather!! Not looking forward to getting up at 5.30 though :(

Getting up at 5:30...I will be already driving by then. Feel sorry for the Northerners (Newcastle/Scotland) if they're travelling on the day...they would be leaving well before crack of dawn!!!

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Ok,all sorted,wings and bumper swapped car looks odd without the skoda splitter but i`ll have to attatch that another time.Ok to madgit,just before 7am at jct 10 m42.Have washed it but i dont know why i bothered,might take some spray wax to the show and give it a once over,if it aint raining.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
It didn't look stupid stupid!! Will be better in a couple of weeks wen they are all done! £30 a corner and the finish is amazing.... Just odd colours!!!!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
It didn't look stupid stupid!! Will be better in a couple of weeks wen they are all done! £30 a corner and the finish is amazing.... Just odd colours!!!!

It will be one of those things that only YOU will notice. If you hadnt said anything...we would probably have been none the wiser.

***I am going to try and run a relatively smooth convoy...steady run all the way if I can help it. Looking to leave Hopwood at 6:30 on the dot. If people are not there, we wont hang around, just in case. Anyone who doesnt have my number, pm me and I will let you know it. Any issues then...let me know on the day. :)

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Il try and b on time! Last 2 years iv woke up late!!!!

Just put the second coat of wax on! All done!!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Just cleaned mine quick. Not bad. Will be filthy again tomorrow though. :( quick wash and rinse was all I done. None of this wax and polish bullshite ;)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
See you lot tomorrow. I will be convoying with Martin and davo etc. so see you lot at the gates ;) sipping on a whiskey now to knock me out for tonight :)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
No way! Your mad. I'm up at 5:45 tomorrow. No time to give it another rinse. If I wanted to display my car "clean" I would have camped the night before so I wouldn't have had to drive far.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Yes please ;) I'm always happy for a few quid here and there

Mk2 Ph1
Hi guys. Id love to convey down but wont be able to get there in time. Going to be traveling down in a ford whilst the 182 money fund is building up ;-) Going to be taking a few snaps so might bump in to you. Have a good day all, should be sweeeet

What a brill day out! Just got back :) Sorting through photos now, gotta say most of mine are drift-related due to having more interest than most of the chavvy cars there, but none the less a good day out!

7387553854_1bf85fca04_c.jpg
Drift Rides by matthew-evans, on Flickr

I decided to have a go as a passenger in the drift taxi's, and got the Supra - good choice, however it didn't turn out as planned:

dda558df.jpg
a0fd4f56.jpg
890b3837.jpg

It's safe to say it scared the crap outta me, didn't expect that to happen, but as a bonus got another ride and this time in an RX-7 :)

More to come.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Great day. Best part was going round the track in the 265 trophy. Brilliant. Was so scary though when the driver started to drift it around the corners :(

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Thanks everyone for making it a good day. Sorry to Ad (madgit) for him not giving me his mobile so I couldnt let him know.

Was good day and once afternoon kicked in...I've ended up with bright red face due to sunburn!!

Will organise something soon....bear with me :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
i didnt get to the track, barriers were too high(before don jumps in!!!!!!)
in fact i spent most of the day wandering around CLEANING the car!!!!

I never said a thing dude. Its normally one of the others leading me astray :)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Aha. Your not that short Adam. :). Just a little bit. Anyone's short next to me.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
No way! It's weird when someone walks past me who is taller. I get a draft over my head. And it makes me feel well small.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Haha was a good day! My old man got a picture with the flux girls and it's made his year!! Dirty dad!