ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Megane 225 Trophy.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah, I've changed the car, again.

I was interested in a Megane for a while and after circumstances altered I thought fook it why not. Only has the car since Friday so haven't driven it much. But first impressions are great. Previously owned 6 clios I think this seems a nice step up in size. Speed wise not the disimaler from the Clio but the handling imo is. Or atleast for me. Seems inspire more confidence when pushing on, more planted. I miss the clios for sure as they an epic car for the money. Some will recognise the car from the off as it was owned by @Mr Burns (Ste) who has been great to deal with all the way through.

Plans are

Sort the niggles out and get some paint work done.
Looking at a stage one map, back box chop, panel filter, dump valve because chav and to just keep on top of the car.

Mileage is 79k with fsh and belts done by mick at diamond motors so that peace of mind. Will update more as I go a long but here some pics after a good jet wash, Polish, wax and sealant today and a bit yesterday too. Comments welcome and suggestions on mods welcome. I'm only going stage 1 though, money and reliability being my main reasoning :)

86425ED2-BD36-4049-96EC-E0F6D95AE183_zps6xqsxa4z.jpg

B94FF5FD-3D08-43D3-82D9-6AA11F64A848_zpsovhoh4gq.gif

20DCE119-0A34-496A-8BF5-D36BD4A4B305_zpszxd80ufm.gif

9035F08F-F9D2-46D4-8FF0-0B2A81A868D0_zpsgmwj2jnw.gif

584DD38D-D562-449A-B97C-157F7CAD13A1_zpsamd0naqo.gif

44F9E168-AFD2-4FA8-B751-4910E32BC80E_zpsip66okr1.gif

3484A829-2A81-478E-BE34-7EC83E57D5D5_zpsygiqrgon.gif

B7FC565D-0257-4B9A-83BC-53591175EDBC_zpsxsuosnck.gif

9CACA718-42FE-423D-8940-B14D6342771C_zpsv7toosbs.gif

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Now I've adjusted the seat lower it really is great fun to drive. I just sort of jumped in and drove it before. It really does handle very well.

Looking forward to tinkering with it. Does need to be a tad more chav though. I'm 35 but I want to be 17 again, ish :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Not my cup of tea but I can certainly see the appeal!

They still look really modern too. Mad considering that shape is 13 years old now.

I can appreciate that mate. After being on trackdays and with how the prices are now, they are good value imo. Well unless anything major goes wrong then they are utter toss.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I like that shape and the colour is cool. Still nice cars and we'll equipped. Just seem to have issues and cost a decent amount for consumables.

Track 172 Cup
Lovely car Dan fancied something like this when I seen the Black one Chi had outside his unit (I think Tom on here bought it lol), why not see Chris @ Efi for a map see what he can do for you on the remap.

Swift Sport
You decided to go for one then, nice work, I was trying to avoid sending Ste a message myself so you've saved me there haha.

What's replacing it @Mr Burns ?

God knows! Started off wanting a £1000 shed for the winter, now I'm looking at nearly new because I'm an indecisive idiot lol.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely car Dan fancied something like this when I seen the Black one Chi had outside his unit (I think Tom on here bought it lol), why not see Chris @ Efi for a map see what he can do for you on the remap.

Chris doesn't map meganes mate, was chatting to Carl about it on Wednesday. Yeah Tom did buy chi's

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Im calling it now.....

You will want more than a stage one!
This will be for sale again within 6 months!

I do like these and if i ever did leave the clios then these would be a strong contender. Nice buy Dan :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Alex. I don't (he says) want to go anymore than a stage 1. Reliability is a concern (French/Megane) so as long as it goes ok and sounds good I'm happy.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Any thoughts on my above plans joe, with regards mapping, filter etc. Would have loved an r but not to be
Mine currently has:
RS Tuner map (Henk)
Backbox chop
Forge recirc
ITG panel filter with airbox mod
Airtec Intercooler.

It pulls like a train to be honest, and sounds great. I don't think you'd need/want it to much quicker tbh. I'm planning on getting it mapped by RS Tuning next year at some point though after I've done a few other bits.

If you're interested I have a Forge BOV & blanking plate I removed last week?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
i always say to you,only live once do what you want to the cars and enjoy them,as long as its financially ok do it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Mine currently has:
RS Tuner map (Henk)
Backbox chop
Forge recirc
ITG panel filter with airbox mod
Airtec Intercooler.

It pulls like a train to be honest, and sounds great. I don't think you'd need/want it to much quicker tbh. I'm planning on getting it mapped by RS Tuning next year at some point though after I've done a few other bits.

If you're interested I have a Forge BOV & blanking plate I removed last week?

Cheers joe. Funny you say about the tuner map. I know they improve the 172/182 so have wondered what they did to the Megane. Did you go with the tuner because relatively standard? How do you find the exhaust, good? Sounds ace on videos and in the grand scheme (£90) cheap. Did you do the Airbox mod your self?

How much you wanting for the bov, hoe come you removed it.

Thanks joe.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers joe. Funny you say about the tuner map. I know they improve the 172/182 so have wondered what they did to the Megane. Did you go with the tuner because relatively standard? How do you find the exhaust, good? Sounds ace on videos and in the grand scheme (£90) cheap. Did you do the Airbox mod your self?

How much you wanting for the bov, hoe come you removed it.

Thanks joe.
It was already on the car when I bought it mate. From what I can see the RS Tuners aren't as popular with the Megane's, most seem to a get a live map from Paul.
I love the exhaust, sounds a lot better in person. Its still nice a quiet inside unless your driving like a loon lol, which is nice coming from a Yozza'd 182. My only gripe is that a hate the standard exhaust tips.
The airbox mod was already done also, so saved me a job.

£60 collected? If not I could post it out no problem. I'm not a fan of them mate, much prefer choo choo noises lol.