ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Car Show Convoy - Sunday 17th June 2012 - Donnington Park

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Everyone, I know that there are a few threads currently running in the West Midlands, but wanted to get this one set up before someone jumps the gun! ;)

This year, as you may well know, its a bit nearer and is at Donnington Park rather than Rockingham.

The postcode is DE74 2PR

It will take approximately 1 hour to get from Hopwood Services B48 7AU to DE74 2PR so I would suggest leaving Hopwood Services circa 6:45 to get there for around 7:45 so that the lads and lasses at CS can get the stand organised.

With it being the first year, I am preparing for teething troubles as it will be our first time there for FCS so I may be tempted to suggest leaving at 6:30 to be there circa 7:30 (gates open at 7:00) so we won't be first there...but the time flies as it gives you a chance to get yourself straight before the show begins.

Who's in???

1. Don

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Yea I'm in! Il say 5.45 for me then I might b on time hahaha

WRX
Are we just keeping on the M42 from Hopwood? If so then I can join at Tamworth Services if that's OK.

1. Don
2. Cerrone
3. Madgit

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Count me in Don. I'm buying my tickets on Monday. Also with have a mate in his 106 joining our convoy.

1. Don
2. Cerrone
3. Madgit(Adam)
4. Cswalmsley (Chris) + Dan in 106

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I will see what others do too as its a bit of a downwards journey to come back up if you know what I mean?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Are we just keeping on the M42 from Hopwood? If so then I can join at Tamworth Services if that's OK.

No worries...what I will do is call you as we're getting close so its easier for you to tag on if thats okay.

Be M42 then onto A42 straight to Donnington Park. :)

WRX
Yeah thats fine Don, if you call when you're at J9 should be about right for me to join at j10 if that's ok.
I'll soon catch you up anyway.:rasp:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Can we still get tickets? I haven't ordered but am tempted to go!!

Yeah mate. Mark hasnt announced about closing date. I ordered mine on Tuesday or Wednesday just make sure you put the club down so that you get a stand pass for Cliosport (otherwise you are parking outside of the complex in public parking)

WRX
If the worst comes to the worst, sure you could come with one of us Matt and pay at the gate. If you can get to me, you're welcome to jump in.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
If the worst comes to the worst, sure you could come with one of us Matt and pay at the gate. If you can get to me, you're welcome to jump in.

Only problem with that Ad is that they may not allow him entry until 9...which is a bit s**t. I think you can order them in advance (slightly cheaper) till about a week or so before. It will tell you on website...or you can pm Mark Dow and ask him as I'm sure he will still be taking advance sales until the latest opportunity available.

I got an email the other day of FCS that said the closing day for tickets was the 10th june

I shall just check

**edit**

£14.95 per person (pre-sales close 10[SUP]th[/SUP] June)

WRX
Only problem with that Ad is that they may not allow him entry until 9...which is a bit s**t. I think you can order them in advance (slightly cheaper) till about a week or so before. It will tell you on website...or you can pm Mark Dow and ask him as I'm sure he will still be taking advance sales until the latest opportunity available.

On the bright side, he should be near the front of the queue then pmsl.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
:( I wish I could come to this.On the plus side I'll be at Silverstone watching the Moto GP :) just wish they fell on different weekends, it's always the way for me

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
:( I wish I could come to this.On the plus side I'll be at Silverstone watching the Moto GP :) just wish they fell on different weekends, it's always the way for me

Not to worry mate. We've got the Vengabus to keep us entertained!!!

Its also the same weekend as Cosford Air Show...which is same pretty much every year.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Not to worry mate. We've got the Vengabus to keep us entertained!!!

Its also the same weekend as Cosford Air Show...which is same pretty much every year.

I may be destined to come to FCS after all, I've literally wrote that what an hour ago, checked my email and I've got an interview for a job on the Saturday. That would prevent me going Moto GP so then I'll cheer myself up with this.

Anyone that reads this I ask, would you change an interview considering Moto GP cost hundreds for all the passes and camping and was booked months ago?
Would this look really bad to a possible employer or would it show your commitment to uphold future commitments?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I may be destined to come to FCS after all, I've literally wrote that what an hour ago, checked my email and I've got an interview for a job on the Saturday. That would prevent me going Moto GP so then I'll cheer myself up with this.

Anyone that reads this I ask, would you change an interview considering Moto GP cost hundreds for all the passes and camping and was booked months ago?
Would this look really bad to a possible employer or would it show your commitment to uphold future commitments?

Just tell them that unfortunately due to family commitments you will be unable to do that date, could you possibly reschedule and apologise profusely. Just make out its something that has been booked for some time. Then you get best of both worlds...potentially

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the advice Don and Adam, will ring them first thing wednesday, tell them I have commitments it also that if one or the other the interview comes first

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Dnt be daft moto gp all the way! Just go on the doll..... Every one seems to be better off that way!! Haha

I have one spare ticket and no Clio if someone fancies giving me a lift they can have it for free. :)

(I'm not staying the night any more.)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Have I gotta give you a lift down to this too? Lol

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Your kidding? I've already got my mate in too. 4 up in the 182. You could sit behind me Adam, plenty of legroom for you with my chair back all the way :)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
You not going in your car really or you kidding? I might get a taxi light put on mine. :(